Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 16, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:
But then it's still based mostly on subjective opinions.
Also, I can understand saying a F/0 like OST not fitting, but not saying the composer herself is unfit. I mean, not all her tracks are fatalistic like that. Madoka's OST for example had a better variety than F/0.

Madoka's both the ost and the narrative is fatalistic as fuck(considering its basically Faust the Anime mixed with Heavenly Comedy) up until the moment of the redemption

I said not all.
And I didn't say anything about the narrative.
May 16, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:
Botato said:
But then it's still based mostly on subjective opinions.
Also, I can understand saying a F/0 like OST not fitting, but not saying the composer herself is unfit. I mean, not all her tracks are fatalistic like that. Madoka's OST for example had a better variety than F/0.

Madoka's both the ost and the narrative is fatalistic as fuck(considering its basically Faust the Anime mixed with Heavenly Comedy) up until the moment of the redemption

I said not all.
And I didn't say anything about the narrative.

as I said before, yes, stuff like this certainly would fit Kotomine's monologues or anything "shocking". Otherwise the Madoka OST was pretty much similar to Zero(the only themes to sound really different from Zero stuff were Sayaka's because it was brilliantly placed and the one that plays in Madoka's dream in the first episode). Even the arguably "most action-y" theme in there has that "oh shit we are all going to die" motif in it.

I love Madoka OST to bits and still regularly listen to it, but is depressing and negative as fuck.

This is possibly my favorite thing to come out of Madoka's soundtrack, and surprise, surprise it takes the Kajiura Yuki's motif I mentioned before(from first dream) and adds vocals(and lyrics that perfectly capture Homura's, as the story's true hero's, heroism and self-sacrifice for the person she cared for the most) to it and arranges it in less depressing fashion. I would so not be against the ending song being something like this.

excusemewhileIgoandtrytobleachtheresurfacingmemoriesofthirdmadokamovie
AhenshihaelMay 16, 2014 9:44 AM
May 16, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah ok....
As I said before
ssjokg said:

And please, it is more personal preference than "atmosphere" and thematics.

Pretty sure that whether they use "The battle is to the Strong" or "Light and Darkness" or "Absolute Configuration" in HF's last last fight, the only ones that would care are VN readers.
May 16, 2014 9:52 AM

Sep 2013
Saying Kajiura is the only one who could do FSN justice is a bit exaggerated.

I liked her contributions to ufotable's TYPE-MOON adaptations well enough. Only thing I didn't really like about FZ's OST is the fact that I sorely missed an EMIYA remix when Kiritsugu fought Kirei, but that's just me, since I even heard a remix in the sound drama.

I'm fine with Kajiura, but there are other good componists out there. So no, I don't want Kajiura so bad, but she's welcome to it. Seeing some remakes from the VN would be cool, though. That's why I enjoyed Prisma Illya's OST so much.
May 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
as I said before, yes, stuff like this certainly would fit Kotomine's monologues or anything "shocking". Otherwise the Madoka OST was pretty much similar to Zero(the only themes to sound really different from Zero stuff were Sayaka's because it was brilliantly placed and the one that plays in Madoka's dream in the first episode). Even the arguably "most action-y" theme in there has that "oh shit we are all going to die" motif in it.

I love Madoka OST to bits and still regularly listen to it, but is depressing and negative as fuck.

This is possibly my favorite thing to come out of Madoka's soundtrack, and surprise, surprise it takes the Kajiura Yuki's motif I mentioned before(from first dream) and adds vocals(and lyrics that perfectly capture Homura's, as the story's true hero's, heroism and self-sacrifice for the person she cared for the most) to it and arranges it in less depressing fashion. I would so not be against the ending song being something like this.

excusemewhileIgoandtrytobleachtheresurfacingmemoriesofthirdmadokamovie

What I was trying to say is Kajiura can make fitting music. Just because her usual style doesn't fit doesn't automatically make her possible remixes not fitting, before she even makes them. It's possible that she ends up doing so anyway, but they've been hyping this project and teasing fans about it since last year, I don't think they would dare screw up the sound track after all this.

I like it too and listen to tracks from it every day -like right now. And while there are tracks that are certainly very depressing, there are others that are not.

