Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2014 3:10 PM
Jun 2012
So I'm out of animes to watch again and a quick scan of the forums came up with little to nothing.

As the Title says, I want a happy ending, doesn't need to be the super happy rainbow ending, but I want the couple to succed and be happy. No harem or triangle also ( I am ok with it if the MC that is the target of the harem/triangle just has his goal set, like in clannad, kotoura-san, Sakurasou no pet na kanojo and more, but not one where I will have to guess whom he/she is gonna end up with).

Also i would prefer if it doesn't just end with the classic "kiss, we are a couple now" but I know it's hard to find ones like that so it's not required, just a plus (tho i'm getting mighty tired of romance anime's where the romance doesn't even gets an end, even if I understand that it's mostly because the manga isn't finished yet). Other than that it can be whatever, romance/comedy, romance/action etc etc and amount of episodes/seasons is not an issue ( tho I guess over 200 might be a bit much hehe)

On a side note tho, the only anime I found that might fit is white album and white album 2. I read somewhere that 1 wasn't that good but that 2 was alot better, 1 also looks more like harem/triangle tho 2 could possibly be a triangle also from what I found. If someone could tell me if any/both of them would fit me or not I would appreciate it.

Also posting my watched list here, I think I am missing some on my profile's list.
Jan 8, 2014 3:47 PM

Dec 2013
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_%28TV%29
OVA finishes the series to make a happier ending

having an updated anime list makes life easier for everyone
Jan 8, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2014
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Arakawa under the bridge
Kimi ni todoke
Kobato
Skip Beat
Jan 8, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
Steins;Gate
Jan 8, 2014 4:20 PM
Nov 2013
Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai (movie)

+ Kimi ni Todoke

+ Kobato

Kotonoha no Niwa (movie) - not sure if it's the happy ending that you're looking for, but I kinda felt happy watching...
Jan 8, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate

I second this. Ending is amazing. Watch the movie as well.
Jan 8, 2014 7:21 PM
Dec 2013
haydo123 said:
+1
私はあなたを愛して。 29915250
It takes one step backward, and two steps forward. *Avi
Jan 9, 2014 7:45 AM
Jun 2012
haydo123 said:

I got halfway through it but the psycho part's in it is a bit too much for me, I might revisit it later tho, I have gotten it recommended to me before.

Toppys said:
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Arakawa under the bridge
Kimi ni todoke
Kobato
Skip Beat

Tonari is the same thing (didn't like the guy). Ano natsu i watched 1 or 2 episodes but it didn't catch me. Arakawa looks kinda interesting. Kimi ni todoke I have already watched, it was a good one, the second season was a bit stale at some points but a good one still.

Kobato and skip beat are both anime's I have been thinking of seeing but for some reason I have been holding off. I think it was that I read somewhere that their endings weren't that conclusive, but I might very well be wrong. They certainly look interesting.

GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate

I will watch it at some point. I have watched 1 or 2 episodes of it, t's just a bit, complex, I guess ^^

Guimend said:
Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai (movie)

+ Kimi ni Todoke

+ Kobato

Kotonoha no Niwa (movie) - not sure if it's the happy ending that you're looking for, but I kinda felt happy watching...

Not super fond of movies but I might watch them at some point.
Jan 9, 2014 10:10 AM
Jun 2012
Started watching White album 2 yesterday since it was the only thing I had found, I can say after watching half of it and understanding generally how it was going to end (and reading up on it just in case) that it is not for me. Tho if anyone are looking for a romance anime with drama then I would recommend it. What I saw of it wasn't bad and I liked the characters and the setting.
Jan 9, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
Watch rumbling hearts! Best romantic anime ever. You will cry with enjoyment xd
Life is what happens when you're busy chasing dreams that never become a reality.
Jan 9, 2014 1:53 PM
Jun 2012
WhySoCerealMum said:
Watch rumbling hearts! Best romantic anime ever. You will cry with enjoyment xd

Unless my memory fails me that anime is pretty heavy on the love triangle part which I am not really interested in most of the time, I don't know though if it got a happy ending or not.
Jan 9, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
Glass mask
Hakouoki Hekketsuroku
Hiiro no Kakera
Hotarubi no Mori e (movie)
Hamisama Hajimemashita~ manga is soo much better!
Kobato.
Nanatsuiro Drops
I draw stuffzzz 》》Deviantart《《

Jan 9, 2014 4:32 PM
Jun 2012
lalatylerful said:
Glass mask
Hakouoki Hekketsuroku
Hiiro no Kakera
Hotarubi no Mori e (movie)
Hamisama Hajimemashita~ manga is soo much better!
Kobato.
Nanatsuiro Drops

Glass mask's art is a bit too old for me. Hakouoki and hiiro both look kinda interesting, for hotarubi I am not that fond of movies. Hamisama ( I guess you mean kamisama http://myanimelist.net/anime/14713/Kamisama_Hajimemashita) is one I have been thinking of watchin but i heard that the anime isn't that good/covers alot as you pointed out.

