Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2008 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
i've been thinking about it for myself and... i do not know the exact reason but i think is because i found really romantic two guys that love each other without thinking about the opinion of other people, and i adimire that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 25, 2008 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Good plot, some kind of true love, good art.
Im not sure about that. Its been a long road and even now i dont know the answer.
Dec 27, 2008 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
I like the way it was put in the Flowers of Life by Fumi Yoshinaga (one of my favorite yaoi authors). From volume 2.

"Female fans of yaoi are subconsciously attracted to and aroused by the equality inherent in the relationship between two men. The love shared in such a relationship is on the basis that one of the men, capable of either giving or receiving in sex, actively choosing to be the one to receive...to be submissive. This is completely different from a relationship with a woman, who is physically constructed only for receiving." So, I agree with this in part.

But, that is only part of it. For me there is fascination with those who are willing to go against the norms of society and enter into the taboo for the sake of love. I like the idea that love is beyond the constraints of gender and that two people can really just be into each other, because they are who they are and that matters more than what they are.

Finally, curiosity. As a woman there will things I can never ever know. Being a man (whether the uke or the seme) is only something I can imagine, but never actually know.
Dec 29, 2008 4:07 AM

Sep 2008
Yaoi usually goes deep into a relationship and shows us everything, every detail and sex scenes, i shouen ai as very cute, only some romancti relationship that usually stops at a kissing ^^
I've read yaoi that don't show many nasty scenes, but have a great plot and development of characters, not that shouen ai doesn't have but yaoi it's more into it...

Jul 10, 2009 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
Hmmm well I haven't really thought of the reason why I like it. But I suppose its because of the plots and the endless possibilities of pairing guys together lol. Not to mention there's just something hot about two guys kissing one another, plus for me I see it as something deep. More deep than shoujo, it just gives off this romantic sense and I was really drawn to it.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Jul 11, 2009 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
Because the pairings are unusual. And because in my mind, a love between two guys has greater chances to be a true love. I mean, they have many hardships to overpass than a normal couple: religion, crappy moral ideas, other people's opinions. A boy and a girl can be together just for the sake of it, without actually liking each other. But if two boys get through so many things just to be togheter, I think there's more to their relationship.

And the last, but not the least: because they're cute! *lol at stupid fangirl argument*
Aug 20, 2009 8:51 PM

Aug 2009
Because it's something new and different, and that excites me.
I'm sick of the whole boy and girl falling in love thing.
I want something new and different, and that points to one thing, yaoi.
Plus, I don't like a hot boy having sex with a girl. Because then I envy the girl.
When it's two boys, there's no one to envy. I'm equally attracted to both.
And that makes it extremely hot. <3
Oct 6, 2009 2:19 AM

Sep 2009
hmm...i love it cuz...i...its me...i ...*sighs* im not sure why i love it...good plot? BISHOUNEN?!?!?!?!?!!!? the hot bishounens that make u O.O or O_O and that make u forget time??

can someone tell me....the reason i am what i am...
Welcome to my happy world now get your shit and leave

Oct 9, 2009 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
I like it because it just seems more passionate and real than het couples in stories. And maybe because since the guys are on the same level they are very relatable and I can connect with them on a much deeper level than het couples.

And also it can just be overwhelmingly cute sometimes. XP
Oct 10, 2009 12:10 AM

Nov 2006
Not really sure actually. I mean, why do guys like yuri? I guess my reasons are probably the same as theirs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2009 12:41 AM

Mar 2009
why...

because it makes my world go around:D

no really, it just then you read it you can atleast understand something in life i think.
i don't know what would i do if i didin't read this.
it's fun.
sometimes from pairing and arts you can get sooo... am how to say...( at the top part of yourself)
well ok, it's just turn me on.
really.Who can't get turned on while watching or reading this?
well non-yaoi fans >_>

yuri..hmm.i kinda wanted to read yuri mangas, but i can't find any downlaods O_O.
maybe someone could tell me some sites?

i think then i grow up, after few years, i'll start buying mangas and placing them in my room(:
and i think ( i knowwww) that i'll get my kids to watch this.
(altought i want to make my kinds gay or lesbian, because i don't know..i just like to make future plans:D)
Nov 3, 2009 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
When I read Yaoi, shounen-ai It makes me forget that this world is full of shit.
It makes me feel that everyone can love anyone and it's just a peaceful place XD
IDK
It's just so utterly awesome to me.
It has something to it that shoujo mangas don't have.
I really don't know why i love it, i just do.
It's so adorable and sexy at times.
I BET if the entire world read yaoi/yuri people wouldn't be that much against gay rights.. right?
I love yaoi. Not just because of the sexual stuff o.o but more about the romance! the romance is just utterly awesome.
Nov 28, 2009 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
I like it because...mmmm...Oh yea one of the reasons is because the characters are way more cuter than the ones in hentai, yuri, normal mangas' girls and such.

