Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2007 11:47 PM

May 2007
I heard that Seed is quite good, but i need to stay away from Destiny... Ive seen seed, i quite liked it...

Is Seed Destiny all that bad? (im gonna watch compilation movies so there won't be the main character change)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 22, 2007 2:50 PM
Feb 2007
Seed Destiny is the worst Gundam series created if you ignore SD Gundam Force. Destiny tries to copy Zeta with a new main char, but the forces Jesus Yamato down your throat.
Oct 23, 2007 6:29 AM

Oct 2007
Can not say that it is so bad as it is always mentioned to be.
In direct comparison to Gundam SEED or Zeta Gundam is Destiny disappointing and not an worth Sequel to SEED.
The new Mainchar, Shinn Asuka is an idiot but you can get over it^^, really worse is the case that Kira Yamato is Godlike and kills everything with one shot.
The battles at the beginning were good but as the series continues you'll get overfilled with re-used scenes out of Gundam SEED. That makes battles really boring sometimes.
Also Destiny destroys some of the tragic scenes out of Seed^^

So I was disappointed about Destiny, but I can not say that i have wasted my time. Watch it yourself und decide if you watch it or not ;)

Oct 23, 2007 12:27 PM

May 2007
KamiTe said:
Watch it yourself und decide if you watch it or not ;)

eeh... lol...

you know what, ill watch some of those eps after i completed (or dropped :) ) After War X

Edit: still haven't watched it... re-watching Zeta first and then gonna watch this to spot the differences
MasamasaApr 13, 2008 12:03 AM

Oct 23, 2007 5:46 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, Yes and yes watch at your own risk of gouging out your eyes. I was a proud member of the Shin haters club and if you watch it you'll know exactley what i mean. Destiny destorys everything :/ when it was airing most of us who were watching was waiting for the story to kick in but it never did, a pointless war, a stupid chairman that seemed like he was from a different world. The whole thing made no sense, Destiny is a good example of what Gundam shouldnt be too much fan service ie kira, gundams, lacus +++ with a storyline that cumbled after the first 3 episodes.

But anybody who is a fan of gundam must take up the destiny trial to learn from it lol.

Oct 27, 2007 3:19 PM
Jun 2007
Destiny I think could have been beter if it had the same director as SEED. The original director wouldn't have made Kira the same way, and could have possibly used Shinn adn Kira as the main characters beter, it seems like the new director tried to make a great sequal but then got absorbed in trying to do more than he could (or should). I am still in the process of watching Destiny, i feel as if its 2 different shows, the begining and the whatever's happening now... I like Destiny, but it is a terrible sequel to SEED.
Oct 29, 2007 9:13 AM
Feb 2007
Destiny I think could have been beter if it had the same director as SEED. The original director wouldn't have made Kira the same way

Fukada directed both.
Oct 29, 2007 10:31 AM

May 2007
skygtr said:
Destiny I think could have been beter if it had the same director as SEED. The original director wouldn't have made Kira the same way

Fukada directed both.

owned :)

{are you the skygtr from a4?}

Oct 31, 2007 11:56 AM
Jun 2007
i got owned, and i lost some respect for the series now that i have that new information. thanks haha
Feb 11, 2008 6:35 AM

Sep 2007
Actually, I suppose it says a lot about Destiny that the drop in quality was so significant that it looked like there'd been a change of director.
Mar 2, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
I am no critic and having loved seed, I also enjoyed Destiny, Mostly for the (Epic scenes that send goosbumps down you back) But I agree Destiny was like a -1 from what the origional Gundam seed was, its like they had no inspiration to make a intresting plot, so they threw in a random guy and used him for half the series all to come to the SAME EXACT CONCLUSION AS THE LAST WAR T_T_T__T but nuf said "Life goes on"
Mar 2, 2008 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
Destiny wasn't -1 from SEED, it was like take SEED's score out of 10 and half it. Characters that stay static for the entire series, characters that regress (Cagalli >.>), characters that don't die due to popularity, plot holes the size of Europe and a general potrayal that Kira and Lacus can do wrong makes Destiny pretty much the worst thing to contain the name "Gundam."

