Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2007 11:42 PM

Jul 2006
[center]ⓦⓔⓛⓒⓞⓜⓔ

anime || art source

Hi there and welcome to sports fans!

i dont expect too much activity in this thread, since we are a somewhat rare breed, but i still like knowing about new members.

so if you're new, come say hi. =)

MayukaMay 1, 2015 6:22 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2007 11:58 PM

Aug 2007
Hello!

Dec 6, 2007 10:58 AM

Jul 2006
lol, yo ^_^
Jan 1, 2008 6:37 AM

Nov 2007
hi ...... umm both of you

btw, do you know only this club pop out when I write "sports" on club search.

Jan 1, 2008 6:24 PM

Jul 2006
welcome, blackneko!

well, sports lovers are a bit of a rare breed. thanks for doing something with ur list, especially since you are a bit newer to anime and MAL (welcome to MAL, btw!)

have you seen nodame jdrama? know you, the drama came first... i love the drama tho i did like the anime too.
Jan 2, 2008 4:30 AM

Sep 2007
Hi i'm new and I love sports animes very bad xD
Jan 2, 2008 6:56 AM

Jul 2006
hey, youre b-day is a week before mine =)

good list... i like yaoi too XD

welcome!

Jan 3, 2008 1:51 AM

Nov 2007
June said:

have you seen nodame jdrama? know you, the drama came first... i love the drama tho i did like the anime too.

I see some, my sister like it, I just not getting into Jdrama yet, I think Juri Ueno is awesome.
Jan 3, 2008 10:54 AM

Jul 2006
well if you ever did wanna try some i could give you a few titles (guy-friendly ones)

=)
Jan 9, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
konnichiwa!
i'm glad to have found this club around here...
i'm new to this site. :)

all the same, sports anime rock!
i love Prince of Tennis. ^_^
Jan 13, 2008 10:52 PM

Jul 2006
welcome to sports fans =)

dont forget to pretty up ur list (its one of the nicest features of the site)

^_^
Feb 3, 2008 1:34 AM

Jan 2008
Hi! nice to meet you... I've seen some sports anime, but only recently started to really like them ... actually because of Prince of Tennis and Overdrive... and I really want to see more... I think you're list helps me a lot :).
Feb 3, 2008 11:40 AM

Jul 2006
good good, i <3 PoT.

PoT was my first. i loved that junk and i cant wait to rewatch it again. ^_^
Apr 25, 2008 2:33 AM
Jul 2007
Well... Posted Everywhere else, about time I got here too lol. Note I'll probably not post again for like a month after this. I tend to post in waves, bad habit of mine.

And are we really that rare of a breed June? *cranks Jock Jams* Arrrreee U Rdy to Rumble!!!! Woop There it Is! Woop there it is! Cmon all lets make some Noise! Can't touch, Can't touch the Rock! Can't touch the rockin now! Weeee are the champions of the world! And we'lll keep on fighting to the end da da da da! Going to Flyyyy like an Eagle to the sea! going to fly and let my wings carry me! Ect. I can't remember the lyrics long enough to type them but I can hear the various tracks playing in my head.

If Sports lover were a rare breed Don Cherry wouldn't be rich. Give the poor suckers time or make a Hockey anime. Either one and the net willl be flooded with novice sport otaku hordes, much like zombies... Only better armed and muscled having bats and hockey sticks instead of just rotting limbs.
Apr 25, 2008 2:56 AM

Jul 2006
i think there's different phases to anime.

you start with the popular ones (FMA, naurto, bleach) then you work ur way into ecchi and harem (ah my goddess, etc), then maybe revisit stuff you never realized was anime (sailor moon, etc), then you start watching stuff like death note and think you are really coming to be a veteran anime watcher. then after you run out of stuff to watch you finally get to the obscure genres like sports.

luckily for me PoT was one of the first 50 series i finished so i got to start out early o_o
Apr 25, 2008 3:18 AM
Jul 2007
Heh, never have been very normal when I think about it I think my first Anime ever was Slayers back in the 1990's. I'm a fantasy nerd, I liked watching the animated Hobbit with msuic by Rankin and Bass back in the days of yore and Slayers was so much cooler. I've been trying to find an english sub of the snes game for years. I vowed to my twelve year old self that I would find the source of such awesomeness and I would become an employee of blockbuster for the free rentals of said good stuff when I grew up.