& + reasons would be,
It makes me forget about time.
It makes me feel safer and forget how dangerous this world is.
It reflects parts of how my utopia is.(My imaginary world I created in my mind)
It makes me think that anyone can find love.
I like some of the styles some really cool guys dress in. ^^
& much + just that I cant think if them right now.
Dec 5, 2009 1:55 AM

May 2009
It's cute
It's awesome
It's something different
. . .

Simply I love it x3

Dec 5, 2009 5:13 AM

May 2009
pinku_oni said:
I like the way it was put in the Flowers of Life by Fumi Yoshinaga (one of my favorite yaoi authors). From volume 2.

"Female fans of yaoi are subconsciously attracted to and aroused by the equality inherent in the relationship between two men. The love shared in such a relationship is on the basis that one of the men, capable of either giving or receiving in sex, actively choosing to be the one to receive...to be submissive. This is completely different from a relationship with a woman, who is physically constructed only for receiving." So, I agree with this in part.

But, that is only part of it. For me there is fascination with those who are willing to go against the norms of society and enter into the taboo for the sake of love. I like the idea that love is beyond the constraints of gender and that two people can really just be into each other, because they are who they are and that matters more than what they are.

Finally, curiosity. As a woman there will things I can never ever know. Being a man (whether the uke or the seme) is only something I can imagine, but never actually know.

Sorry for quoting everything you said but here it is. Everything I wanted to say so there is no need to repeat the same thing. Yoshinaga Fumi is awesome by the way:))
Apr 12, 2010 9:56 AM

Mar 2010
i'm sure myself, maybe because it's more extreme...i just find two guys in love HOT! especially if they are all happy and things like jealousy are present.
it makes me want to...continue living? (yes that sounds weird, but that's how i feel)
yaoi makes me so happy, it's hard to express.
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
Apr 26, 2010 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
Hot bishies kissing each other - how can fangirls like us resist?
and yes, yaoi is like my sanctuary, just reading/watching it completes my day...
Jun 24, 2010 12:50 PM

Sep 2008
aww first, It's personal and private preference. WOuld you care if people like chocolate and mostly don't like vanilla and you ordered vanilla because you love it? It feels that way.

I love yaoi mainly because the characters are GOODLOOKING and DROOLWORTHY. How can I pass it when two dropdead gorgeous adonis are into each other? noweeiiii!!! I want my popcorn!
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Oct 30, 2021 6:32 AM
Jun 2021
The reason...It is very simple really. The reason why we take interest in something is that we find it interesting. From the beautiful art to the awe-inspiring Plot, there are many reasons why this genre stands out to me. Mostly because it can feed my imagination without making me feel uncomfortable and I do respect the characters courage to like someone of the same gender. Mostly, in my opinion, the fact that these characters can like someone regardless of what society thinks makes me think that this might just be the pure definition of 'love'.Most stories are not cliche and reading them is sort of therapy for my mind. It is that simple!
Apr 1, 2022 3:12 PM
Feb 2021
Probably because of personality. Usually, in shojo, the female character was bland with no personality, ambitions, or life outside of her love interest, and while I would later realise that the same disease plagued yaoi, I got my first hit of characters who had lives outside their partners and now my fave yaois are the like of love stage, pink heart jam, the doukyussei series, fools, sign etc
Apr 1, 2022 3:12 PM
Feb 2021
Probably because of personality. Usually, in shojo, the female character was bland with no personality, ambitions, or life outside of her love interest, and while I would later realise that the same disease plagued yaoi, I got my first hit of characters who had lives outside their partners and now my fave yaois are the like of love stage, pink heart jam, the doukyussei series, fools, sign etc
Apr 30, 2023 4:43 AM

Feb 2022
I like them because most of the time the artstyle is great, but also because of the characters and plot.
May 9, 2023 7:56 PM

Jun 2022
it's extremely hot and more soft. I still like there being a more masculine and more feminine person, but yaoi is often more interesting dynamics-wise
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Do your parents know you watch yaoi? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cookie-chan- - Aug 6, 2008

170 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Poll: » How many of you .... ?

XxThageXx - Apr 12, 2009

40 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:06 AM

» worst or most embarasing experiences with people who dont know what yaoi is

R0bbieisGone - May 16, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 21, 2021 2:30 AM

» Need help finding a certain yaoi anime?

Noidem - Jul 22, 2008

12 by Ssakurai »»
Mar 30, 2021 4:07 AM

» Name your favorite pairings

Noidem - Aug 8, 2008

45 by Cheeky_Peanut132 »»
Apr 27, 2020 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.