Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love Hina Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
May 4, 2009 11:43 PM

Jun 2007
Proper art, no filler, proper ending...an all-around faithful adaption of the original manga. It'd be great, no?

I mean, I'd say it's still popular enough. :P
Jun 2, 2009 8:06 AM
Mar 2009
yeah that would be awesome! its not gonna happen though :(
Jun 2, 2009 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
A remake without Naru would be nice.
Jun 2, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
Asako said:

SERIOUSLY.
Jun 2, 2009 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
Asako said:

AGREED FOREVER.
You can find me on IRC.
Jul 4, 2009 8:43 AM

May 2009
Kuyukly said:
Asako said:

AGREED FOREVER.

Y´s that?
I like her tipe of charecter
Jul 4, 2009 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
just need a proper ending and folow the manga.
Jul 5, 2009 6:07 PM

Oct 2007
joshi said:
Kuyukly said:
Asako said:

AGREED FOREVER.

Y´s that?
I like her tipe of charecter

I hate it with no equal. I sure as hell wouldn't want a girlfriend who would punch me in the face whenever I did something she could misconstrue as something perverted, completely and probably deliberately ignoring my side of the story.
You can find me on IRC.
Jul 11, 2009 5:17 PM
Jan 2009
recently i read the manga and the ending as well as the story are much better than the anime! they should make a remake of love hina using the manga!!!
Jul 16, 2009 6:21 PM
May 2008
When you put the anime and the OVA's together,
then it follows the manga.
Aug 3, 2009 1:45 AM

Aug 2009
Asako said:

You gotta be kidding me? Love Hina will lose it touch if that happens.
Jun 29, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2010
Asako said:

nooooo waaaay i like naru <3
Oct 17, 2010 7:50 AM
Jan 2009
A remake that follows the actual manga would be GREAT. Too much of the anime didnt follow the manga, or wernt even in it. and more than half of the story wasnt even from the manga. thay basically took all the characters and the places from the manga, and made an entirely new show from it. If you read the manga, i dont sugguest you watch the anime, unless you jsut want to RAGE!
Oct 18, 2010 7:52 AM

Oct 2007
NightlyDeath said:
A remake that follows the actual manga would be GREAT. Too much of the anime didnt follow the manga, or wernt even in it. and more than half of the story wasnt even from the manga. thay basically took all the characters and the places from the manga, and made an entirely new show from it. If you read the manga, i dont sugguest you watch the anime, unless you jsut want to RAGE!

Deviating from the manga != bad anime. Seriously, if all you want is a verbatim copy of the manga, why would they even bother MAKING an anime?

But Love Hina was still a bad anime. Fucking Naru. Worthless character.
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 20, 2010 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
Asako said:

No way! Imagine a Spice and Wolf without Holo or Lucky star without Konata or Kagami. Its the same.

NightlyDeath said:
A remake that follows the actual manga would be GREAT.

+1
Oct 20, 2010 10:05 PM

Oct 2007
Dj_bereta said:
Asako said:

No way! Imagine a Spice and Wolf without Holo or Lucky star without Konata or Kagami. Its the same.

It so is not. S&W and Lucky Star aren't harem anime. The only thing that really matters in the plot of a harem anime is that the harem exists.

Love Hina's plot would remain unchanged if someone else (such as Shinobu <3) took Naru's place as the lead heroine. Sure, events may play out differently, but the fact is that Naru isn't all-important to the story. She could easily be removed and her spot given to another character and we'd be left with a slightly different but ultimately unchanged Love Hina.
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 22, 2010 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
Kuyukly said:
Dj_bereta said:
Asako said:

It so is not. S&W and Lucky Star aren't harem anime. The only thing that really matters in the plot of a harem anime is that the harem exists.

Love Hina's plot would remain unchanged if someone else (such as Shinobu <3) took Naru's place as the lead heroine. Sure, events may play out differently, but the fact is that Naru isn't all-important to the story. She could easily be removed and her spot given to another character and we'd be left with a slightly different but ultimately unchanged Love Hina.

WTF? Characters are not important in a haren? Haren isn't a hentai dude.

