Apr 3, 2013 10:31 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012

Dat Shinsekai Yori scene:
Apr 3, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
Ghostony said:
Indifferent

Is not turned on, is not disgusted, not scared, not laugh, no emotion.

It seemed completely normal to me

Shoujo-AI with comedy on the other hand, is hawt
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 3, 2013 3:16 PM

Mar 2013
I am not sure whether this refers to works necessarily of explicitly sexual nature, but I will assume it does not.

I personally loved it. That being said, it was a cute, and well-done Touhou doujin, so I would have liked it even if it was a heterosexual romance.
Apr 3, 2013 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
I can't fap to yuri, its impossible.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 3, 2013 4:26 PM

Feb 2010
Yes.
Apr 3, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2009
"What? Are you serious!? Hell yeah!"
+ Twins! *head explodes*

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 3, 2013 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
BatoKusanagi said:

Even though not animated, the manga version was hotter.
Apr 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
BatoKusanagi said:

And...... saved
Apr 3, 2013 6:21 PM

Mar 2013
I enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2012
madoka magica is great
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Apr 3, 2013 6:23 PM
May 2012
Yaoi>Yuri

/thread
Apr 3, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2011
I see, this is Yuri
Apr 3, 2013 6:33 PM

Mar 2013
It's good but one of the first I saw are extremely slow.. like take awhille for the story to rise in action.. and even with some kissing or w/e it's boring. but I can be a bit impatient at times. =P

Apr 3, 2013 6:41 PM

Jun 2008
Sophilia said:
Yaoi>Yuri

/thread

There's a medium solely dedicated to Yaoi....thousands of combined books, manga, light novels, games, anime, hentai!

That really doesn't exists for Yuri.

Because, most MALE anime fans like hetero relationships in their anime universe than yuri ones.

I believe this all stems to the fact that many male anime fans like to fantasize themselves as being the main character surrounded by beautiful girls.

This is why Harems are so damn popular in anime.

Furthermore, the few yuri anime I have seen is disappointing.

For example Strawberry Panic....that shit sucked balls!

YuruYuri doesn't really count since that's more about nonsensical comedy.

Anyways, I prefer the yuri we occasionally see in regular bishoujo harem anime such as....Kampfer.

Damn right:

http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1702428

--ALEX--Apr 3, 2013 6:50 PM
Apr 3, 2013 6:50 PM
May 2012
@Alex

Before I start, I should let you know, I'm a fujoshi.

Anyways, most of the art/graphics suck for yaoi, at least for the doujins, not sure about anime as I've never really watch it. Also not sure about this next part, but doesn't hentai usually focus on the female characters, at least I would assume so.
Apr 3, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
Sophilia said:
but doesn't hentai usually focus on the female characters, at least I would assume so.

Of course, since it's targeted mostly to males.

I'm just saying that Yuri isn't that popular because the main consensus of males prefer hetero relationships.

When I go to many manga sites, they'll usually have genre tabs at the top.....they'll have things like: "Shounen", "Action", "Romance", "Comedy", and yes even "Yaoi".

I've rarely seen "Yuri".

So, basically my position is that Yaoi is indeed a lot more popular since it's targeted demographic does enjoy it.

Yuri on the other hand has a very low demographic.
Apr 3, 2013 6:58 PM

Jun 2009
JustALEX said:
Sophilia said:
but doesn't hentai usually focus on the female characters, at least I would assume so.

Of course, since it's targeted mostly to males.

I'm just saying that Yuri isn't that popular because the main consensus of males prefer hetero relationships.

When I go to many manga sites, they'll usually have genre tabs at the top.....they'll have things like: "Shounen", "Action", "Romance", "Comedy", and yes even "Yaoi".

I've rarely seen "Yuri".

So, basically my position is that Yaoi is indeed a lot more popular since it's targeted demographic does enjoy it.

Yuri on the other hand has a very low demographic.

