Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 24, 2011 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
Leader of a pack, though my pack is spread out between three continents right now. X_X Regardless, we're all pretty close and talk almost every day.

I'm kind of a loner, but I do well with one or two people.
Jan 25, 2011 8:27 PM

Sep 2010
Yes, I'm a loner. I prefer not to associate myself with other humans outside of the realm of the interwebz. Hell, I don't even go outside anymore.
Jan 27, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
Hell no. I wouldn't be able to survive by myself.
I love people. All people. Though there are exceptions.
Whenever I feel down for some reason I have to talk to someone. Always. Some alone time helps every once in a while but after some time I have to spend time with others.
My friends are the only thing that keeps me sane.
Also, I could never live in a small town. Or a village...omg. I need lots of people around me.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 28, 2011 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
nope im a Stoner... they rhyme though :P
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jan 28, 2011 4:33 PM
Mar 2010
StonerWithABoner said:
nope im a Stoner... they rhyme though :P

I see that you also have a boner

OT: Being a loner in a largely crowded places such as school is painful for me, so I enjoy companies. I guess I am in a "pack," but I'm not intimately close with them. Although, I have a close friend outside of school.
Jan 28, 2011 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Unn I don't know if I'd call myself a loner...I just like to be alone most of the time and don't like talking much. That's why I'm mostly always on the computer chatting with friends, even though I know em in rl....maybe I'm a loner then? O.o lol.
Jan 28, 2011 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Well,I have friends.But most of them doesn't even know what anime is. >.> So I don't realy have anyone from my friends that I can share my anime interests with.One of reason I joined MAL! ^_^
Jan 28, 2011 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
rTz said:
Yes. At first because I couldn't help it, and then once I could help it, I realized that I prefer being alone.

Spoiler: sex isn't worth the drama

Story of my life right there.

I'm painfully shy on top of being a complete introvert. So even on the rare occasions I do want human interaction, I end up not being able to initiate it.

For the most part, I prefer being a loner. Other people just bring too much drama and crap with them that I have absolutely no patience for. I also have this horrible habit of pushing people away when they do try to get close to me. I only have one good irl friend and a handful of good online friends, I'm fine with that. It used to bug me more, but as I've gotten older I've become more comfortable in my introvertedness.

There are some occasions where I wish I had more people to talk to. Especially when I want to fangirl over something and the few people I do talk do don't know it / aren't interested in it.
Jan 29, 2011 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
I've always been a loner growing up. I had friends, but it was always like one or two people I'm really close with. I'm content with that though, don't like big groups. Usually that's how drama gets going from what I've seen. Also I'm not into the whole party scene like most people my age. Going out partying, getting wasted, and smoking isn't my idea of 'fun'. So I stay away from that.

By now I've gotten use to it and enjoy it. I find peace in solitude. I mean I really do enjoy my time I have alone, but it gets to me sometimes... :c It's nice to have my friends company, but not be around them them 24/7. XD Like when I'm watching an anime or come across something interesting I would like to share... nobody to share it with ya know? Well because my friends aren't into anime, so I don't really have anyone to discuss my fangirl girl moments besides with my sister, but she isn't into shoujo-ai or yuri animes that I usually watch. XD Guess that's part of my reason for joining MAL. n_n

Fuuko FTW!
Jan 30, 2011 7:35 AM

May 2010
I'm not a loner. But I don't talk about anime with my friends because they're not into it.
Feb 7, 2011 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
I have no friends. I have some acquaintances, I do things with them every couple months or something but other than that I just chill by myself. My best friends all deserted me for new friends. Great guys...
Feb 7, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2011
No, I'm just a lazy/quiet cavalier asshole. I had a fuckawesome circle of friends in HS, but I moved for school, and I haven't met anyone with the kind of qualities I'm drawn to.
Feb 7, 2011 10:52 PM
Jan 2011
Holzwege said:
No, I'm just a lazy/quiet cavalier asshole. I had a fuckawesome circle of friends in HS, but I moved for school, and I haven't met anyone with the kind of qualities I'm drawn to.

Want to be friends, you sound like my kind've asshole. :b

I prefer online socialization to in person socialization. You have to find the right type of people that fit your personality type, and I don't have the friendliest kind. Am I loner? To some people sure. But I have a handful of people online I interact with on a daily basis and we have discussions about a great many topics. That's all I really need/want.
Feb 8, 2011 9:16 AM

Feb 2011
No. I enjoy the friends I have but sometimes I like to have loner days XD
Feb 8, 2011 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
Mephablo said:
I prefer online socialization to in person socialization. You have to find the right type of people that fit your personality type, and I don't have the friendliest kind. Am I loner? To some people sure. But I have a handful of people online I interact with on a daily basis and we have discussions about a great many topics. That's all I really need/want.