Nanatsuiro looks a bit silly but I have seen several anime that have looked silly but turned out to be good so I'll give it a shot.
Jan 9, 2014 4:51 PM

Aug 2011
Just gonna mention Nodame Cantabile - for me it's kind of slow in the romance department, but it does progress nicely into the two last seasons. It's just that they don't make a big deal out of the "official relationship" thing, it comes naturally - definitely not "kiss -> couple -> the end".

The focus is mostly on classical music, though, so considering the episode count it's best if you can enjoy that aspect :)
Jan 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Amagi ss no love triangles and with happy endings with each different girl as the story is in short arcs

having an updated anime list makes life easier for everyone
Jan 9, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2013
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate

This. You seem to have it as a plan to watch. I suggest you watch it! I held off on it and I regret that choice after I finished the series. You won't be disappointed
Jan 9, 2014 6:30 PM
Jun 2012
SilveryLantern said:
Just gonna mention Nodame Cantabile - for me it's kind of slow in the romance department, but it does progress nicely into the two last seasons. It's just that they don't make a big deal out of the "official relationship" thing, it comes naturally - definitely not "kiss -> couple -> the end".

The focus is mostly on classical music, though, so considering the episode count it's best if you can enjoy that aspect :)

Yeah, I have been recommended it a couple of times before, it's the artstyle which put's me off, but maybe one day.

haydo123 said:
Amagi ss no love triangles and with happy endings with each different girl as the story is in short arcs

Already seen it. It was nice and very unique, what it lost in character depth it made up with good character concepts and that it skipped all filler material. I really liked it.

rsgonz said:
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate

This. You seem to have it as a plan to watch. I suggest you watch it! I held off on it and I regret that choice after I finished the series. You won't be disappointed

Yeah I will watch it.

F3AR_THE_M3TA said:
Im not sure this counts as a romance anime but gurren lagann has some romance in it and its a happy ending (for the characters atleast)

I have been thinking of watching it but based on what I have been reading and what research I did, none of the relationships for the main characters end happily. I might be wrong tho I guess.
Jan 9, 2014 6:34 PM
Nov 2012
I just finished White Album 2 last night. One of the best romances ive seen. Its very believable mature, loved it. Ano Natsu is good too
Jan 9, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2009
No offense, but why did u say White Album 1 fit your criteria?
The MC is a heartless nymphomanic douche, he sleeps with evryone, that's what makes WA1 sucks hard...

as for my recs,
how about Emma the victorian romance
it has 2 seasons, u might find the 1 season as sad ending, but if u proceed to the 2nd right away, u'll get your happy ending.
Jan 10, 2014 11:43 AM
Jun 2012
newgard said:
No offense, but why did u say White Album 1 fit your criteria?
The MC is a heartless nymphomanic douche, he sleeps with evryone, that's what makes WA1 sucks hard...

as for my recs,
how about Emma the victorian romance
it has 2 seasons, u might find the 1 season as sad ending, but if u proceed to the 2nd right away, u'll get your happy ending.

Well I said that it might fit my criteria ( I haven't watched it) and i was asking if someone who have seen it could tell me if it fit my preferences, and judging from what you said it doesn't.

Emma looks interesting, I am not super fond of the artstyle, but victorian era is pretty interesting
Jan 10, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2007
Sword Art Online.
Full Moon wo sagashite (but the manga fits better)
Jan 10, 2014 7:17 PM
Jun 2012
E_chan said:
Sword Art Online.
Full Moon wo sagashite (but the manga fits better)

already watched sao and really liked it (loved the first half, second half was good but not as good). Full moon looks like it could be interesting, tho the premise is that she will die in a year ( I'll just have to trust you that it got a happy ending ^^).
Jan 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
Btw, when i said dont watch White Album, i only said avoid the first of the series, White Album 2 is good and totally different story from the first one....

another anime that worth mentioned maybe
KimiKiss Pure Rouge (it follows 2 couples, it's like making 2 romance anime into 1, The first couple can be considered triangle love though, but the other isnt)
Jan 12, 2014 7:52 AM
Jun 2012
F3AR_THE_M3TA said:
technacly no for the main prtagonist it may not be a happy ending to you but to the character they were at peace with it and it wasnt like he beats himself up over it every morning

Yeah, well I might watch it at some point since i from time to time like watching mecha stuff, but not atm.

newgard said:
Btw, when i said dont watch White Album, i only said avoid the first of the series, White Album 2 is good and totally different story from the first one....

another anime that worth mentioned maybe
KimiKiss Pure Rouge (it follows 2 couples, it's like making 2 romance anime into 1, The first couple can be considered triangle love though, but the other isnt)

I have watched half of white album 2 and it isn't something for me (it's a very heavy triangle and if my research that I did is correct t hen the ending is bittersweet at best). Which is kinda sad because it was pretty interesting and I liked parts of it.