Well, based on this it seems you agree that she can make music that fits. Except that you're not expecting her to, which is understandable given her history (the one I know anyway). I, on the other hand, am a bit more optimistic :p

Can we NOT talk about Rebellion?

ssjokg said:
Yeah ok....
As I said before
ssjokg said:
Pretty sure that whether they use "The battle is to the Strong" or "Light and Darkness" or "Absolute Configuration" in HF's last last fight, the only ones that would care are VN readers.

Ok reading this made me compare Battle is to the Strong and Absolute Configuration, and now I'm stuck on which is my favorite >:(
I guess our discussion seems pointless to you huh :p
May 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
I think it is a discussion that is based very much on preferences.Unlike discussing the story of a series, this, yeah, it does seem pointless to me.
May 16, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
Botato said:

What I was trying to say is Kajiura can make fitting music. Just because her usual style doesn't fit doesn't automatically make her possible remixes not fitting, before she even makes them. It's possible that she ends up doing so anyway, but they've been hyping this project and teasing fans about it since last year, I don't think they would dare screw up the sound track after all this.

I like it too and listen to tracks from it every day -like right now. And while there are tracks that are certainly very depressing, there are others that are not.

Well, based on this it seems you agree that she can make music that fits. Except that you're not expecting her to, which is understandable given her history (the one I know anyway). I, on the other hand, am a bit more optimistic :p

Can we NOT talk about Rebellion?

Yes and no.

Kajiura Yuki USED to make "fitting" lighter more "epic" less fatalistic music and even back then it was something I would expect to hear in a medieval piece. Hell, she actually composed some stuff that was NOT depressing, who knew? Some of it even sounds happy(still medieval)?

The thing is then Kajiura Yuki wrote Song of Storm and Fire and its suddenly "fuck I can make bank with this" and everything afterward is same vein as that, with most of stuff in F/0 and Madoka OST pretty much being thematic remixes of her other stuff.

However I still don't see how anything Kajiura wrote would ever fit since 99% of her works is either violin-ish "doom and gloom" or choruses.

If she remembers that she has composed other songs beyond those involving choruses and doom, she can create SOMETHING, but its still not what I would consider a fit since 99% of her songs can only be associated with either medieval fantasy or exotic locations and travels.

Rebellion never existed. Rebellion never existed. Rebellion never existed.
May 17, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
The thing is then Kajiura Yuki wrote Song of Storm and Fire and its suddenly "fuck I can make bank with this" and everything afterward is same vein as that, with most of stuff in F/0 and Madoka OST pretty much being thematic remixes of her other stuff.

I guess that's the main issue, as I expected. And like I said, it's perfectly understandable.
Also that was great, thanks for sharing.
Fai said:
However I still don't see how anything Kajiura wrote would ever fit since 99% of her works is either violin-ish "doom and gloom" or choruses.

If she remembers that she has composed other songs beyond those involving choruses and doom, she can create SOMETHING, but its still not what I would consider a fit since 99% of her songs can only be associated with either medieval fantasy or exotic locations and travels.

And here is the second problem, this whole thing is pretty much:
ssjokg said:
And please, it is more personal preference than "atmosphere" and thematics.

But now I have a better understanding as to why you're opposed to her music in certain scenes.

We can only wait and see what happens, hoping for the best.
May 27, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely Kajiura-sama and Kalafina girls. Their music makes everything look epic!!!
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
May 30, 2014 12:36 AM

May 2010
I just want Jyukai who did the original FSN ED to come back and do another song. Anata ga ita mori is still my favorite anime song of all of time.

EDIT: And can we bring back Kenji Kawai as well?
BericMay 30, 2014 12:41 AM
May 30, 2014 3:56 AM

Jul 2007
Beric said:

howaboutno.gif
May 30, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2014
I want Yuki Kajiura to compose every OST ever!