...And that's okay! Too many people bash people who live online, but if it brings fulfillment then it's all good. Everyone has their own interests and what makes them happy. Hell, I enjoy coming on here more than talking to the people at my school (with the exception of one really good friend).
Feb 8, 2011 12:46 PM
Jan 2011
I couldn't care less if someone didn't approve of my online socialization or anyones. They're not me. They're also ignorant. I also suspect most people on here are in the same boat, the same could be said for almost any online community.
Feb 8, 2011 1:03 PM

Jan 2011
Chillin wit my "pack." They are all sports ppl so they think anime is stupid. yea i dnt tell them.
this is my god damn signature.
Feb 8, 2011 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
Celenas said:
rTz said:
Yes. At first because I couldn't help it, and then once I could help it, I realized that I prefer being alone.

Spoiler: sex isn't worth the drama

Story of my life right there.

I'm painfully shy on top of being a complete introvert. So even on the rare occasions I do want human interaction, I end up not being able to initiate it.

For the most part, I prefer being a loner. Other people just bring too much drama and crap with them that I have absolutely no patience for. I also have this horrible habit of pushing people away when they do try to get close to me. I only have one good irl friend and a handful of good online friends, I'm fine with that. It used to bug me more, but as I've gotten older I've become more comfortable in my introvertedness.

There are some occasions where I wish I had more people to talk to. Especially when I want to fangirl over something and the few people I do talk do don't know it / aren't interested in it.

Funny enough, it is actually easier to find a romantic partner than a regular friend, in my experience. Neither one tends to be worth it, though.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Feb 8, 2011 10:40 PM

Feb 2010
No.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the size limits.
Feb 9, 2011 2:53 AM

May 2010
I am a loner for sure. Every once in a while I kinda start to wonder is it really that I don't want to be around people or maybe I am incapable somehow, then I will go socialize a little bit and realize that all the things I really want to do involve me being alone or with people I can basically just coexist with. In high school I knew someone I got along with like that not so much anymore though. I get along with my immediate family like that pretty much but they don't share many common interests with me so there is not a lot to talk about.

Because of my loner tendencies people tend to assume I am an asshole. I tend not to say much to people unless I have a reason to and I can be very blunt. If someone actually wants to talk to me though I can actually be very nice though so people are always surprised but not many people are actually able to get to know me.

What I really wish I had is more online friends. People that I could talk to without actually having to see them or speak to them too much... Problem is you go to some specialized community and it can satisfy one of your interests but its doubtful that there are many people here that share a few of my other significant interests. And even if a person shares one interest with me, it can still be hard to talk to them when there is so much that we don't have in common.
Feb 9, 2011 4:58 AM
Jan 2011
What I really wish I had is more online friends. People that I could talk to without actually having to see them or speak to them too much... Problem is you go to some specialized community and it can satisfy one of your interests but its doubtful that there are many people here that share a few of my other significant interests. And even if a person shares one interest with me, it can still be hard to talk to them when there is so much that we don't have in common.

Try reaching out to people you might have a few things in common with. Ask for their IM info, go from there. If it doesn't work out, it's not like it really mattered that much to you to begin with right?

I did that once while playing a video game with a random guy. Even though I think he's a retard, he's fun to play games with and shoot the shit with online, and our wives even get along, so we do "online" date nights with games or hockey games that are on. Sounds really cheesy, but it's fun to us. :D
Feb 9, 2011 5:16 AM

Aug 2010
StreetSmartz said:
Chillin wit my "pack." They are all sports ppl so they think anime is stupid. yea i dnt tell them.

My friends back home are all my basketball buddies. They know I like anime and don't really care even though they don't like anime themselves. Have you ever thought about telling them? People are usually more understanding if they are friends.
Feb 9, 2011 7:17 PM
Sep 2009
Nope, I'd say that I'm kind of extroverted actually. I'm not really a quiet guy...unfortunately, at times I may say or do too much.
Feb 9, 2011 9:18 PM

Sep 2010
Caterpillar said:
I am a loner for sure. Every once in a while I kinda start to wonder is it really that I don't want to be around people or maybe I am incapable somehow, then I will go socialize a little bit and realize that all the things I really want to do involve me being alone or with people I can basically just coexist with. In high school I knew someone I got along with like that not so much anymore though. I get along with my immediate family like that pretty much but they don't share many common interests with me so there is not a lot to talk about.