I have been thinking of kimikiss before but it seemed like a very heavy triangle to me, how do you mena when you sa it could be "considered" a trinagle? I am ok with triangle like in kotoura-san where the main guy/girl has his goals (or whatever you wanna call it) set for one specific person, same for harems like clannad. So is it like that or more is it more like something like white album 2 which is heavily based on the triangle aspect.
Jan 12, 2014 6:32 PM
Jun 2012
So going by the recommendations i finished watching skip beat! yesterday. I liked but the ending was kind of a let down, not cause it's sad or unhappy, but because it basically just ends in the middle of everything.

I have decided to watch kobato next since it was recommended so many times ( 3 I think). I have watched I think 5 episodes as of yet. It has the potential to be really interesting and good but could start to drag out and get uninteresting. I am hoping for the first alternative ^^
Jan 12, 2014 7:22 PM
Jan 2014
rsgonz said:
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate

I totally agree with this. I stopped watching after episode 8 for about 3 months and I totally regretted it when I came back to watch it.
Life is basically like a soap bubble.
It rides on the wind, flying here and there,
…And before you realize it, pop! It’s gone.
When it’s about to disappear, you think
that you could’ve flown a bit higher.
But by the time, it’s already too late.
Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
Jan 12, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of Inu x Boku SS. It meets all 3 criteria.
Jan 13, 2014 12:48 AM

May 2010
I am surprised no one has recommended NANA. Best romance anime of all time in my opinion.
lalmvpkobeJan 13, 2014 12:58 AM
Jan 13, 2014 1:29 PM
Jun 2012
BurntJelly said:
When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of Inu x Boku SS. It meets all 3 criteria.

I have watched it, but I think it is missing from my list.

lalmvpkobe said:
I am surprised no one has recommended NANA. Best romance anime of all time in my opinion.

Hmm, looks kinda interesting. I'll keep it in mind.
Jan 13, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Gamewolf said:

KimiKiss followed 2 male MC love story, the first male story is about trying to conquer a girl heart that never fall in love before, so it totally has nothing to do with triangle love.
The other male MC though, i could say about triangle love, but if i say any further, it will spoil the story quite a lot, so click it if you really dont mind reading the spoiler

Hope you understand what i'm saying, cause i'm a bit lacking when it comes to writing in english, but quite good at reading it
Jan 13, 2014 3:51 PM
Jun 2012
newgard said:
Gamewolf said:

KimiKiss followed 2 male MC love story, the first male story is about trying to conquer a girl heart that never fall in love before, so it totally has nothing to do with triangle love.
The other male MC though, i could say about triangle love, but if i say any further, it will spoil the story quite a lot, so click it if you really dont mind reading the spoiler

Hope you understand what i'm saying, cause i'm a bit lacking when it comes to writing in english, but quite good at reading it

Fair enough, I might watch it. But thanks for explaining it :) always nice when people follow up on their recommendations.
Jan 14, 2014 1:48 PM
Jun 2012
KillJoyMafia said:
Oda Nobuna no Yabou

This one looks really interesting, could be a bit too haremy but one of the reviews said the opposite. Might watch it after I am done with kobato.
Jan 20, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
Let's see... Beyond the Boundary doesn't have a love triangle. Kaichou Wa Maid Sama doesn't... Those are the only two I can think of that I've watched.
Jul 17, 2014 4:10 PM
Jul 2014
ok my friend i just register just to reply to this post.. i like also those type of anime so here you go:

Peach girl
kanon (2006)
Jul 17, 2014 4:18 PM
May 2014
ittosm said:
ok my friend i just register just to reply to this post.. i like also those type of anime so here you go:

Peach girl
kanon (2006)

you just registered to answer a 6 months old thread, what a genius
Jul 17, 2014 5:04 PM

Jun 2014
Mysterious girlfriend x
Ano natsu de matteru

More topics from this board

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - Today

12 by FruitPunchBaka »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - May 5

7 by ST63LTH »»
4 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - 6 hours ago

3 by ST63LTH »»
4 hours ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
10 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - Today

2 by ST63LTH »»
Today, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.