Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2014 8:50 PM

Apr 2013
I am currently read a VN, G-senjou no Maou, and a few hours into it I only came around one or two choices. I doesn't feel as interactive as I thought it would be which is a disappointment but the story is great at least.

Is this the same for most VN or are there more heavy choice based ones out there?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 9, 2014 12:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It varies a LOT, some have choices every few minutes whereas others can go on for many hours between each one.

Generally it depends mostly on the story branching design; if it's a linear game then obviously there won't be much need for choices very often, whereas if you have tons of routes and/or minigames you can consequently have a ton of choices all over the place that might still all serve a purpose.

Type-Moon and Key tend to have the most choice-heavy VNs in my experience, but there are many other titles out there as well that fit the description if you look for it. You can also use the tag search mechanic for sorting out visual novels based on stuff like specific choice mechanics, although it will naturally only have a handful of the actual worthwile ones listed under it: http://vndb.org/g1468
Feb 9, 2014 6:53 AM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
It varies a LOT, some have choices every few minutes whereas others can go on for many hours between each one.

Generally it depends mostly on the story branching design; if it's a linear game then obviously there won't be much need for choices very often, whereas if you have tons of routes and/or minigames you can consequently have a ton of choices all over the place that might still all serve a purpose.

Type-Moon and Key tend to have the most choice-heavy VNs in my experience, but there are many other titles out there as well that fit the description if you look for it. You can also use the tag search mechanic for sorting out visual novels based on stuff like specific choice mechanics, although it will naturally only have a handful of the actual worthwile ones listed under it: http://vndb.org/g1468

Thanks for the reply and that link. Seems like there is a wide range to choose from. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.