Because of my loner tendencies people tend to assume I am an asshole. I tend not to say much to people unless I have a reason to and I can be very blunt. If someone actually wants to talk to me though I can actually be very nice though so people are always surprised but not many people are actually able to get to know me.

I know the feeling. I like to be alone too! I try to hide what I feel, but my problem is it is written all over my face! Grr! I have a few friends that are far away that share my interests, but people here where I stay don't get it. I am alone.. and I mean completely. I don't like to make friends here because they don't get what I mean ... so I go online to make a few friends to chat with sometimes. It's all good! Yup! By the way, I think people who are blunt and to the point are the best! They don't use people! They say what they mean when they mean it! That is an awesome trait to have!!
Always Smile. Stay Classy.
Feb 9, 2011 11:06 PM
Jan 2011
^^^
Those are my kind've people too. I hate when I get a random IM/Facebook message when someone asks me what's up. Get to the point already, don't make idle chit-chat, you don't give two shits anyways.
Feb 9, 2011 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
Yes
I don't have many friends,mostly because people judge me before they know me.
Also,I prefer to work on my own as often as possible,because On my own,I work quicker.When I am put into a group however,I don't say much.

Feb 10, 2011 12:06 AM

May 2010
Mephablo said:
Try reaching out to people you might have a few things in common with. Ask for their IM info, go from there. If it doesn't work out, it's not like it really mattered that much to you to begin with right?

I did that once while playing a video game with a random guy. Even though I think he's a retard, he's fun to play games with and shoot the shit with online, and our wives even get along, so we do "online" date nights with games or hockey games that are on. Sounds really cheesy, but it's fun to us. :D

Well I do make friends with random people at times, online and irl alike, but its always such a fleeting thing. Its so easy to fall out of touch with someone that I just find friendship to be so short lived. If thats the case I like to have my conversations somewhat passively but then some people assume that shows disinterest which makes it even more of a chore to maintain friendship. What it really comes down to, I think, is that I don't want to have to put effort into maintaining friendships.

spyro4ever said:
Yes
I don't have many friends,mostly because people judge me before they know me.
Also,I prefer to work on my own as often as possible,because On my own,I work quicker.When I am put into a group however,I don't say much.

Ha, I hate working with other people. In elementary school I remember having to do group work and people always relied on me and I hated it. As I got older whenever I had to work with other people I always stayed passive and quiet and let them take the reins so I wouldn't have to do all the work.
CaterpillarFeb 10, 2011 12:10 AM
Feb 10, 2011 3:16 AM
Dec 2009
Yeah i have a few friends in school. But outside of school, my social life is pretty much non-existent :/
Feb 10, 2011 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
peeps liek to think of me as ALPHA and yo if you dont wanna be a loner then u gotta get confidence kno what im sayin?
Feb 10, 2011 11:49 PM

May 2010
XileLord said:
peeps liek to think of me as ALPHA and yo if you dont wanna be a loner then u gotta get confidence kno what im sayin?

If someone doesn't want to be alone then yes confidence can help but being a loner is usually marked with a preference towards being more individualistic for whatever reason.

I am very confident in myself and it has often been mistaken for arrogance but more importantly then that is it not false confidence, kno what im sayin?
Feb 11, 2011 12:10 AM

Dec 2009
I'm more of a loner and i actually prefer it that way :/ Don't get me wrong, company every now and then with friends/family is nice, but nothing beats some time alone to relax, think, or do stuff without being sidetracked.

Still have to socialize though, so i get my butt out there and have some fun too :3
Feb 11, 2011 12:25 AM
Mar 2010
I'm a loner type of guy, have been most of my life. Kind of set up to be anti-social at this point, but that's why I come onto MAL. I try not being a "loner". Though most of the time I can't hold a decent enough conversation.
Feb 11, 2011 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
I'm pretty anti-social, It's not that I don't like talking to people, it's just that I don't have anything to talk about. It's usually other people that start conversations.
Feb 11, 2011 11:33 PM

Dec 2009
I usually keep to myself a lot. I will go out with my friends and do stuff and hang out, but that is if they invite me. I will not go out of my way to invite them or ask anyone if they want to go hang out. I have grown tired of people, even though I do enjoy hanging out with them every once in a while. I do really enjoy watching anime and I do watch anime quite a bit, but it is not the reason for why I do not hang out with my friends or other people. The reason is probably from watching anime but not from wanting to watch anime. Some of my friends watch anime, but very little. They mostly play video games and I try to keep the fact that I watch anime to myself.