May 30, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Beric said:

howaboutno.gif

Lol
I was just waiting for this response.
NOTHIG related to DEEN's version should be in this remake, except the VAs maybe :p
Jun 1, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
As long as Sachi Tanaka will sing the OP or ED then i'm fine with Yuki Kajura. DEEN's FSN was shit but the OP was good
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Jun 1, 2014 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
spiwar said:
As long as Sachi Tanaka will sing the OP or ED then i'm fine with Yuki Kajura. DEEN's FSN was shit but the OP was good

Of course it was good, it's based on the VN's OP. :p
Jun 1, 2014 7:34 AM

Feb 2014
C-Core said:
spiwar said:

Of course it was good, it's based on the VN's OP. :p

Not to mention, that the VN's was much better.
Jun 2, 2014 3:53 AM

Jul 2007
I pray its NOT a remix of original VN's op again. That would be seriously non-creative
Jun 2, 2014 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
YES YES YES!
Jun 14, 2014 8:48 AM

Jun 2014
As long as the OP will be as good as the PSV Realta Nua ones then I'd be ok with any OST arrangement IMO.
Jul 7, 2014 9:39 PM

Feb 2013
If she can do bootleg Ufotable projects like Aldnoah.Zero I can't see why they couldn't get her on F/SN.

As for actually wanting her to compose it, only feels natural since this adaption is the F/Z follow up.
Jul 7, 2014 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
KaramuKreemy said:
If she can do bootleg Ufotable projects like Aldnoah.Zero I can't see why they couldn't get her on F/SN.

As for actually wanting her to compose it, only feels natural since this adaption is the F/Z follow up.

Bootleg Ufotable projects xD That one actually made me laugh a little.
Jul 8, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2013
Kreemy said:

Kajiura only did the theme songs for Aldnoah.Zero.

Aldnoah.Zero has nothing to do with Ufotable. It is by A-1 Pictures and TROYCA.
Jul 8, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
I personally would like an OP by Kalafina :|

The RN OPs from earthmind are p. good as well
But they don't match the themes of F/SN.
Jul 8, 2014 8:02 AM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Botato said:
But they don't match the themes of F/SN.
Do you mean like the way it sounds or the meaning?

Maybe they can work something out :|
I mean, to the beginning is basically just describing Kiritsugu, so they might be able to do the same for Shirou? Lol I don't really know what I'm talking about
Me neither but that's what a certain likable TM fan we all know might have responded to you.
Jul 8, 2014 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Forgetfulness said:
Do you mean like the way it sounds or the meaning?

Maybe they can work something out :|
I mean, to the beginning is basically just describing Kiritsugu, so they might be able to do the same for Shirou? Lol I don't really know what I'm talking about
Me neither but that's what a certain likable TM fan we all know might have responded to you.

There is a problem if he or anyone else think that a professional composer cant create music based on the series "themes".
Jul 8, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
There is a problem if he or anyone else think that a professional composer cant create music based on the series "themes".
Well from the last time we talked it's basically that Kajiura can but will not.
Jul 9, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
Well from the last time we talked it's basically that Kajiura can but will not.

^this

"Why create something new If I can re-arrange same song and make MILLIONS?!"
Jul 9, 2014 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
YEah I forgot that KnK, FZ and SAO had the same tone.[spoiler]Sarcasm
Jul 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
YEah I forgot that KnK, FZ and SAO had the same tone.[spoiler]Sarcasm

KNK adn FZ had exactly same tone in kajiura yuki's copypasta

IN SAO she simply did not even try.
Jul 9, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
YEah I forgot that KnK, FZ and SAO had the same tone.

Fai said:
BloodRequiem said:
Inb4 "Battle is to the Strong" is recycled and used in every action scene.

Nope.

It will be Mighty Wind, but with all the badass guitars and synths replaced by overdrawn gothic chorus on repeat.

no but seriously every type moon work has certain style of ost for action
- Tsukihime is full of haunted melodies because of horror-theme topics it deals with
- Fate/Zero is overly-fatalistic because the conclusion is pre-set from the start.
- Fate/Extra is full of techno-beats and artificial sound because its fucking dystopian cyberpunk future, with a bit of Persona-ish funk thrown in
- KnK is mystical, with Budhism motifs, with sense of wonder through twisted reality, rebuilding your self etc.
- Mahoyo is full of grand and "noble" sounding badassery because it focuses on one of the nasuverse's powerhouses, as well as the whole true magic thing, so bassically its what you would expect to play when a giant "fuck-you" is said to all laws of reality. Its the stuff you would get if you took your imaginary theme that would play during Zelretch battle with Type Moon and took it down a few notches
- Kaleid Liner has more somber tone with homages to all of other nasuverse stuff and tendency to go into over-the-top badass music.
- Fate is in itself all about reconstruction after destruction and choosing your path towards the future, so its full of badass guitars and synths and overall badass even more badass guitar and electronic stuff that carries over the tone of doing the best with what you have and surpassing your fears.