And you dont understand my point of view. I'm not saying about plot of these works (spice and wolf, lucky star,etc), I'm saying about the importance of these characters for your respectives animes. Naru are Important for love hina and the story would be a pointless without her. Love Hina without Naru punching keitaro or your funny scenes..

Kanako is the only girl in this manga that resembles the personality of Naru and probaly replace her without great changes in story. I can not imagine for example Shinobu VS Kanako fighting for keitaro's love. Shinobu does not have the courage to pick a fight. The rest of hinata girls can't fit on Naru's place.
Nov 17, 2010 5:08 AM

Nov 2008
Kuyukly said:
I hate it with no equal. I sure as hell wouldn't want a girlfriend who would punch me in the face whenever I did something she could misconstrue as something perverted, completely and probably deliberately ignoring my side of the story.

I agree with you.
It's funny at the beginning but after a while it get really annoying how she hit Keitaro for almost everything he do without listening to anything at all.
But well on the other side i have got used to that a bit knowing how jap anime tend of exagerate everything .
darkraidersNov 17, 2010 5:12 AM
Nov 24, 2010 1:39 AM

Nov 2009
Ken did have a plan to make a free manga DL site featuring Love Hina as its first title.
Maybe that might give more publicity for Love Hina.

Really hoping for a remake also. Actually I just really want the rest of the manga to be animated.

Kuyukly said:
Dj_bereta said:
Asako said:

But really with out naru? That won't Love Hina any more. It will more like be a spin off rather than an adaptation. No more promised girl, no more struggling to get into Todai. No more 3 ronins. I cannot imagine Love Hina with out Naru's exaggerated negative reactions.
Dec 24, 2010 11:57 PM
Dec 2010
i agree..just follow exactly the manga in the anime, and ill be happy..
Dec 25, 2010 6:39 AM

Oct 2007
tatoearashiga said:
i agree..just follow exactly the manga in the anime, and ill be happy..

Then why have an anime at all? Just read the manga.
You can find me on IRC.
May 3, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2014
Lol just what we need more ecchi remakes. It was a fun little series while it lasted, I think it's time to let go.
Aug 14, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
it got a remake,its called Nisekoi :I...go watch it if you dont believe me...
Sep 3, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2015
The only way a remake would ever work is if they made the characters likable. Seriously what good reason do people have to actually like Naru!?
Dec 26, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Sidestep said:
Proper art,

Proper art? It looks awesome comparing to art used now in most cases.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2018 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
Kuyu said:
Asako said:

AGREED FOREVER.

that's the only way to possible make the show watchable, Naru was what ruined it for me
Apr 21, 2018 5:12 PM
Apr 2018
I love the series but I think that Naru's anime adaptation was a lot more cold and hostile than she was in the manga.

I get that it's tsundere but maybe she could have started off a little warmer, and yeah the ending felt a little cop-out.
Aug 20, 2018 3:29 AM
Dec 2017
The original anime kinda had an ending, at least for one of the plots. I would like a remake though, just for modern popularity, and to fix anything viewers hated about the original.
Aug 29, 2018 4:13 AM

Apr 2014
>Proper art

fuck no modern anime art style sucks compared to the early 2000s.
Feb 20, 2019 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
If there would be one its probaby gonna take a few more years until we hear of it. Seeing as more and more anime get a remake it would be great if this one could get one. I just recently watched it and I thought it aged pretty good.
Apr 26, 2019 2:29 PM

Nov 2017
Alot of anime get remakes these days so it may be possible

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Hina Episode 19 Discussion

Karikaturata - Dec 24, 2009

10 by mercurytenshi »»
Jan 24, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Love Hina Episode 20 Discussion

innominateink - Jul 24, 2009

23 by mercurytenshi »»
Jan 24, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Love Hina Episode 10 Discussion

scyntherei - Oct 12, 2009

14 by Koumazoku »»
Jan 9, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Love Hina Episode 11 Discussion

scyntherei - Oct 12, 2009

14 by Touch_Me-sama »»
Jan 6, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Love Hina Episode 23 Discussion

Kucai82 - Jun 15, 2009

12 by robtosca »»
Jan 2, 10:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.