Honestly Destiny up to episode 34 wasn't too bad (most of the time), but after Kira and Athrun come back from the dead and get new overkill mechs, it just becomes so stupid it baffles me that someone could even get paid to write that garbage.
Mar 3, 2008 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
dont take -1 litteraly, its a play on words, like when something says something is 1up, it means its ALOT better. and like i said, i am no critic, it was better than tilli tubbies, it is better than american cartoons, and american anime wanabe cartoons, so i watched it.
Mar 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
Strayfe said:
dont take -1 litteraly, its a play on words, like when something says something is 1up, it means its ALOT better.

k

and like i said, i am no critic, it was better than tilli tubbies, it is better than american cartoons, and american anime wanabe cartoons, so i watched it.

honestly, Destiny ended up feeling like a marvel/dc superhero show (with Kira being the superhero). And that's the problem, when a Gundam show takes that route, you know something is wrong.
Mar 4, 2008 2:15 AM

Feb 2008
Destiny isn't as bad as everyone says (it's not good mind you) it's basically just a remake and i liked the gundams in Destiny. but i personally didn't like seed it annoyed me.
Mar 8, 2008 8:23 AM

Dec 2007
Depends on what aspect you're talking about.

It's great. For laughs.
May 22, 2008 5:30 PM
Aug 2007
Astaroth said:
Honestly Destiny up to episode 34 wasn't too bad (most of the time), but after Kira and Athrun come back from the dead and get new overkill mechs, it just becomes so stupid it baffles me that someone could even get paid to write that garbage.

This is the exact point at which I stopped watching since I was waiting on dual audio releases of the remaining episodes, and I have to say that Destiny seemed Good in the beginning, and up to this point a fairly decent sequel. Of course this outlook didn't last, since the moment that I finally continued watching the whole series fell apart, heavily redundant animation sequences, redefinement of lead characters, and in general a utter plummet in regards to the quality of writing and plot development. I have to say that in the end I felt it was better then it was given credit for in the long run, yet it still indeed ranks in at least a full 2-3 points below its predecessor SEED. So in my opinion SEED was worthy at least of a 8/10, so by the statement above Destiny is at its worst a 5 or 6 out of 10.
May 26, 2008 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
It is horrible though the story was quite accepteble.but it was a great mistake making a second season of seed. this is because they use the same charaters and in destiny they tried with the split of kira and athrun to make a good/wrong situation. but i never had the feeling it pulled me in the story wich the other gundam series could. the serie had some other things they shouln´t have been done *cough la flaga cough*. i think it was not that bad that you have to cover your eyes but it maybe better to put it in your plan to watch list and wait until you have nothing to do and watch some eps then.
Jun 5, 2008 9:56 PM
May 2008
dude what is it with people hating destiny so much. so yeah the plot might be heavily similarto the original according to people but does that mean the characters are the same too? i seriously want to tell destiny haters to shut up cuz personally it makes me freakin pissed off
Jun 7, 2008 1:16 AM

Mar 2008
Yes, it was just that bad. Plot that makes no sense, Shinn "Annoying" Asuka, and Kira "Jesus" Yamato going into overkill mode for no goddamn reason plus Fukada randomly putting ex deus machinas in almost every episode made Seed Destiny even worse than Seed. And believe me I hated SEED with a passion, I Despise Destiny! And besides that Kira Yamato needs to be knocked down alot of notches by the SRW Holy Trinity: Amuro Ray, Ryoma, and Kouji Kabuto he's too goddamn cocky and whiny as a pilot. Heck even Shinji Ikari told Kira off because he was just that bad.
Jul 24, 2008 2:43 AM
Mar 2008
Well it wasn't great. But I don't think it was the worst either.
Jul 24, 2008 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
Is G Gundam the worst?
Jul 31, 2008 10:45 AM

Dec 2007
Nah, G Gundam was great in my opinion, but it was a different style of Gundam where pilots are in suits that their Gundams react with and where there is a competition between the Gundams to find the ruling country.

Anyways, as for Seed Destiny...
I thought it was pretty cool until Fukada's wife started making a lot of the characters very lame due to arguments with the voice actors (the arguments led to the voice actor's character being crappy, lame, and unhappy; i.e. Cagalli and Shinn). I mean... what the f*ck happened to Cagalli and Athrun's relationship?

~The first principle of success is desire - knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed.

Jul 31, 2008 11:36 AM
Feb 2008
tranceotaku said:
Is G Gundam the worst?

