Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 9, 2013 2:30 AM

Jun 2011
j0x said:
Ambient_ said:
Blue and red don't mix well lol

facebook has red (notifications) and blue since his design reminds me a lot of facebook new interface

Yeah, but that's isolated, and also purposeful, since its meant to attract your attention. It's clear that the color scheme is already black, red and white. Changing the black to blue won't work too well, since blue and red don't really complement each other. He'd probably have to change the red highlights into a color more suited to work with blue, and at that point he'd might as well change the color of the logo as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's trying to steer away from any aesthetic similarities to MAL.

And blue, red and white just screams patriotism, which is the wrong impression.
Revenant_Jul 9, 2013 5:56 AM
Jul 9, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2013
Kinda surprised people are saying that it looks like facebook. It looks a lot more like Youtube to me...
Jul 9, 2013 7:49 AM

Feb 2011
Google+, Facebook, and Youtube were big inspirations for me indeed.

I know it may seem dark to you, but if you could see the rest of the page, everything in the content area/body is very light. The only dark elements are the sidebar and topbar. Well, and the queue which slides down. And I plan to maintain it that way. The sidebar is also pretty low contrasted so your eyes can focus only on the content (at least for me). I've toyed around with some different possible color schemes myself already. This is what I liked the best by a good margin. I like people having choices though, without having to resort to fan-made userstyles (but hey, if that's your thing, you can do that too).

Anyway, you can definitely expect to have different options available, including alternative color schemes and contrast modes. Those are low priority though, must more important things to be done.

Also, I originally had the sidebar as red, and changed it to the top bar being red at one point, then back to the sidebar red, and in the end this is what I went with because it felt much better to me.
dperolioJul 9, 2013 7:53 AM
Jul 9, 2013 8:41 AM
May 2013
The rest of the page is a nice clean light style. It looks dark simply because of the profile picture and the menus are all dark-based. I completely agree with the points about customization, simply because I think the user should always have full power over that!
Jul 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Feb 2011
Login/register page completed and working.

Default user avatar/display pic complete (for males at least):

:p

Next up is user's favorites, reviews, and blog pages.
Jul 12, 2013 8:29 PM
May 2013
dperolio said:
Login/register page completed and working.

Default user avatar/display pic complete (for males at least):

:p

Next up is user's favorites, reviews, and blog pages.

WHOOOO first to guess who it is gets a piece of interwebz candy!
Jul 12, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2011
It's obviously Pikachu.
Jul 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Aug 2009
Ambient_ said:
It's obviously Pikachu.

Personally, I daresay it's

Fits perfectly.
Jul 14, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2009
kids this days do not know Goku
Jul 14, 2013 10:04 PM

Feb 2011
j0x said:
kids this days do not know Goku

We have a winner! Good work.

metamorphius said:
Ambient_ said:
It's obviously Pikachu.

Personally, I daresay it's

Fits perfectly.

Good try~ You get 2nd place.

Ambient_ said:
It's obviously Pikachu.

Nope, but you can still have a "Thanks for trying" ribbon. :)
Jul 14, 2013 10:34 PM

Feb 2012
Can't tell if these guys' sarcasm detector are broken, or the one broken is mine.
Jul 14, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
I will NOT be satisfied with the second place. I shall get my revenge.

HauntingShock said:
Can't tell if these guys' sarcasm detector are broken, or the one broken is mine.

I'd say those who took the replies seriously have the broken detector.
Jul 15, 2013 8:33 AM

Feb 2011
HauntingShock said:

I would say yours was, at least in my case. :p I doubt j0x was serious either. It's all in good fun.
Jul 16, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2011
Social media now activated. Will probably keep this thread updated as well, but if you want to follow us, that's cool too. ;)

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Jul 16, 2013 8:39 PM
May 2013
Lot's of cool stuff incoming! Make sure to follow us somewhere :) (preferably twitter... I like it the best :D)
Jul 17, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2012
Not sure if this question has been answered yet.
What is the 'os' in Animangos from?
Jul 17, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2011
DiGGzBoT said:

Nothing really. Just a unique name really.

