Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2013 2:16 AM
Jun 2009
So is this canon?

Doesn't seem like it, but just making sure.
Dec 9, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2012
It is canon seeing as it is a continuation 1 year after the events of Steins;Gate.
Apr 12, 2020 10:20 PM

Aug 2017
It wasn't in Elite game so I don't consider it canonical.
Oct 9, 2020 12:12 PM
Sep 2018
It’s not canon since it breaks the time travel logic of the original and the story couldn’t possibly exist
Oct 17, 2020 4:13 AM
Jan 2017
Liamsonic101 said:
It’s not canon since it breaks the time travel logic of the original and the story couldn’t possibly exist
it's been so long since i watched the movie, i don't remember what happened in details, can you please elaborate your idea about breaking the time travel logic of the original?
Oct 18, 2020 7:14 AM
Jan 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
hamza121419 said:
it's been so long since i watched the movie, i don't remember what happened in details, can you please elaborate your idea about breaking the time travel logic of the original?

Though I wasn't the one who was asked, but I can answer too.

It breaks the fundamental rule that there are no parallel worldlines in Steins;Gate, only 1 worldline is active at any given time.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/304184264310652928/441002968431591426/unknown.png

THe movie features parallel worldlines, where the Steins Gate worldline and the so called R worldline are existing in parallel.
you know what, i don't remember the parrale world lines theory in the movie, i think i'll just go rewatch the whole thing from steins gate till the movie, cause i really can't make an opinion or argue with you guys when i've forgotten so many things especially in the movie. All i remember is that okabe's existence was instable in the steins gate world line, he was shifting world lines and couldn't know where he truly belongs. I don't think this is sufficient to tell if they talk about parallel world lines or only one active line.

Anyways thanks for your comment, i really appreciate your help. Have a nice day.
Oct 31, 2020 3:03 PM

Oct 2020
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed the film seemed to forget/confuse quite a few things from the show.

I’ve only watched the dub of the movie so maybe the sub doesn’t have these errors but it was weird that Ruka told Kurisu that the radio building had been rebuilt when Suzuha never crashed the time machine into it on that world line.

It also seemed a bit out of character for Kurisu to forget Ruka’s name at the airport yet she took the time to buy her a gift.

The stuff with the gang getting back together at the start of the movie was fun, but it kinda fell apart after Okabe vanished.
Nov 1, 2020 8:53 AM

May 2016
Hououin_Kyouma- said:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed the film seemed to forget/confuse quite a few things from the show.

I’ve only watched the dub of the movie so maybe the sub doesn’t have these errors but it was weird that Ruka told Kurisu that the radio building had been rebuilt when Suzuha never crashed the time machine into it on that world line.

It also seemed a bit out of character for Kurisu to forget Ruka’s name at the airport yet she took the time to buy her a gift.

The stuff with the gang getting back together at the start of the movie was fun, but it kinda fell apart after Okabe vanished.

The Radio Building of Akihabara was renovated in real life too in 2011, the anime just implemented this into the story. This isn't an error.
-
Nov 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Oct 2020
SheevPalpatine said:
Hououin_Kyouma- said:

The Radio Building of Akihabara was renovated in real life too in 2011, the anime just implemented this into the story. This isn't an error.

Oh that’s interesting, thanks I didn’t know that. Seems a bit of a confusing thing to reference though, especially as Ruka says rebuilt rather than renovated and the building didn’t really look any different to how it did in the series! 😅
Nov 1, 2020 10:22 AM

May 2016
Hououin_Kyouma- said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Oh that’s interesting, thanks I didn’t know that. Seems a bit of a confusing thing to reference though, especially as Ruka says rebuilt rather than renovated and the building didn’t really look any different to how it did in the series! 😅

Maybe the dub is confusing and the translation isn't exactly the same as what she originally said.
-
Sep 21, 2023 6:03 AM
Jul 2017
As I'm sure every SciADV player knows by now, yes the Steins;Gate movie is undeniably canon.

The movie doesn't contradict the rules of the series at any point. Play Chaos;Head NoAH and listen to A Posteriori Existence and it should be pretty clear why. Don't take the words of characters in-story as fact. They might not necessarily know what's going on.
Sep 21, 2023 6:40 AM

May 2016
Reply to Sharingan123412
As I'm sure every SciADV player knows by now, yes the Steins;Gate movie is undeniably canon.

The movie doesn't contradict the rules of the series at any point. Play Chaos;Head NoAH and listen to A Posteriori Existence and it should be pretty clear why. Don't take the words of characters in-story as fact. They might not necessarily know what's going on.
@Sharingan123412

Lmao, the old times when I (and most of us) didn't consider it canon :D

Even if Noah and Posteriori doesn't make it full clear, Anonymous;Code undeniably made it canon
-
Apr 20, 9:28 AM
Jul 2017
This stuff is extremely obvious to anybody who's gone through all of SciADV, but I made a video essay explaining why the movie is "canon" for those of you who still don't know. First half has Steins;Gate sub-series spoilers. Second half has pan-SciADV spoilers.

Apr 20, 12:56 PM

May 2016
Reply to Sharingan123412
This stuff is extremely obvious to anybody who's gone through all of SciADV, but I made a video essay explaining why the movie is "canon" for those of you who still don't know. First half has Steins;Gate sub-series spoilers. Second half has pan-SciADV spoilers.

@Sharingan123412 Maybe this would worth a separate thread, great video!
-

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

11 by Spheromancer »»
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

430 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 20, 2:45 AM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.