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.”
~ Fulton Oursler
Feb 11, 2011 11:35 PM

Dec 2009
CaritasAvaritia said:
I'm pretty anti-social, It's not that I don't like talking to people, it's just that I don't have anything to talk about. It's usually other people that start conversations.

I am just like this, so I avoid conversation when it is not necessary.

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.”
~ Fulton Oursler
Feb 13, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2010
im a loner in the real world yes, i seem to have many friends online though so yes im probably listed as a loner.
Feb 14, 2011 2:16 AM
May 2010
Friends. That word used to mean something to me. Yes, I used to have friends. Friends to chat with, online and offline. Friends to hang out. Friends to share my troubles... Well, maybe not so much on that last part, what with us being so goddamn busy with our own pathetic lives.

But yeah, I had friends. However, most of the times, I spend my time alone with my computer, and like an honorary tradition since my childhood, I've been living that kind of life until now, living in my own reality that is composed of mere entertainment - movies, junk food, digital comics, videogames, and now, anime. What a life indeed.

I just simply couldn't get along with people, and it's not hard to see why. Even on the Internet, I'm like a locust, moving from one wheat field to another. Except that, instead of leeching off food, I only just try and reboot my social life with each landing, waiting for that fateful day that's eventual to come when I'd screw it up once more with some flame war and leave for another community, deceiving myself that a social life is indeed possible for me.

Not much difference applies to my real life. From Elementary School I moved on to Middle School. College was no better. Just one group of people I manage to get in tolerable terms with for a few years before I'd depart from them again and leech off another group of... yes, 'friends.' What a wonderful word.

I guess it's my temper. My ego. I never hide the fact that I don't have an ego, nor do I try to hide the ego itself. I just lay out all my flaws on the table without shame. Sure, I at least have the courtesy to be polite with people that have yet to offended me yet. But when they do, I tend to just break out Hulk-style and ruin everything that was good to me by telling that guy to fuck off.

It got better these past few years as I... 'matured,' to put it lightly. But after the bestfriend from Middle School I had assumed would last with me for eternity left me a month ago, I confirmed that fact that I'm a loner.

Oh, I had friends alright. 'Friendship,' 'loyalty,' 'trust.' All those words seemed all so important but what the hell does it mean to me in the end? Shit. That's what it means to me. Fuck it.
Feb 14, 2011 5:01 AM

Aug 2010
OminousFlare said:
I guess it's my temper. My ego. I never hide the fact that I don't have an ego, nor do I try to hide the ego itself. I just lay out all my flaws on the table without shame. Sure, I at least have the courtesy to be polite with people that have yet to offended me yet. But when they do, I tend to just break out Hulk-style and ruin everything that was good to me by telling that guy to fuck off.

Well, I personally believe that friends except flaws and any problems someone has. I have a friends who has a temper problem and can be a jerk but I know he is a good guy and I'll continue to be his friend. Also, I have plenty of my own flaws. I don't carry a conversation very well, I snap back at my friends even if they are asking a simple question, sometimes I just ignore them altogether and even tell them to fuck off like you did over nothing. Thing is, they are still my friends, because when it gets serious enough we start acting like friends and stop being jerks to each other.

OminousFlare said:
Oh, I had friends alright. 'Friendship,' 'loyalty,' 'trust.' All those words seemed all so important but what the hell does it mean to me in the end? Shit. That's what it means to me. Fuck it.

With your experiences I can see why you think this. I used to be the same but now I think what I said above. I completely stayed away from my friends in high school thinking I didn't need anyone, but now I see how much a friend can help, even if they are just someone you talk to sometimes. Oh, if you want me to fuck off then you can say that too, I just felt strongly about this so I commented.
Feb 14, 2011 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
Feb 14, 2011 6:40 AM
May 2010
prismheart said:
Oh, if you want me to fuck off then you can say that too, I just felt strongly about this so I commented.

Hah... no. I don't really just give out 'Fuck Offs' like it's Christmas Eve. Like I wrote, my problem got better (much better, in fact) over the years, and I just have the tendency to be over-emotional or paranoid at times, resulting in quite a number of misunderstandings, the latest of which happened just hours ago - on the Internet. And with the Internet, you know it is srs bnz. Yeah. Stupid, I know, but there you go.