Alas by the time I grew up anime had already more or less left the shelves and there was no real point. Still one sticks around for spare cash, free rentals, and savings for library clerk training.

I took recomends and goggled all over heaven & hell in search of the good stuff. I've only really been watching anime as a serious hobby in the last 2 years or so. Before that it was all Samuria Jack, Gundam wing, Inuyasha(compulsively), things like that off ytv.

I started out in the love triangle stuff because of Inuyasha moved straight to sports through h2 bounced back through echii tenchi was the connection from ruroni because of sword fights, then love hina, ahh my goddess. I'd already watched bleach and found fma because of buso renkin alchemy connection long before I realized they were actually popular Lol. Although the fact they were popular might have lead to my finding them earlier I guess. Googles good for that.

Also I've yet to go back and watch Cardcaptor Sakura. So I skipped that step somehow. Must have been because of Muzaki. If not for castle in the sky/nausisca/spirited away/cat returns/whisper of the heart ect i might have been a much different anime lover...

I'm rambling now... time for sleep. I'll have to start ookiku tomorrow. Regardless nice chatting June. You might think Sports otaku's are rare, but I can't help but think that a rabid anime watcher of the fairer sex is even more rare. It's kind of like encountering a female gamer, I've never done it in person but I've heard of the rare and illusive breed.
Apr 25, 2008 3:30 AM

Sep 2007
Thanks for the invite.

Kind of like mecha, I don't necessarily consider myself a hardcore sports anime fan, but at the same time I have loved pretty much every one I've seen...other than Buzzer Beater though the concept has just enough of Space Jamishness to possibly lure me back for the 2nd season.

I think my favorites in the genre are Hajime no Ippo and Prince of Tennis although I also have a soft spot for Battle Athletes..all those years I ran track I guess.
Apr 25, 2008 3:38 AM
Jul 2007
Hmm... Might have to take a look at athletes I've seen it reccomended a couple times now and it has splendid company.

Welcome and stuff, heh. All Hail Gundam/Tactics/Machina/Escaflowne/Ect. There are good mecha and bad mecha but all mecha are destructive and fun.
Apr 25, 2008 3:51 AM

Jan 2008
woo woo. new to the club

i run track and field both outdoor and indoor seasons. I also box in an amateur league. I break dance w/ my crew time to time. i love to paintball hardcore.

sooo is this club for ppl who play sports or ppl who like sprts anime.

looks like sports anime club hence the "(anime)"

kthxbai
Apr 25, 2008 4:21 AM

Sep 2007
I imagine most people who enjoy sports anime also play or have played sports. I think part of the reason I enjoy it is that it rekindles memories of the glory days lol.
Apr 25, 2008 4:44 AM

Jul 2006
Satudo said:
I'm rambling now... time for sleep. I'll have to start ookiku tomorrow. Regardless nice chatting June. You might think Sports otaku's are rare, but I can't help but think that a rabid anime watcher of the fairer sex is even more rare. It's kind of like encountering a female gamer, I've never done it in person but I've heard of the rare and illusive breed.
make sure to get back and tell us what you thought of ookiku. ^_^
BlackMagic said:
Thanks for the invite.

Kind of like mecha, I don't necessarily consider myself a hardcore sports anime fan, but at the same time I have loved pretty much every one I've seen...other than Buzzer Beater though the concept has just enough of Space Jamishness to possibly lure me back for the 2nd season.
i personally thought season 2 of buzzer was a lot more interesting. but i admit that the series isnt my fav but still decent and easy to watch, you know? o_o
byi42 said:
sooo is this club for ppl who play sports or ppl who like sprts anime.

looks like sports anime club hence the "(anime)"

kthxbai
lol, yeah... focused more on the anime part of it, but hey... a lot have said that they relate because they actually participated... i love it when people say that they started a sport because of the anime ^_^
Apr 25, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
Hello! I'm glad I can be part of this club.