Though, I originally wanted Animanga, the .com domain has been taken for over 16 years, so that's unfortunate. I didn't want a long domain name though. Also, I've often heard of manga referred to as 'mangos' for slang, so I thought that would work.

Not to mention we could also incorporate the actual fruit into the website somehow, perhaps. But mainly, just wanted a fairly short, unique name that could be tied to anime and manga.

Anyway, expect a new video update on some feature or idea we're working on at least once a week. You can watch for us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or just this thread if you want.

For today, we're going to show you a peak at our login/registration system. Dibes will be giving you some commentary as he runs through it. The mobile video view is also attached, but it may take a minute to load, and it's a bit laggy in the video, I apologize for that.

The next thing we'll introduce briefly will be the Queue.

http://www.screencast.com/t/bcy4PF5dm
Jul 17, 2013 2:43 PM

Dec 2010
dperolio said:
DiGGzBoT said:

Though, I originally wanted Animanga, the .com domain has been taken for over 16 years, so that's unfortunate. I didn't want a long domain name though. Also, I've often heard of manga referred to as 'mangos' for slang, so I thought that would work.

Not to mention we could also incorporate the actual fruit into the website somehow, perhaps. But mainly, just wanted a fairly short, unique name that could be tied to anime and manga.

Anyway, expect a new video update on some feature or idea we're working on at least once a week. You can watch for us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or just this thread if you want.

For today, we're going to show you a peak at our login/registration system. Dibes will be giving you some commentary as he runs through it. The mobile video view is also attached, but it may take a minute to load, and it's a bit laggy in the video, I apologize for that.

Why do I see Josh's avatar from Hummingbird in the design?
Jul 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Feb 2011
Rebas said:
dperolio said:
DiGGzBoT said:

Why do I see Josh's avatar from Hummingbird in the design?

About Me profile page preview up.

Only the Home profile page will have the larger cover background, other profile pages will have the smaller version.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/689/gbdu.png
dperolioJul 22, 2013 6:39 AM
Jul 17, 2013 11:09 PM

May 2008
We allow many people to post their programming, web development, and service ideas, and the Creative Corner is meant to help artists improve and ask for criticism from the community. This topic has been reported multiple times in the past for advertising. This was a tough call at the time but we concluded that although the topic requires users to visit a third-party website, the Creative Corner is meant for sharing digital creations. If the link is relevant to a legitimate plea for creative criticism and there is supporting information to direct discussion in the topic, then it's fine. Hence we have allowed discussion here to continue.

While this topic was originally a plea for constructive criticism, somewhere along the line it has since been repeatedly modified into advertisement and that is not what Creative Corner is designed for. The forums should allow for discussion that does not require users to go elsewhere to participate in discussion. This is the same reason we remove topics where users desire only to promote their YouTube channels for example. You can however promote your home page in your profile or club. I believe there has been a lot of productive discussion here, but this is not a place to promote your feeds (which are not discussion) or direct people elsewhere for that discussion.

Even if the off-site ushering is corrected, the topic is still not discussion. It does not seem like you are developing a two-way dialog if the opening post is only an update feed. You're not asking for help; you're telling people what is happening. Even if users are commenting with reaction, it's not conforming to the Creative Corner guidelines.

I hope that you will not consider this reactionary based on the nature of your site, and I wish you well with your project. I'm not saying you can't promote your site. I'm just saying you can't use the main forums to do so.
- Locked -

Moderator's Note:
Followers of this topic may continue discussion in the club here:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=38107
sakaJul 18, 2013 12:28 AM

I am a banana.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History

NurarihyonMaou - Aug 15, 2021

22 by NubFix »»
1 hour ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

3 by DesuMaiden »»
11 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1630 by renzospark »»
Today, 5:03 AM

» I invite you to my stream channel

Chadoumaru - Apr 28

0 by Chadoumaru »»
Apr 28, 6:52 PM

» Kiseki Sorter

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by Luc36 »»
Apr 28, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.