And as you can see, I whine a lot. And due to my interest in a certain web-slinger who shares this flaw, I was once referred to as "The Friendly Neighborhood Emo." Heh. Fun times. If only I too have spider powers, huh?

prismheart said:
Thing is, they are still my friends, because when it gets serious enough we start acting like friends and stop being jerks to each other.

I used to have a friend like that. He's the 'bestfriend' from Middle School I mentioned at the end of my previous post. But we got into a really big misunderstanding just one month ago. I called him 'hypocritical.' In fact, I used to call lots of my friends a hypocrite. I tend to have an obsessive paranoia about that, about friends who'd take you for granted.

Thing is, this guy, he just... doesn't really feel like he really cared about me. Sure, he'd say fancy stuff like, "Things would get better in the future," or "Cheer up, try harder next time." A couple of these encouragements are swell, but when those are the only things you ever say, and you never really try and 'do' it, only 'say' it... Well, it naturally felt like he was being kind of (the term I used to label him is) "patronizing." Condescending was another word I threw out.

It was three years of friendship (four years if you count the period we parted back in '09 due to our busy schedules in college), and we'd thought it would last forever. Funny. It's like, he's the one single guy I only really ever get along with. He doesn't criticize me. He doesn't lecture me. And he accepted my flaws without complaining as well. Well, as long as I'm not questioning his loyalty as a friend, which I kinda did.

And to think, being criticized and lectured were actions I didn't like my college friends or my parents carrying out, but they are the determining factors that parted us. This guy (Jordan is his name) felt like this to me today because he was being 'too nice' to me, and didn't show any passion in brotherly friendship at all. It was stale, like a bread of mold left to rot under the sun for three weeks straight.

I always have problems with friends I get too close to. Bestfriends, I called them. Heh. It's... just stupid. At almost 21, I still haven't found myself a girlfriend yet, something the Internet folks find to be hilarious (except it was three years ago when I was 18). Ah well. Whiny Flare Parker.
Feb 15, 2011 6:29 PM

Jul 2009
I'm observer type personality, asocial, and introverted. So naturally, I do not readily associate with people although I'm rather indifferent to the entire matter.
Feb 15, 2011 8:56 PM

Mar 2010
Yes I am a loner. Do I want to be? Not really...but my job made me move away from all of my RL friends.

It is hard to find people in this area that are into video games / anime and are around 24ish.

Oh well...you deal with it right?
Feb 16, 2011 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Yes because humans are flawed and make me nervous.
Feb 16, 2011 5:06 PM
Feb 2011
I'm sometimes shy and quiet when meeting new people. I don't have that many RL friends who I can talk about manga/anime with. And I'm often nervous around crowds.

And that's all fine. I wouldn't say that makes me a loner.

I can still talk to people. There are people whose company I enjoy and dare I say it, enjoy my company. It feels good to go out and socialise, whether a night down the pub or just to go grab lunch with some mates. I can talk about manga and stuff online if I can't find people for that IRL. Because there's plenty of other interesting stuff to talk about.
Feb 16, 2011 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
Cecilkinz said:
Yes because humans are flawed and make me nervous.

Haha, they are flawed and they make me nervous, so I agree with you a hundred percent.
Feb 16, 2011 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
newp
Feb 17, 2011 1:24 PM

May 2010
I'm in both categories, I have a close group of friends, but I'm alone sometimes.
Feb 17, 2011 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
In a way, yes. I have 3 friends here and 1 friend at school, but we don't talk much or hang out, so...
Feb 17, 2011 10:38 PM

Jan 2010
I am, but by choice. Used to have many friends, but eventually, I began to feel like a nuisance and alienated myself from the majority of my friends, for the better of everyone. I actually consider myself to be a bit of a one-man wolf-pack ;D
Feb 18, 2011 1:16 PM

Feb 2009
I thought i wasn't but in the past year i've come to the realisation im a huge loner, and i kinda prefer being a loner. Like for example i want to go to school and just go to my lessons and not talk to anyone tbh, this of course occured because i never had any friends this past year. So yes i am a loner, and i like it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Rank the above 3 users

tsukareru - Apr 23

17 by MitsukiHimeka »»
10 seconds ago

» Person above established a secret society. What's one of the rules?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 23

43 by MitsukiHimeka »»
59 seconds ago

» What would the avatar above do to you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IpreferEcchi - Oct 2, 2017

560 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» How much do you care about the user above you?

lucasmrNd - Jun 18, 2021

24 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

96 by MitsukiHimeka »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.