Thank you for inviting me~! :D

Apr 25, 2008 6:13 AM

Jul 2006
thanks for joining ^_^

PoT FTW! =)
Apr 25, 2008 8:58 AM

Oct 2007
hello and thank you for invite :D

Apr 25, 2008 12:09 PM

Jul 2006
hi and thanks for joining ^_^

Apr 25, 2008 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
Hi everyone! Thanks for inviting me into the club, though I'm not sure how big of a "sports anime fan" I am. If anything I think I am a fan of the boys who play sports, especially if the boys are fans of other boys, hurhurhur. I love love love Oofuri and wish there were more shows like it. I just started Touch. Even though I'm only on episode two, I think thats I will really enjoy it as well.

If anyone has any recs for sports anime that are highly slashable or yaoi related I would be very happy! >o<
Apr 25, 2008 1:44 PM
Oct 2006
Hai guys!
Um yea, I guess I'm somewhat of a sports anime fan. Been following Major since some time during season 1 and hajime no ippo is one of my absolute favorites (also happens to be the only show I've rewatched more than one time). I have to mention Slam Dunk as well, that despite leaving out the good stuff at the end (from the manga), is one of the most hilarious shows I've ever seen =p
Seen a lot more sports anime than that but those are the ones I remember most I guess.
Thanks for the invite ;)
Apr 25, 2008 2:38 PM
Dec 2007
Well yea I am new. As an avid sports fan its good to know there are those who also appericate the genre.
Apr 25, 2008 4:37 PM

Jul 2006
hi and welcome ^_^

perfidiouspal said:
Hi everyone! Thanks for inviting me into the club, though I'm not sure how big of a "sports anime fan" I am. If anything I think I am a fan of the boys who play sports, especially if the boys are fans of other boys, hurhurhur. I love love love Oofuri and wish there were more shows like it. I just started Touch. Even though I'm only on episode two, I think thats I will really enjoy it as well.

If anyone has any recs for sports anime that are highly slashable or yaoi related I would be very happy! >o<
well, Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go are 2 series that come to mind when i think of slashable, or at least evokes the imagination of the yaoi-inclined XD
Apr 25, 2008 6:34 PM

Nov 2006
Hey there!! What's up?

Love sports! Watching them and playing!! Soccer, tennis, and martial arts rock my life!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2008 6:45 PM

Jul 2006
awsome! glad to have ya ^_^
Apr 25, 2008 8:21 PM
Mar 2008
Hey wats good everybody I'm a big fan of sports anime. I'm torn between Hajime no ippo and eyeshield 21 as being my favorite. But i think i'm leaning more towards eyeshield 21 mainly bcus I play american football and like sena I'm a running back as well. I am no where nearly as fast sena. I'm more of a bruiser running back.

I also like slam duck, buzzer beater,prince of tennis, and air gear
Apr 25, 2008 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
eyeshield 21 is so unreal.

sen is too short and skinny to get that kind of 40. my best is only 4.58 and i don't even play football.

i like hni way better.
Apr 25, 2008 9:48 PM

Sep 2007
Short people are more likely to have fast 40s since they have less acceleration time. I think it's more unrealistic that he hasn't torn a ligament considering his training methods :/
Apr 26, 2008 1:13 AM
Jul 2007
You said to get back after finishing ookiku. They spent an entire season on One Game. Nonethless it was a good one and in a way they skipped to the good stuff. The meditation and things was a little weird tho... Anyhew, I feel this odd urge to go watch major again. I think I'll ignore it however. All I really have are good memories, don't want to mess with that.

Also... For some reason I can't help but feel that the catcher was the real main character. The main one was too irritating for me to like in anything but the kind of fondness one has for a particularely paranoid and devoted house pet. I'm not sure I could have restrained myself as well as the catcher did... Well I like to think I would have but, Regardless the little orange haired bugger was seriously irritating on a grand scale of 10.... He was like a 9 his only redeeming feature being his work ethic... Seriously.

Also in regards to eyeshield, he's meant to be indestructable. All characters with seriously bad luck are, otherwise it would be unrealistic for them to survive long enough to actually be aired. Look at Hayate... Or heck any of a dozen seriously bad luck toons.

I think it would be more unrealistic for eyeshield to actually tear a ligament after all this time of somehow avoiding it. Realsticially he'd have to be a genetic and statisical freak to have survived as long as he has.

