Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2013 5:32 AM
Feb 2013
I'm kind of new to this so I'm not really sure if this is the right place to create this forum, so please go easy on me! If I should make a new thread somewhere else then please let me know.

So, I'm working on a school project where were supposed to write Game design documents like a company wrote that game. And I got Studio Ghibli, so I'm gonna write a game like Studio ghibli made it and I need some help!! So if any of you could answer some questions that would be wonderful!!

• What do you like about Studio Ghibli the most? What’s most important to you?
• Have you played Ni no Kuni? What did you like about it?
• How was the gameplay? Story? What could be better?
• Anything special you would like to see in a Studio Ghibli story?
• Also, any ideas for a story?

If any of you could help then please do so!!

Also if you know somewhere else where I could ask about this then let me know!
Sep 17, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
Hi there! I love Studio Ghibli films but I don't know if i can help you with the game since I didn't played it. Sorry.

Anyway, I watched almost all Studio Ghibli's films. :)

Would you like concepts of games that would probably suit each movie though?
Please leave a coment me in my profile.
Sep 17, 2013 6:27 AM
Feb 2013
Hello I think you would be able to help! If you want to please feel free to tell me what kind of game you would like to see from Studio Ghibli.
What kind of story? What kind of gameplay? Like... What type of game?

All those kinds of stuff!! Thank you!!
Sep 17, 2013 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
Well, I hope you will watch Studio Ghibli films if you have time and so that you could understand what I would be talking about.

I'm going to give you some ideas which probably you could develop or anything that might help you..

(Format: Name of Studio Ghibli film - the game description/additional ideas)
1. My Neighbor Totoro
- like temple run I guess? Ami (the little girl) would chase after the blue totoro after it was seen.. . Ofcourse a lot of obstacles.
2. Secret World of Arriety
- Arriety, since she's a borrower, she'll get the items needed but she'll have to remain unnoticed so that she wouldn't get caught.
- worked with arrow keys
3. Spirited Away
- like the story, you have to work your way out of it, Chihiro a.k.a Sin would work at a bath house serving different kinds of guests/spirits
- this is like Diner Dash, you know this game right?

Hey, I hope this helps but I have a lot in mind if you want more.

Well, so far, this would be all.
Enjoy! :)

*you could see that I replied to what you have commented in my profile page. I'm just having a hard time going to lot of forums so leaving a comment in my profile is much easier and my replies, you could see it on your own profile page. :)
Sep 17, 2013 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
Female lead, environmental theme and some spirits and you're good to go. Action/Adventure/RPG in a setting like nausicaa or mononokehime, I'd love it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 17, 2013 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
A quick historical note on Studio Ghibli: There has only ever been one video game based on a Ghibli film. It was a top down shooter revolving around Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It basically went against all of the pacifistic messages of the movie, which convinced Miyazaki that no other video games should be based off any of his future films.

That said, a game based off a Ghibli property would be the Holy Grail for any game publisher. The developers would have to convince Miyazaki that they would do his work justice. The man is quick to feel betrayed and slow to forgive. If you want to know more about that, just read about the sword he sent to Disney Studios.

Elements that appear in a lot of Miyazaki's films include:
* A resolution that often is based on mutual understanding rather than action or violence.
* More often than not, an environmental moral, where balance is more important than our own petty squabbles.
* Most important of all, the wonder of flight. Miyazaki has always been fascinated with flight, to the point that his earliest Ghibli films all involve it in some way. I can only think of two of his movies where a character did not fly at some point. Heck, Studio Ghibli itself is named after an aircraft.

Being the Japanese equivalent of Disney, I would imagine a video game with a Ghibli theme would be more targeted to younger demographics or families. It would be something that encourages cooperation, where everybody would work together for a common goal. Combat would be minimal, if there is any at all. It might have educational elements but these would not be the primary focus. Finally, I would bet that the theme of flight would be worked into it in some way, just because Hayao Miyazaki pretty much is Studio Ghibli.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 26, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Apr 26, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Apr 26, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Apr 26, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.