Fate/Zero type of kalafina work would outright not fit FSN thematics in the opening.

Thank you for replying EXACTLY like I thought you would.
Thank you for proving that you are bullshiting.

Is SAO's tone different?Yes.If the ost itself is good or not doesnt matter.
Jul 9, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

Fai said:

Nope.

It will be Mighty Wind, but with all the badass guitars and synths replaced by overdrawn gothic chorus on repeat.

no but seriously every type moon work has certain style of ost for action
- Tsukihime is full of haunted melodies because of horror-theme topics it deals with
- Fate/Zero is overly-fatalistic because the conclusion is pre-set from the start.
- Fate/Extra is full of techno-beats and artificial sound because its fucking dystopian cyberpunk future, with a bit of Persona-ish funk thrown in
- KnK is mystical, with Budhism motifs, with sense of wonder through twisted reality, rebuilding your self etc.
- Mahoyo is full of grand and "noble" sounding badassery because it focuses on one of the nasuverse's powerhouses, as well as the whole true magic thing, so bassically its what you would expect to play when a giant "fuck-you" is said to all laws of reality. Its the stuff you would get if you took your imaginary theme that would play during Zelretch battle with Type Moon and took it down a few notches
- Kaleid Liner has more somber tone with homages to all of other nasuverse stuff and tendency to go into over-the-top badass music.
- Fate is in itself all about reconstruction after destruction and choosing your path towards the future, so its full of badass guitars and synths and overall badass even more badass guitar and electronic stuff that carries over the tone of doing the best with what you have and surpassing your fears.

Fate/Zero type of kalafina work would outright not fit FSN thematics in the opening.

Theme motifs =/= musical arrangement.

Thank you for proving that you are fucking clueless in musical theory.
Jul 9, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
Thank you for trying to cover your contradiction.

Because style/motif/tone isnt affected by the arrangement.
Jul 10, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Thank you for trying to cover your contradiction.

Because style/motif/tone isnt affected by the arrangement.

concession accepted, please continue to be butthurt over me dissing your beloved kajiura yuki.
Jul 10, 2014 9:55 AM

Aug 2009
Almost an entire day and the best you can come up with is this?

The only one that is butthurt in TM threads in MAL is you Fai.

Please continue to think that tones just happen to be there regardless of the musical arrangement.
Jul 10, 2014 10:33 AM
Sep 2012
I wouldn't mind Kajiura doing the OST for this if she brought some of that magic she worked on Cossette de Shouzou for this.
Jul 18, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Theme motifs =/= musical arrangement.

Thank you for proving that you are fucking clueless in musical theory.

The italics part alone, nullified the validity of the above argument.
Jul 18, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
damastah said:

The italics part alone, nullified the validity of the above argument.

Again, I didnt know you could achieve different results by doing the same thing over and over again.
Jul 18, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2010
Reading through the VN with the new patch, hope they just use RN's OST.

So gewd.
Jul 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
Reading through the VN with the new patch, hope they just use RN's OST.

So gewd.
Holy potatoes that was so gud :3
Will read through RN soon.
Jul 18, 2014 4:57 PM

Oct 2007
I don't know why this is even a discussion. I will be absolutely stunned if it's not Kaijura given that for sheer max hyping purposes alone her name ought to be part of the package. Aniplex would never miss a chance to add to the hype of one of their upcoming blockbusters so I'd consider it set in stone. The only way it's not possibly her is if somehow some way she's busy with another project.

Frankly I think the only reason she hasn't been announced yet is to concentrate the hype leading up to the shows premiere and so there can be some feigning of surprise/relief what have you on the part of the community that will be engaging in the hyping. I expect to see the announcement sometime just before the last month before the first episode airs similar to how Sawano was handled with Kill la Kill. If this debuts in October expect the announcement sometime in Early September/Late August.

