Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 23, 2013 11:48 AM

May 2008
So I watched the anime first. Then I did not want to wait anymore so I started reading the manga. I'm at chapter 35 and another flashback has started.... I just felt that some of the flashbacks did not make alot of sense in where they were put. For example, the training arc makes alot more sense before the second attack. Not randomly towards the end of the second attack. Alot of the flashbacks would have been unnecessary by just removing the timeskip. Instead its like a few days later..... then flashback a few days ago this happened. Its just really obvious to me. Does anyone else notice this? Do you think it makes it better or worse?

Just wanted to rant
freakman012May 23, 2013 11:53 AM
May 23, 2013 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
freakman012 said:
So I watched the anime first. Then I did not want to wait anymore so I started reading the manga. I'm at chapter 35 and another flashback has started.... I just felt that some of the flashbacks did not make alot of sense in where they were put. For example, the training arc makes alot more sense before the second attack. Not randomly towards the end of the second attack. Alot of the flashbacks would have been unnecessary by just removing the timeskip. Instead its like a few days later..... then flashback a few days ago this happened. Its just really obvious to me. Does anyone else notice this? Do you think it makes it better or worse?

Just wanted to rant

I actually like it more how it is done in the manga. For example I wouldn't have been so surprised that Eren, Armin and Mikasa have figured it out that Annie is a titan if it was stated before they tried to capture her. This way you figure it out in the same time Annie does and by then it is too late XD

And besides, there are a lot of characters in the manga that all get their fair share of character development and it is widely known that flashbacks are a primary way to do this
Morrigan31May 23, 2013 1:51 PM
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » did u guys hate the ending? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

61 by deg »»
May 13, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Feb 6, 2016

123 by CutieAnshin »»
May 12, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1870 by KatoWorks »»
May 10, 10:38 AM

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
May 7, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.