Actually, a lot of Yuri/shoujo-ai is targeted toward females I believe.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 3, 2013 7:00 PM
May 2012
Ahh, I think I was just confused as to what you were saying before. That makes more sense, as guys are probably satisfied with just hentai, or even just ecchi alone, therefore yuri isn't as demanded, I suppose.

Nonetheless, I do think yaoi could use some better doujins :3
Apr 3, 2013 7:02 PM
May 2012
insan3soldiern said:

That is true, and same with yaoi for males. At least, that was the original intent of the creators. Now both are coinciding, as females have taken a liking to yaoi, and males, yuri.
Apr 3, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:

Yes.

Like the Maria-Sama anime series.

I heard that's mostly targeted for females, and it doesn't have any ecchi.

Guys like ecchi a lot more than romance.
Apr 3, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
Sophilia said:
insan3soldiern said:

That is true, and same with yaoi for males. At least, that was the original intent of the creators. Now both are coinciding, as females have taken a liking to yaoi, and males, yuri.

I think guys just like it when two girls get it on, not the actual romance.
Apr 3, 2013 7:07 PM
May 2012
Paul said:
Sophilia said:
insan3soldiern said:

well, that's somewhat disturbing.
Apr 3, 2013 7:07 PM

Mar 2013
I don't really have a particular liking towards Yuri or Yaoi, but Yuri tends to be more tastefully done, although rarer.

Half of Yaoi seems to be just an excuse for buttsex and that's that, so it's hard to take it seriously.

Paul said:

I don't understand how that works. By having two girls together, males are effectively excluding themselves from the relationship and denying their existence. That's just sad in a lot of ways.
Apr 3, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Paul said:

BINGO!

We don't care that they're in love with each other and all that other lovey dovey crap....we just want to see some hot girl on girl action.
Apr 3, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2008
Sweet_Love said:
Paul said:

I don't understand how that works. By having two girls together, males are effectively excluding themselves from the relationship and denying their existence. That's just sad in a lot of ways.

I don't think the way you are saying it is any different than yaoi. The female audience is not involved in it either.

But regardless, boys will be boys. Whatever works works, if you know what I mean.
PaulApr 3, 2013 7:17 PM
Apr 3, 2013 7:11 PM

Jun 2009
Sophilia said:
Paul said:
Sophilia said:
insan3soldiern said:

well, that's somewhat disturbing.

Well, not every guy is like that. I myself find the subject of the taboo interesting, and this is why I'd probably be cool with watching a well written Yaoi/Shounen-Ai romance some day. Though, admittedly, I'd rather it not be too graphic when it comes to the sex. And, the plot/characters would have to be really well done.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2013 3:15 AM

Jun 2012
Let's be honest here. 90% of the time there's the assumption people would read or watch Yaoi or Yuri because "taboo" sex is hawt.
Apr 4, 2013 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
No penetration = boring
Apr 4, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2012
BlueKite said:
No penetration = boring

That's what strap ons are for.

Or Futanari.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Apr 4, 2013 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
Goryo said:
BlueKite said:
No penetration = boring

That's what strap ons are for.

Or Futanari.

Well that was before I even heard of that stuff. Now I enjoy them
Apr 4, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2011
My first reaction was:

> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 4, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
Apr 4, 2013 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
"DAMN - THAT'S DOPE."
Apr 4, 2013 4:08 PM

Oct 2011
Apr 4, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Iasuru said:
Sono Hanabira, good choice.

I'm rather surprised by some of the reactions. Always thought it was a universally agreeable (for men) genre that no one just wanted to make content for.
Apr 4, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2012
pfft who needs yuri when there's hentai
Apr 4, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Eloel said:
One Of My Favorite Genres.

Good to know i'm not the only one *whew*

This is the song I only sing when you're sleeping.
These are the words I say when you can't hear me.
This is the way I look when you can't see me.
And you will never know.
Apr 4, 2013 5:15 PM

Oct 2011
My 1st reaction to....

is...