Oh, dear no. G Gundam has a very different feel to it; much like the Super Robot types of shows that Gundam originally strove to be different than. That's why a lot of people seem to hate it; it's different than a socio-political drama about war with giant robots. I'm an old school Gundam fan who very much likes Gundam because of the gritty socio-political drama and even I enjoyed G Gundam.

Gundam SEED DESTINY, however, I wasn't able to take very seriously since episode 2. And I dropped it with episode 3. I thought SEED was alight; it started incredibly weak, but I started back after the first season flashbacks and finished it. It finished much stronger than it started. When DESTINY started, I was a little nervous, but that's because I'd been dealing with two years of SEEDlings on the Internet and at conventions but I started watching it anyway. Episode 1 wasn't so bad; I wanted to see episode 2. In fact, the grenade scene before the opening theme was enough for me. Like I said, I bailed after episode 3.

I kept tabs on what other people were saying about it. For a moment, I almost went back and watched it again. And then I heard about all of the shenanigans that were pulled in the mid-thirties and flashbacks up to the end. I'm glad I bailed when I did.
Excuse me, I have to evict some delinquents from my yard.
Akihabara Renditions: Anime of the Bubble Economy | MyAnimList
Aug 20, 2008 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
bolth seed and seed destany wher bad and hear are the resuns
first seed
1 for the fist 30 Eps of seed they praticly recyold the story of the origanol gundam
2 when seed acholy got origanol it was to lat and they had to rush the rest of the serres
3 kira was one of the whineist gundam charicters ever I meen yea amaro was a lil bitch in the begining but he got over it farly quicly but kira he whas crying abowt having to pilot for over haff the serres

now for seed destany
1all the chariter develapmentathern whent thew in the fist serres got wipe and he reverted to what he was in the beging of the serres
2 kira had no develapent at all this serres is was praticly a robot
3 after brake the world the serres story whent to shit
4 the ending was the worst kira has no relation to derandol but he gets out of the strick freedom just to kill him persanoly
Aug 4, 2009 8:26 PM
Jul 2009
Destiny was bad from the early episodes. They made SEED chara look bad like Cagalli becomes whiny and Kira is to godlike in later eps. I can tolerate Kira using SF but MF needs to make Kira get some scrathes on the SF.
Aug 6, 2009 1:44 AM
Jan 2009
I don't think so...
but it worse than the early season-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed...

Strike freedom is really cool...
ICYJ-infiniteAug 6, 2009 1:52 AM
Aug 13, 2009 12:47 AM

Aug 2009
Rolex said:
Destiny wasn't -1 from SEED, it was like take SEED's score out of 10 and half it. Characters that stay static for the entire series, characters that regress (Cagalli >.>), characters that don't die due to popularity, plot holes the size of Europe and a general potrayal that Kira and Lacus can do wrong makes Destiny pretty much the worst thing to contain the name "Gundam."

I didn't mind Destiny for the first 15 or so episodes it seems promising (That is for C.E.), but I would agree with Rolex. Cagalli not only gets screwed over relationship wise but her character as a whole just goes down hill. I guess quiet a lot of characters do in Destiny.

I don't care to beat a dead horse more than it has already been. The series as a whole was okay. It honestly never really felt like Shinn was the main character. They just focused on his character for the first part of Destiny.

Also Athrun's character seems to suffer the exact same problem he did in SEED and doesn't seem to know what to do. Also since SEED and Destiny were also big drama's too I didn't care for some of the pairings.

example:

If you decide to watch Destiny, go into it with no expectations. Also I would strongly recommend watching Final Plus. As the last episode feels very rushed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Gundam ( 1 2 )

edythemighty - Sep 18, 2007

50 by Thecoolguy001 »»
Dec 21, 2020 11:05 PM

» Favorite Gundam Pilot

PandaPuff - Aug 4, 2008

13 by Thecoolguy001 »»
Dec 21, 2020 11:02 PM

» Favourite G.U.N.D.A.M. (like the mecha)

Kurazie - Mar 4, 2008

32 by Thecoolguy001 »»
Dec 21, 2020 10:57 PM

» Possible way CE could have been fixed

Rolex - Jan 28, 2008

6 by Miguel_Aiman »»
Aug 13, 2009 12:57 AM

» Newtype Haven - A Gundam-Based RP

NewtypeHaven - Aug 4, 2009

0 by NewtypeHaven »»
Aug 4, 2009 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.