Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM
Jan 2018
This anime has always been about romance in all its forms. Stagnant Romance. Budding Romance. The Romance with adventure. The Romance with death. This episode was really the coda of what this anime was about. There are still a couple episodes left but I believe the real conclusion happened here in this episode.

Sometimes our romances die like Sukakki or Kakisu. Or AkiHaru's romance with adventure. Sometimes they live like Haru's dad or Akiyuki's parent's. And sometimes it's in the middle like those people that kill babies to keep the rest of the world alive. Romance and the pursuit of it has a profound impact on all them. Currently strongest in Midori, the one with a romance for something more that twisted her into what she is now by her own will. Perhaps her death will the saddest one of all.

I wish Ryozou had just killed Kakisu without losing his eye but I think the message was supposed to be lose something to gain something. Perhaps for Ryozou, that eye wasn't worth the potential of actual marital bliss during the apocalypse.

I love that a woman was one the main two writers for this show. Women and their trials and tribulations are explored so thoroughly in this anime. Even it doesn't always hit the mark. It helps make the romance hit a lot harder.

I think we can all agree Kakisu is a much better version of Dewy Novak. We only got to know a bit about him but it was more than enough to make him possibly the most compelling person on this show. The fact he got so much screen time really helped. After all, he is actually just as much part of the main cast as anyone on that postal ship.
MFDOOMEDJul 13, 2023 5:19 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 25 Discussion

Esquire - Jan 28, 2009

47 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 21 Discussion

windy - Dec 31, 2008

46 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 12, 2023 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.