Regarding the bitchfit discussion earlier in the thread between Fai and ssjokg I can't help but notice that Fai argued his points about Kaijura using examples while ssjokg just sort of got angry and started flaming anybody that disagree with him as I've noticed his is prone to do and not just with me. All of this points to this show probably having some truly awful episode threads once it airs with /a probably coming in to troll an easy target and all the defensive Type/Moon fans playing right along and being at everybody's throats for not exactly parroting their opinions on Fate/Stay Nights perceived qualities. I expect pretty much every thread too have 1000+ posts of unreadable garbage.
PeacingOutJul 18, 2014 5:11 PM
Jul 18, 2014 5:15 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Regarding the bitchfit discussion earlier in the thread between Fai and ssjokg I can't help but notice that Fai argued his points about Kaijura using examples while ssjokg just sort of got angry and started flaming anybody that disagree with him as I've noticed his is prone to do and not just with me. All of this points to this show probably having some truly awful episode threads once it airs with /a probably coming in to troll an easy target and all the defensive Type/Moon fans playing right along and being at everybody's throats for not exactly parroting their opinions on Fate/Stay Nights perceived qualities. I expect pretty much every thread too have 1000+ posts of unreadable garbage.
I am trying to disregard what I've seen from your interaction with ssjokg on the forums and take this as an unbiased post, but it just isn't working.
Jul 18, 2014 5:32 PM

Oct 2007
Botato said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I am trying to disregard what I've seen from your interaction with ssjokg on the forums and take this as an unbiased post, but it just isn't working.

It's definitely not unbiased since it's borne out of experience so I don't see much reason in worrying about that sort of thing. Just be worried about whether it strikes you as at all true or not. It's not like I'm going to get offended if you disagree with it or anything :p
Jul 18, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't know why this is even a discussion. I will be absolutely stunned if it's not Kaijura given that for sheer max hyping purposes alone her name ought to be part of the package. Aniplex would never miss a chance to add to the hype of one of their upcoming blockbusters so I'd consider it set in stone. The only way it's not possibly her is if somehow some way she's busy with another project.

Frankly I think the only reason she hasn't been announced yet is to concentrate the hype leading up to the shows premiere and so there can be some feigning of surprise/relief what have you on the part of the community that will be engaging in the hyping. I expect to see the announcement sometime just before the last month before the first episode airs similar to how Sawano was handled with Kill la Kill. If this debuts in October expect the announcement sometime in Early September/Late August.

When you mean points, you mean making a complete 180 and turning the differences he mentioned into "copy pasta".

You guys must be on the same wavelength.
Jul 18, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Botato said:

It's definitely not unbiased since it's borne out of experience so I don't see much reason in worrying about that sort of thing. Just be worried about whether it strikes you as at all true or not. It's not like I'm going to get offended if you disagree with it or anything :p
There's also bias against Kajiura/Aniplex, but then again I openly admit to being a huge Kajiura fanboy so..

As for what you said about Fate/ threads I don't think they will be as bad as you're saying they will be. We've had a lot of arguments on this subforum so far but most of them were discussions regarding the VN between fans and for the most part they were great.
Jul 18, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2007
Botato said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

There's also bias against Kajiura/Aniplex, but then again I openly admit to being a huge Kajiura fanboy so..

As for what you said about Fate/ threads I don't think they will be as bad as you're saying they will be. We've had a lot of arguments on this subforum so far but most of them were discussions regarding the VN between fans and for the most part they were great.

I've personally just never been all that impressed by the artist. I don't think she's a bad composer though, I'm sure she'll be fine here and it won't be unfitting like some are arguing, but based on her track record I severely doubt I'll remember any of the soundtrack all that much let alone be blown away by it. Not much she's done has every really stuck with me and is kind of hard to quantify as it's just music that is sort of there and kind of intangible. I guess it really just depends on what you value in terms of musical composition but honestly if it weren't for the internet being so fixated on her as The Best Composer (TM) I doubt I'd even be aware she exists and is supposed to be important.
Jul 22, 2014 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
i just hope they keep disillusion as opening
that song is just excellent
Jul 24, 2014 6:27 AM
Jul 2014
Kaijura is great but Kawai is better, i'm still disappointed with no emiya ver in the anime of zero.

Anyway i think Kaijura will do the ost in the new anime, yes. Continuity reasons.
Jul 24, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
Tsuguni said:
Kaijura is great but Kawai is better, i'm still disappointed with no emiya ver in the anime of zero.

Anyway i think Kaijura will do the ost in the new anime, yes. Continuity reasons.
Besides Kawai's work in F/sn, I haven't heard anything by him. And at least that work is pretty bland. The best songs are the ones from the VN and even their anime versions aren't as good as the original ones.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.