Forum Settings
Forums

Tutorial: Generating scripted-signatures (Version 2)

New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2009 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
been wondering. theres a rotation angle already in alot of the scripted sigs, but have anyone done rotation across z-plane yet? aka, make it more 3d looking from perspective.
Jan 22, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
shiteiru said:
well then......i did the update / wasn't really much to do, so it didn't take me long to make it.
All new options you have right now are explained in detail in the file 'settings.php'.

Got some questions? Ask.......

For some reason even if I turn it on it's not working and still shows X out of Y episodes instead of the custom text. Even tried it on the test sig included and it didn't work. :/

Though editing of the sig.php with the code you posted last page works.

Also, do you want a PM with the links? I'm quiet alright showing the three I did. At least it'll put the other two to good use. xD;
NyaChanJan 22, 2009 2:38 PM
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Jan 23, 2009 7:54 AM

Aug 2008
I have a question for you shiteiru.
My current sig shows anime updates on the top and manga updates on the bottom. I know you specify anime or manga in the imagefttext, but is there any way to show the two most recent updates regardless of whether it's anime or manga?
Jan 23, 2009 8:09 AM

Dec 2007
Maybe you should set $to_parse in settings.php to number 4. Since it parses both anime and manga updates.
Jan 23, 2009 8:13 AM
Jul 2008
Queeg said:
My current sig shows anime updates on the top and manga updates on the bottom. I know you specify anime or manga in the imagefttext, but is there any way to show the two most recent updates regardless of whether it's anime or manga?

i want to know this too..

Fara7 said:
Maybe you should set $to_parse in settings.php to number 4. Since it parses both anime and manga updates.

i've done that and when you update newly watched anime it only takes 1st row of the update, and the manga update stays as the 2nd, regardless of the fact you have more anime updates, and that you didn't update the manga, for example for one week.
so I think that's not the right way to go.
Jan 23, 2009 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
That doesn't solve anything Fara7 since the anime and manga entries are still separated in the arrays.

I'm pretty sure that the current script doesn't support this, yet :)
What you would need to do is to do some comparisons of the update times for each of the first 2 entries in manga and anime. It's definately possible but requires some additional coding, mostly in the core part.
Jan 23, 2009 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
Oh well xD I was wrong then. I haven't tried out this tutorial yet, just gone through the code.
Jan 23, 2009 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
Fara7: Well, I only commented after looking at the code for a little bit :)

Alright, if you make this modification to sig.php
$tmpstring = str_replace($end,"",$ncnt);
$dateseconds[$type][$d] = strtotime($tmpstring);
$dates[$type][$d] = strftime("$time_format",strtotime($tmpstring));
then you'll get a handy array called $dateseconds with the time code in seconds which can be easily used for comparisons.
Then 'all' you have to do is code the comparison in the image_output.php so that the correct entries get used.
Jan 24, 2009 2:54 AM

Apr 2008

That's currently not supported...actually to include something like that never came to my mind *scratches his head* erm well, might be in one of the next updates.

If your somewho familiar with coding/scripting and or php try what kuroshiroi pointed out in the post above. Should probably work.

NOTICE: since the code is absolutely free to use for everyone out there (unless you intend to make millions and millions of dollars out if it) everyones free to edit it and upload there own versions. So if you have some good contributions and would like to share them with everyone else don't hesitate and post your code.
Luck is the last dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident, sweat on the other hand is for those who know it's a choice, so decide now because destiny waits for no man.
Jan 24, 2009 10:36 AM
Jul 2008
ermm dont mind me asking a question.. but when you upload the image you wanted and set it up correctly.. how does the text appear the location you wanted it to be at?

ah nvm.. i found the answer inside image_output.php.. imma start working on it xD
ColorfusionJan 24, 2009 10:40 AM
Jan 24, 2009 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
awesome script ! I've used it and it works wonderfully :D
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 24, 2009 12:09 PM

Nov 2006
AkariChan said:
awesome script ! I've used it and it works wonderfully :D
hell yes, biribiri.
Jan 24, 2009 12:12 PM

Jul 2008
Quick question, does createimagefrompng work with animated png files?
Jan 24, 2009 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
AkariChan said:

nope, to make it animated, its very complicated.
btw, nice looking sig. i like the color. and misaka fan, lol.
Jan 24, 2009 12:23 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

aww ;_; if only it does, heh. I guess i can slice and dice part of it and animate it by parts :P
Jan 24, 2009 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

What you could do is make a bunch of images (frames for the GIF) using GD and merge them using a class like this:
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3163.html
Jan 24, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
sniW said:
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

What you could do is make a bunch of images (frames for the GIF) using GD and merge them using a class like this:
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3163.html

found a better option; animated png :)
---->
Jan 24, 2009 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
AkariChan said:

---->

Ah, cool. I guess that as long as you're not animating anything dynamic (like the text), then your solution works :D
Jan 24, 2009 1:29 PM

Sep 2008
AkariChan said:

---->

forgot about animation without the text. could only think of the one regarding animation on the actual text at the time.

also, its the return of the % bars. i think it looks odd having the newest update on the bottom, but w.e

also, you should try to get the animation flow better than to suddenly start over. but thats just a preference.
Jan 24, 2009 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

---->

forgot about animation without the text. could only think of the one regarding animation on the actual text at the time.

also, its the return of the % bars. i think it looks odd having the newest update on the bottom, but w.e

also, you should try to get the animation flow better than to suddenly start over. but thats just a preference.

actually i messed up my update, so my newest watched is actually on the top.

as for the animation, it's just a try and test... i'll do some other type of animation later.
Jan 24, 2009 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
AkariChan said:
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

---->

as for the animation, it's just a try and test... i'll do some other type of animation later.

i would change my sig to something animated too, but i changed my sigs for the past 3 days, 3 sigs. so changing it again seems a bit too much. so im leaving this sig as it is for now. maybe make some kind of animation from it if i could. doubt it though.
also, i like the color blue, you could tell from my animelist. and i like your shade of blue. lol
Jan 24, 2009 1:44 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

---->

i would change my sig to something animated too, but i changed my sigs for the past 3 days, 3 sigs. so changing it again seems a bit too much. so im leaving this sig as it is for now. maybe make some kind of animation from it if i could. doubt it though.
also, i like the color blue, you could tell from my animelist. and i like your shade of blue. lol

and the bars are mistaken (it was another test script heh)
Yeah i was trying out different color layouts, and it seems like this shade of blue looks quite good =)

I had 6 sigs in 2 days, LOL. so it isn't too crazy :P
Jan 24, 2009 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
AkariChan said:

Yeah i was trying out different color layouts, and it seems like this shade of blue looks quite good =)

regardless, this version still looks nice.
when you mean 6 sigs, do you mean all different design/picture/layout or all are similar but testing things. lol.
Jan 24, 2009 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
AkariChan said:

regardless, this version still looks nice.
when you mean 6 sigs, do you mean all different design/picture/layout or all are similar but testing things. lol.

here they are :P
Jan 26, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2008
After play a little with this tuto, this is muy outcome:

How is it? Is my first script signature~!
Nishitomi_NegiJan 26, 2009 3:43 PM
Jan 26, 2009 1:45 PM

Nov 2006
the height limit for our forum is 140 px. looks nice though.
Jan 26, 2009 1:51 PM
Nov 2008
taiyougumi, good joob! I really like :)
Whats the name of anime title font?
Jan 26, 2009 1:57 PM

Oct 2008
It´s called Amerika Sans.
thnks for the coments :3
Nishitomi_NegiJan 26, 2009 2:18 PM
Jan 27, 2009 5:21 PM
Jan 2009
Hi everybody .... sorry im very noob ^^ .... so i have a dought T T

+ At the beggining, i uploaded signV2 and a file with the sign...after i set the chmods ...so i try to view the site 'yoursite.com/signature/sig.php', but apper : "the hostname could not be parsed" ... what can be wrong ?

+ i have to open the image_output that is not uploaded .. so after modifing i upload it again , right !?

thz so much ...i trying to do this a long time ago =) .. and ... there are any tutorial with video ??? cuz, u know, i very very very NOOB !!! ^^

thz for the help !!
Jan 28, 2009 6:25 AM

Mar 2008
I just made my first php sig using your script, very nice tutorial and easy code to use. Thank you !

I still need to put a bit more work into it but for now it's fine.
Jan 28, 2009 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
Well I got caught with some bad luck when doing the process. Is there a free site anyone can recommend kind of like 000webhost? I read about the 2 or 4 hour down time check and it happen last night so I thought when I wake up it would be done, but my site was gone and it told me to read the terms of service. I guess they dislike just file hosting.
Jan 28, 2009 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
X-zero said:
Well I got caught with some bad luck when doing the process. Is there a free site anyone can recommend kind of like 000webhost? I read about the 2 or 4 hour down time check and it happen last night so I thought when I wake up it would be done, but my site was gone and it told me to read the terms of service. I guess they dislike just file hosting.
Hmm, they may be starting to dislike MAL sigs hogging all of their servers :)
On the other hand, did you upload a new index.html?
Jan 28, 2009 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
X-zero said:
Hmm, they may be starting to dislike MAL sigs hogging all of their servers :)
On the other hand, did you upload a new index.html?