I must have been 13.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 4, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Iasuru said:

Did someone say Sono Hanabira? Because I think I just heard someone say Sono Hanabira.
Apr 4, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
I can't find that picture hot.. I just see it as cute.. O_o
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2011
Ghostony said:
I can't find that picture hot.. I just see it as cute.. O_o
Really? Give me a moment then!

Dammit, I can't link this, don't feel like being banned ...
PolychromeApr 4, 2013 5:54 PM
Apr 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Dec 2010
I thought it was adorable. Probably. Yuri is the purest, cutest form of love.
Apr 4, 2013 5:58 PM

Mar 2011
"shit, the SayakaXHomura shipping is fucking popular"
Apr 4, 2013 6:05 PM

Jun 2008
TONS of Sono Hanabira pictures that can be posted....unfortunately most of them are not allowed.

But, either way, that series is the epitome of Yurilicious!
Apr 4, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
Nice Sono Hanabira pics.
Apr 4, 2013 6:42 PM

Mar 2013
And... I know I am probably going to earn a lot of flak here, but Sono Hanabira is one of the great examples what I do not appreciate about the Yuri genre.

It either gets played for ridiculous amounts of cuteness/moe, along with lots of sex in Sono Hanabira's case, or falls into this some melodramatic pit of angst that will make even emos stare inexplicably at the lengths it goes to.

It's just hard to take it seriously. Of course, I do appreciate the cuteness and all that, but when that is pretty much the only thing you find in a genre, it kind of feels rather empty. One of the reasons why I enjoyed Touhou doujins were because they feel so natural - and actually focuses on the relationship, instead of the artificial moe comedy/sex or angst of the rest.
Apr 4, 2013 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
Sweet_Love said:
And... I know I am probably going to earn a lot of flak here, but Sono Hanabira is one of the great examples what I do not appreciate about the Yuri genre.

It either gets played for ridiculous amounts of cuteness/moe, along with lots of sex in Sono Hanabira's case, or falls into this some melodramatic pit of angst that will make even emos stare inexplicably at the lengths it goes to.

It's just hard to take it seriously. Of course, I do appreciate the cuteness and all that, but when that is pretty much the only thing you find in a genre, it kind of feels rather empty. One of the reasons why I enjoyed Touhou doujins were because they feel so natural - and actually focuses on the relationship, instead of the artificial moe comedy/sex or angst of the rest.

When you're seriously criticizing or praising a work, mitigate your bias as much as possible. Quantify what you say within the series context; don't try to get blood from a stone.

Example,

Anyway, proper yuri anime are still in relative infancy and it's usually a secondary element in shows when it is featured. However, the genre is much more developed in manga.
Apr 5, 2013 2:17 AM

May 2012
When I first saw Yuri

When I first saw Yaoi

Both when I was like 12 lol.
gettogaaraApr 5, 2013 2:41 AM
Apr 5, 2013 3:23 AM

Oct 2011
Sweet_Love said:

I don't watch R18 for the story. I watch R18 for the sex.
Apr 11, 2013 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
I was kind of surprised when I first saw two ainime girls kissing, but as the anime continued and they kissed more it got better and better and now I'm in love with it :P

By the way the anime was Kannazuki no Miko, a friend made me watch it and I had no idea it was yuri, now I'm really grateful I watched it
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ‘Does Everyone Hate Real World?’: Ghost In The Shell: Arise Director Bemoans The Rise Of Isekai Anime

deg - 48 minutes ago

7 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you know which character is the archetype for all the isekai/harem protagonists?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

11 by BilboBaggins365 »»
17 minutes ago

» Ever thought an anime was a MASTERPIECE, then changed your mind? Or vice versa?

Rhae - May 14

36 by Zedlin »»
21 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹

Shizuna - Today

31 by Gugu309 »»
23 minutes ago

» Do you think Berserk will ever get the adaptation it truly deserves?

Gashadokur0 - May 9

40 by FanofAction »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.