Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who is your favorite character from Ai no Kusabi?
Mar 21, 2009 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Iason is the most interesting in my opinion for the following reasons...

1) he wears white gloves to do very dirty things
2) he torments and humiliates those around him, often simply because he's bored
3) he spends the whole series erecting a brilliantly formed trap for Riki, then falls into it himself
4) he's a hot robot
5) he gets his legs chopped off and acts like nothing happened (that's just cool!)

loknkeyMar 21, 2009 4:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 21, 2009 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
Khm, yes, I think you might know a;ready ^^

Katze!!!

and why? Well, first off, make no mistake, because he's so bloody hot!!! I'm not too much of a "looks" person, but damn :/ and he's one of the very few characters that looks so hot with a cigare :)
Other than that, I find all the mixtures in his character to be very interesting, I mean he is an ex furniture who is probably the best haker around, very cold and aloof but at the same time completely devoted. And in my mind there is just nothing sexier than a cold character sheding a tear for the loved one especially if they are both male :)
I think that last scene in the anime when he cries got me more than the whole Riki/Iason thing, and that's saying A LOT!

On the other hand I'm still in the process of reading the novel so who knows what else I might find out :)
Mar 21, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm yes, I was wondering about that part in the anime. Did Katze really love Iason? I never quite understood Katze, but that's what I liked about him. He's so mysterious! The 5th and 6th novels need to hurry up and come out in English so I can find out what he was thinking. Got any theories?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2009 4:14 PM

Mar 2008
I was also always wondering exactly who it was he loved! Right now I just finished the second novel, starting the third so I never got to see his relation to Iason, and in the anime it is really hard to say. But for some reason, I always leaned a bit more to the idea that he loved Riki, though maybe not as a lover, but just, you know, really loved him.
But I am talking about the period that the novel is set in, if we consider his past, I am quite sure he had a thing for Iason but after all the crazy stuff Iason must have put him through, I really have no idea how how he must feel now!

No seriously! I need to read all the parts and SOON! or maybe we get some clues from the new anime even sooner :):)
Mar 22, 2009 8:40 PM

Jul 2008
I think you might be right. He seemed to really admire Riki in the novels. One part in the anime made me think that maybe he loved Iason. When Riki returned from Dana Burn with the injured Guy, Katze scolded Riki for leaving Iason behind. He sounded really upset at Riki, but that may just have been out of loyalty to his master. Either way, it seems a stretch to describe his feelings as love. If it was love, he hid it very well. Which is why his breakdown at the end is so fascinating. I really don't have any clue as to why it affected him so much. I guess we'll find out in the novels. The next one comes out in just a couple days!
Mar 25, 2009 1:22 PM
Jan 2009
I completely agree with loknkey on why Iasom is my favorite character, either that or Riki, or Raoul. Raoul is pretty cool, even though he's not a "main" character in the story, well, at least not the most important one.

loknkey said:
Iason is the most interesting in my opinion for the following reasons...

1) he wears white gloves to do very dirty things
2) he torments and humiliates those around him, often simply because he's bored
3) he spends the whole series erecting a brilliantly formed trap for Riki, then falls into it himself
4) he's a hot robot
5) he gets his legs chopped off and acts like nothing happened (that's just cool!)

Oct 19, 2009 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
Hm my fav is Riki i love how he reacts at the end and goes back too die with his Love and Master + i love his voice actor

but iason isnt bad either
Mar 9, 2010 6:59 AM

Mar 2010
Iason Mink....simply because he loved Riki to the point of dying, even though he had wrong ways of showing his affections...but i'm guessing, this is because he didn't know any other ways.
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» YAAAA! Ank 2009 pics.

loknkey - Mar 23, 2009

9 by shizuma_yin13147 »»
Jan 8, 2011 4:38 AM

Poll: » Your hopes and dreams for the new remake!

loknkey - Sep 17, 2009

3 by Ferret0nCrack »»
Mar 20, 2010 3:36 PM

» Doujinshi/fanart gallery

loknkey - Mar 13, 2009

9 by loknkey »»
Dec 25, 2009 1:34 PM

» Ai no Kusabi AMVs

Cydonian - Sep 22, 2009

1 by loknkey »»
Nov 10, 2009 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.