No I didn't. Does a blank or incomplete homepage make them leave you alone?
Jan 28, 2009 9:52 AM

Feb 2008
I don't think a blank one will do but an incomplete one should.
Jan 28, 2009 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
I don't think a blank one will do but an incomplete one should.

Oh ok thanks, I will make another attempt with them and build a small homepage this time with it.
Jan 30, 2009 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
A'ight. I wanted to make an iDOLM@STER version for use over at Project iM@S... and I ended up thinking "Hey I want a random image backround... er how do I do that?" After looking it up, I got even more confused and have no freaking clue what to do. Dx;

Here's the sig with one of the 10 backrounds...

Do not tell me it is too tall. I'm not using it here, it follows the other forum's sig size rules.

Can anyone help me? Dx;

edit: lol this should go into signiture help, shouldn't it? lol I fail. xD
NyaChanJan 30, 2009 3:24 PM
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Jan 31, 2009 1:31 AM

Dec 2007
Randomizing the background image was discussed in the last tutorial, here it is :) Thanks to Kuroshiroi.
Jan 31, 2009 8:35 AM
Jul 2008
ehh one question here.. when you change the x and y co-ordinates for the text.. the the text that is suppose to be shown starts from that point or center or the whole text at the point? o.o
Jan 31, 2009 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
KuroYuki said:
ehh one question here.. when you change the x and y co-ordinates for the text.. the the text that is suppose to be shown starts from that point or center or the whole text at the point? o.o

The bottom left of the text starts at the point.
Feb 1, 2009 1:58 AM
Jul 2008
ahh i see.. thank you so much =)
Feb 1, 2009 10:20 PM

Jan 2009
This is quite the awesome tutorial my hood sir
Next chance I get I will do this :3

Feb 10, 2009 3:52 AM

Aug 2008
This might be off-topic since i'm using a script that used to be Version 1, but I figured there will be some smart people here who could help me.

I'm trying to add (imagecopy) an animated gif to my signature but it only shows the first frame. Could anyone give me some tips what might be the problem? I don't want to upload each frame and animate it in php if not necessary. Thanks!
Feb 10, 2009 4:43 AM

Feb 2008
Kvakond said:
This might be off-topic since i'm using a script that used to be Version 1, but I figured there will be some smart people here who could help me.

I'm trying to add (imagecopy) an animated gif to my signature but it only shows the first frame. Could anyone give me some tips what might be the problem? I don't want to upload each frame and animate it in php if not necessary. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure imagecopy doesn't work on animated gifs so you'll have to create the animation with an additional class called gifmerge. Then again, you could just slice up your sig if the animation doesn't cross the update text.
Feb 10, 2009 1:50 PM

Dec 2007
Just wanted to thanks for source code.
I haven't known about strftime and strtotime and they really fast solved "Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:26:00 -0800" problem in my own script :-)
Feb 12, 2009 10:59 PM
Jul 2008
Ehh one question here.
Is it possible to change the width of the text input? Like for example, some anime names (like zero no tsukaima) is long, is there a script whereby when the text reaches a certain width the remaining will be display as ...?

Thanks in advance =)
Feb 13, 2009 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
KuroYuki said:
Ehh one question here.
Is it possible to change the width of the text input? Like for example, some anime names (like zero no tsukaima) is long, is there a script whereby when the text reaches a certain width the remaining will be display as ...?

Thanks in advance =)

I guess this is what you're looking for:

if (strlen($titles[$t]) > $text_length_limit) {
$titles[$t] = substr ($titles[$t],0,$text_length_limit) . '...';
}
else {
$titles[$t] = trim ($titles[$t],"\n");
}

where $text_length_limit is the number of characters you want to keep
Feb 13, 2009 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
@KuroYuki:
if you are using the Version 2 of the script this possibility has already been included. You just need to specifiy this in the 'settings.php' file, which you should now if you use v2 and read through the settings file thoroughly.

Find the following part in 'settings.php' and change to your liking:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////Bonus settings; script will work even if you do not alter this settings
$cut_titles = "0"; // 1=yes or 0=no
$cut_title_after = "12"; // if you specified $cut_titles = "yes" enter the max char length of the anime title output
Luck is the last dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident, sweat on the other hand is for those who know it's a choice, so decide now because destiny waits for no man.
Feb 13, 2009 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
somebody knows why tere are some suspensive points on my signature? .__.

I don´t know where does they come from~
Feb 14, 2009 8:20 AM

Sep 2008
hmm, thats weird. my sig isnt showing anymore. tried it for both the version1 and version2 code and both didnt work.

is it just a 'once in a while' error?
atruong18Feb 14, 2009 8:24 AM
Feb 14, 2009 8:26 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi mentioned that the rss feed has been changed, it's probably due to that
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
2 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.