Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 7, 2013 11:26 AM
Dec 2010
I've read 22 chapters, so it might be answered might now.

Using their graduate as a base number, then if 21 people join a year and they have a below 50% survival rating then how many squads are there and how many people are in each squad?

2nd if there have been 57 expeditions in the last 105 then why do they need more then 1 squad?
May 9, 2013 2:31 AM
Dec 2010
bump
May 12, 2013 12:16 AM
Dec 2010
guess I'll have to wait for the anime
Jul 10, 2013 4:36 PM

Sep 2012
Speculation:

In most armies around the world (I'm going to talk from a Brit-ush perspective) there isn't just one training camp. The would be many scattered across the territory for travel convenience.

I would imagine that the military camp we saw the main characters at was somewhere in the south of wall Rose. There could be others in the North, West and East.

And then, of course, you would have multiple "sections" going through training in a year. One starting in the Summer and another starting in the Winter, that means you have a consistent intake of soldiers that replace numbers that have left either by death or retirement.

So now if we imagine that the number of overall trainees.. the number is considerably high joining each year.

"how many squads are there and how many people are in each squad?"

Well I'd imagine it's organised again like an army should be organised; Multiple Sections to a Platoon to a Squadron/Brigade to a Division to the selected Corps, in this case, the Recon Corps

Quite possibly there could be a Division for each point on a compass; with a brigade to each district.

It should be worth noting that I think I remember reading that Pixis was in charge of all the southern Districts.. (Hermiha, Trost, and Shiganshina)

As for you second point... You couldn't really do much with one squad of people. Advancing and holding ground is something for everyone to have a go at..

I know that the titans are OP and numbers probably don't matter, but numbers would give you a chance.

Hope this helped old boy.
Chin-strapped half Scottish man-child suffering from "cant-be-arrsed-itis"

Lives in Oxfordshire, Blighty.

Likes Sainsbury's own baked cookies. And Chips.

More topics from this board

Poll: » did u guys hate the ending? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

61 by deg »»
May 13, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Feb 6, 2016

123 by CutieAnshin »»
May 12, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1870 by KatoWorks »»
May 10, 10:38 AM

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
May 7, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.