Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Death Note Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion

Nov 15, 2010 9:40 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Death Note with L was much better. But oh well. I think it's time for me to read the manga.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Jun 18, 2011 9:53 PM

They show crazy Light again in the beginning! Man that guy has lost it...anyway I liked it. But the scene where Mikimi was writting everyones names at the warehouse was overly dramatic. Oh and I just realized that the gun Mello uses when Takada is kinapped is the same one as Revy's from Black Lagoon. A 9mm Sword Cutlass.

Jun 21, 2011 8:06 PM

I actually liked the brief rewrites in the Death Note Specials, as it gave new little tidbits that you could ponder. Nothing to the storyline, mind you, but for the characters.

The absolute best addition was the flashback from Wammy's House.

The Rewrites give you a little something more to go on in regards to the characters mental states and emotions, and I really enjoyed that!

p.s...I also liked how the final Note stated "Once they are Dead they cannot comeback". Perhaps the creators are letting fans know (since these specials are fan service, really) they had no intent on continuing the story. Which I'm thankful for. I like that it ends!
Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face I keep mumuring to someone..."Ah, I'm not lonely."

Jun 21, 2012 9:12 PM

it had the same scene from the anime but kinda difrent plot at many points it was better then the first special

stil the ending is sadly not changed but i gues thats logical that would ruin the serie
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."

Aug 2, 2012 7:13 PM

Well this starts where the other special ended or stats at episode 26!

Either way a good recap of the 11 episodes in to this 1:34 hour movie!
Defiantly good if you'd like to rewatch this anime in a short period of time!

Loved the Real Story and both of these special recaps!
Modified by RafaelDeJongh, Dec 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2, 2012 8:30 AM

I was sure that first special it would be better, and I am right anw. Ok, second special was 1:30 hour movie when first is 2:00 hours. I don't have any problem about arc with Near and the all thing (as many fans have) but I feel that in this recap they have cut many skins that it as very useful and common, such as the death of Laito's dad.

Sep 4, 2012 3:40 PM

Of course, it's to be expected that a lot of memorable events were cut out of the rewrite but for a couple hours of entertainment, it's still an enjoyable recap of the show. I found the added scenes very interesting to watch like at Wammy's House, the introduction by L and Near covered in blood. I don't remember the show being as graphic as this though.

Sep 15, 2012 2:33 PM

I was really pissed they changed so much but not the ending,when light told mikami to "save one page of the notebook" I thought the rewrite will fix the series mistake,sadly I was wrong.
anyways,I will give it a 9/10 because of the first one's ending scene.

Oct 24, 2013 10:45 PM

Anitnelav said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Death Note with L was much better. But oh well. I think it's time for me to read the manga.

Totally agree.
7/10

Aug 31, 2014 7:00 PM
I remember saying these same things to myself (of course who else could I possibly--) years and years ago. It's been a while and I've not had the patience to rewatch the entire series. I've totally forgotten. Such a disturbing ending.

Jan 5, 2016 11:36 PM

Light really went crazy in the end, eh. Always loved the character development in this series. Been so long I needed a recap.
I think it is a bit sad how Light and Ryuk kinda drifted apart in the end. Not that they were ever friends but I always loved seeing them working together.
Loved seeing L again, Death Note just isn't the same without him <3

Jan 7, 2016 11:55 AM

I hoped they would animate Light's death as it was in the manga. I find the way he died in the anime pathetic.

Mar 13, 2016 5:22 PM
SHSL Good Luck

That new scene with L talking to the orphans was a nice addition. Another good recap.

4/5

Jul 10, 2017 5:46 AM
Shame, was just a recap. Surprised with its popularity this wasn't a special 2 hour long episode about what happens after the events of Death Note, but I guess that might dampen peoples opinions of the show, Meh!

Oct 13, 2017 10:31 PM
Is this the part after Death Note series ?

Mar 31, 2018 12:25 PM

Good special. Finally done with death note rewrite I guess.
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 28, 2018 1:14 PM

I thought the rewrite movies were a little too short, too much was crammed into them. But they are pretty useful for a rewatch, if you've already seen the series! It was great experiencing Death Note again, it's one of my favorites. And it was all worth it just for that scene with L's little speech on monsters. Absolutely amazing!

Dec 21, 2018 2:42 AM

Its was a good summary, i hope we get an offical statemant for the Theory that light is the shikigami that asked for Ryuk

Dec 26, 2018 5:49 PM

It'd work better if they had enough time to include some of the other stuff in the anime like what Mello actually intended to do and why he abducted Takada, and how Light came in contact with Mikami and Takada in the first place. Not including the part where Light killed his dad made Matsuda going berserk on him made it less impactful and reasonable. I personally preferred Mikami killing off the Sakura TV executives instead of the random variety show critics because it just showed that Kira doesn't like the haters instead of showing him as a person who doesn't like others to mooch off his glory. Misa jumping off the building in the end should've been included too for obvious reasons.

Despite the omissions, I still kinda liked it and it's okay as a recap but the modified scenes was pretty confusing when you use the original anime as a reference. But I like how they slowly showed the actual methods Near did to swap the Death Note instead of the half-hearted "I switched it yeah" and I absolutely loved the part where Near just silently gazed at the screen after calling Light right after the SPK Massacre took place. He was so triggered! L appearing in the beginning was pure fanservice too because he has very little parts in the movie lmao