If eyeshield was meant to be taken realistically he would almost Have to be a mutant. Luckily he's not, it's like orange glowy soccer balls or the ability to pitch so fast people get blown away LOL.
SatudoApr 26, 2008 1:20 AM
Apr 26, 2008 1:30 AM

Jul 2006
you guys are killing me? o_o

nothing about these series are realistic...

you really think middle schoolers could pull off this kind of stuff? (the usual age range for anime sports)

=P
Apr 26, 2008 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
Howdy and thanks for inviting me, I'm fairly new to this site but I've watched a few series here and there. Prince of Tennis is my favorite anime overall, it's just too cool. Looking forward to being part of the club <3
Apr 26, 2008 1:37 PM

Jul 2006
thanks for joining! keep watching and discussing, ne? ^_~
Apr 26, 2008 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
'ello. =)
Apr 26, 2008 4:43 PM
Nov 2007
Hello...
Just joined as well..
Got hooked to sports anime, because of Ookiku Furikabutte! I'm reading the manga now as well.
As for sports anime Oofuri and Hikaru no Go are the only ones. I'm more the manga reader when it comes to sports. (hiding the fact that he hasn't looked for any sports anime's)

Satudo said:

Also... For some reason I can't help but feel that the catcher was the real main character. The main one was too irritating for me to like in anything but the kind of fondness one has for a particularely paranoid and devoted house pet. I'm not sure I could have restrained myself as well as the catcher did... Well I like to think I would have but, Regardless the little orange haired bugger was seriously irritating on a grand scale of 10.... He was like a 9 his only redeeming feature being his work ethic... Seriously.

Indeed! Mihashi was really annoying and irritating, but I loved it how they all reacted to him. Trying to stay nice, etc.
But he was the main character right? I did think so.. : /
Also I was hoping to see more development of him, guess you can't do that in one game...
Apr 26, 2008 6:26 PM

Jul 2006
thanks for joining all!

@kakkou-kun: yes, he was the main. oofuri could totally do more seasons and become a nice rival to the major series XD
Apr 26, 2008 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
Hey, just to say Hi! I really enjoy sports anime. I'm currently watching Major S4 (waiting for the next episode from mjn) and recently finished Ookiku Furikabutte. That was a very funny series. I also watched already the prince of tennis, Capeta, initial D and Hajime no Ippo. Really good series all o f them. Do you guys know something about the fansub of eyeshield 21? I havent seen any release of any group in a while.

Apr 26, 2008 10:00 PM

Jul 2006
hi and welcome!

my bf told me about some releases but i forgot them. next time i talk to him, i'll make sure to ask. what ep are you stuck at?
Apr 26, 2008 10:33 PM
Jul 2007
Agreed on the more seasons required for oofuri, also note...

Thank you (Domi Arigato) Whatever, for reminding me how friggen awesome eyeshield was. Rewatching it now, the op still rocks.
Apr 26, 2008 10:50 PM

Jul 2006
to be honest, the first 10 or so were not that interesting but now that i got past that its super exciting. im on ep 39 and they are soon to start the fall tournament XD
Apr 26, 2008 10:54 PM
Jul 2007
Theres like 20 bum filler episodes before the final tournament starts. They still haven't finished subbing it although they did skip right past. Regardless lots of training, goof off episodes, and some minor backstory bits. Some good, Some bad. Don't get discouraged and feel free to skip a few if they start getting on your nerves.
Apr 27, 2008 3:11 AM

Nov 2007
hi everyone! i'm new in this club...i hope we can have a great discussion about sports animes here!xD

Apr 27, 2008 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
HI June, about eyeshield I have a gap from 88-107 and then all the new episodes after 122. thanks a lot for your help :).
Apr 28, 2008 4:14 AM
Feb 2008
hello to every one :)
sorry can anyone tell me whats the name of a anime with volleyball with the main protagonist a red haire kid ?
i was to little when i saw that anime and i don't remember the name of the anime :(
anyway i'will apriciate everyones help
Apr 28, 2008 12:48 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM

» What Sports Anime are you planning to watch? ( 1 2 )

underMebius - Aug 2, 2008

57 by -Ayu »»
Dec 24, 2016 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.