Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 2015 5:06 AM

Jan 2015
lilcoffeebean said:
FahtahSensei said:
If Canada is xenophobic why is it full of foreigners?

In political discourse (aside from Harper and at times Quebec) xenophobia is much rarer than the US, for now. However, that's not to say xenophobia doesn't exist. Vancouver (Hongcouver) has a rather large Anti-Asian population growing. You can see this in activist groups popping up like Putting Canada First, in the Vancouvercourier's opinion section, and other papers. They're commonly blamed for the skyrocketing real estate market. Then you have the complaints they are 'taking all the University spots' etc. You could say because it's full of foreigners, xenophobia is gaining more traction.

Exactly the same thing is happening here in Sydney and Melbourne regarding Chinese nationals property speculating, buying up real estate for grossly inflated prices to price other prospective buyers out of the market, which does obviously push up values, and Asian students taking up university places en masse. And yet most of the xenophobia if you will, seems to be about muslims.... Interesting. I can't think it will all end well.
Apr 15, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
i've met some canadians irl and i didnt especially like any of them. i do however love my sabylas bby <3 and i've talked to other nice canadians online. there's people like this and like that so whatever really.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

40 by aikaflip »»
1 minute ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

33 by aikaflip »»
5 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

82 by MalchikRepaid »»
9 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
34 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

316 by DesuMaiden »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.