Forum Settings
Forums

Question for the "Manga Artists" out there

New
Sep 16, 2013 11:50 AM
Jun 2013
Saw many people that come up with a random summary/synopsis for an Anime or Manga and ask for feedback.
Would Manga Artists out there be serious enough to actually attempt to design/create the art for a well thought out story or not?
Sep 18, 2013 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
I'm a game artist and not a manga artist, but that's how the creative process starts out. We all pitch ideas and draw up concepts until we find something that clicks.

For those who aren't currently part of a team but want to start a project, that's how they form teams. By pitching their ideas at the proper venues, and try to find people interested in helping. For instance, the Indie City Games group in Chicago hold meetings for teams to show their progress and get feedback, but the floor is also open to writers, programmers, anybody who has an idea and is looking for help. I'm just not sure how viable this site is to find groups to start a serious project.
Sep 18, 2013 11:55 AM
Jun 2013
Yep, that's why I'm asking this in the first place, I do have some ideas, though this looks like a fail to me since finding a manga artist is next to impossibru. Especially like this.
Sep 18, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
I'm sure there are sites dedicated specifically to bringing writers and artists together to create. If you'd prefer a more face to face type startup, then there are a plethora of groups that get together at events local to you through Meetup, or other such sites. You should be able to find people to help, now finding the right artist, that's the harder part. That seems more of a stroke of luck than anything else.
Sep 19, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
did you tried showing your writing skills in some websites like fanfiction or similar?

you may find some people wanting to put your stories in "manga format" if they like it

but don't really expect to find someone who will widely accept the offer without knowing himself if you're good enough to work with him or not (I am not saying you may be not good but you're showing nothing to motivate either)
NemuriNezumiSep 19, 2013 9:13 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 21, 2013 8:42 AM
Jun 2013
Aight thanks for the advice. But the thing is that I'm only gonna start putting my ideas on paper and getting serious about making a manga plot if someone is actually willing to draw it out (you don't need incredibly awesome drawing skills) because I'm not particularly a writer I just have some pretty good ideas for a manga that many people would like. But as I said I'm not a writer so I can't really put my ideas into a story type thing unless I have some good motivation.
Sep 21, 2013 11:14 PM

Apr 2013
That's fine. You don't have to write a complete story in order to pitch your idea to prospective artists. You just have to convey why your project is interesting. You could just hit some story beats, or do a loose outline, hell it could just be an awesome scene. You only really need to worry about going more in depth with it after you get people asking for it.

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.