Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

*For Manga Readers* Has anyone liked or disliked characters more in the anime?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 24, 2013 9:24 AM
Apr 2013
Do you think that the anime has changed your opinion on any characters? The anime is staying very truthful but I think they really improved Jean in the anime and he is a far more likable character. Anyone else have any opinions?
Jun 24, 2013 9:29 AM

May 2013
Levi's D remained the same, fortunately.
Jun 24, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Pixis is still manly as ever.
Jun 24, 2013 9:33 AM
Feb 2012
Levi is too awesome, can't handle it. My only complaint.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 24, 2013 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't care about Jean in the first place and I don't think I'll give him more credit because of the anime.

I like Mikasa more, though.
Jun 24, 2013 12:54 PM

Dec 2010
They made Mikasa weaker.

There will never be forgiveness for the embroidery scene, ever.
Jun 24, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
As a long time fan of the manga, I feel like some characters are less likable in the anime.

Note that this is only my opinion and I am loving the adaptation so far (which is amazing since I was particularly pessimistic about it when it was announced).
Starting with Eren. Mainly due to the terribly picked VA, Eren is portrayed as an annoying, idealistic, immature somewhat generic main character. In the manga I didn't really see him like that (well, at least not that much). I mean, I think the guy's voice suited Haru from Accel world and he barely even changed his voice for this so...

One character that I think has suffered a bit too in the adaptation is Connie. I always liked him in the manga as a carefree comic relief guy that suddenly finds himself dealing with way more than he can handle, while in the anime he's quite forgettable and comes across as a bit of a douche sometimes.
EDIT: I forgot to say something... I hope that an upcoming scene *[TINY MANGA SPOILER BELOW]

is properly presented in the anime. I know that a lot of people watch this for the action alone (which is kinda strange to me since I never read the manga for the action at all, but maybe I'm just weird like that) so that scene may come across as simple and unimportant and overall just something to set the next arcs but it still stands as one of my favorite moments in the manga, with outstanding character development. I really hope Connie is properly portrayed in this scene in particular.

I also liked Armin more in the manga. As for Mikasa I did like her a bit more as well, but I think she's still awesome.

On the other hand I feel like they did quite a good job with Sasha, Reiner and Jean.
kurosaki_kabutoJun 24, 2013 2:59 PM
Jun 24, 2013 3:30 PM
May 2012
I like Jean more in the anime.
Jun 24, 2013 3:39 PM

Mar 2011
kurosaki_kabuto said:

Starting with Eren. Mainly due to the terribly picked VA

And the Yuki Kaji hate train still rides strong.
Jun 24, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2013
Edefrem said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:

He and his yummy uke voice <3

dem bl cds <3
Jun 24, 2013 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
To be honest, I didn't really care about any of the supporting characters in the manga because they barely receive any development. Not to mention, it was hard to distinguish which character is whom but the anime did it the right way by having the training arc right after the wall maria invasion and the characters were being introduced properly and actually looks like it is being develop. In the manga, i didn't know the characters enough to care for them so the fact that the anime actually provide quite a lot of screen time for them and actually develops them, i am quite happy about it.

To me, Jean and Mikasa are more likable in the anime OwO
EstherellaJun 24, 2013 9:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2013 9:39 PM

Apr 2009
Everyone is more likeable in the anime, apart from Eren. Mostly because he seems more like an asshole in the manga.

I just hope they get his crazy right, there's an opportunity in episode 15 or something to redeem him.
Jun 25, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2010
Edefrem said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:

I don't particularly hate him, I just think he was the wrong choice here. Like I said, I think his voice suited Haru from Accel World. He was also a pretty decent pick for Alibaba for example. I don't hate him or think he's a bad VA, he's just not right for the role here.
Jun 26, 2013 2:46 AM

Mar 2013
I actually like Eren more in the anime, he looked like a butch lesbian for the first three volumes a least.
Likewise, I'm liking Reiner more as well and have actually noticed Rico this time around.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 26, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
ye Jean is more likable in the anime

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.