Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2008 7:52 AM

Dec 2008
Ragnarok online (before i read the anime stuff) was the kickin awsome game i always played. At first I would make a buncha free 30 day trials. Got the hang of it. Then when i had the money to pay, I did. I was born to play this game. Over 16 different type of character u can become, and thats just before rebirth and become the transedant classes. Creatable items and unique skills. So many people on for Guild sieges and just for hanging out.

It was great! Until i was unable to pay. I was sad that i couldnt play anymore. I learned that there were private servers. I checked it out only to find one where you can reach lvl 500. I tried it, i made every possible character i can. BlackRO was the name of it. Much more challenging to become ultimate, but at a price. Super quick leveling which made the game boring.

After much playing, I soon learned Ragnarok released Valkyrie. A free server for the game. But they let me down. They jumbled all servers internationally wise and the game lags, and is even more harder to lvl. but which makes it much more worth leveling.

ok. enough of my babble. anybody want to share any stories or what kinda characters they have that makes them better? equips and such?
Dec 8, 2008 8:17 AM

May 2007
Ragnarok was a game I was into for a long time, until I found better MMO's to play. I never played on the pay servers, instead I played on a very public private server (the name escapes me). Unlike most servers leveling was not easy, there was nothing custom, it was basically a private version of the pay servers for free. I become an admin on that server.

I had 3 characters. My first and my most used was a High Wizard, he was incredibly strong and incredibly hard to kill, I did a lot of damage on him. My second was a Paladin, he was focused on defense and pretty much that alone, it was virtually impossible to kill him. My third and least used with an Assassin Cross, as much as I enjoy the backstabbing and the stealthy slaughter I tired of this class easy, it posed no challenge as I hit fast enough to kill practically anything before it even touched me.
I hate World of Warcraft

Dec 8, 2008 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
thats sick! ya, playing on Blackout kinda killed it for me. like SinX's would have the highest attack speed so u'd kill anything. the thing about that game it'd take you 30 mins before reaching 500. it was kinda gay
Dec 8, 2008 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
I did. I have something to say about certain things. Like the Marc card. The thing about stuff like that where its overpowering. Usually they put a significantly lower drop rate then other cards. I leveled 18 days straight and reached lvl 40 to 63 with me bard trying to collect marc cards. i could never find one. Other aspects, like the equips. They gave some Items like a Nine-tails hat Very hard to get. You needed to Grab 2000 nine-tails in order to get half of what u needed. it was really sad. Some of the classes has thier downfalls and thier over powering affects, like the Soul linker. The bad part about them was that they could ONLY attack monsters. Which made them wimps in PvP. Gunslingers are the worse, because of thier Desperado attack. Its not like a "press the skill, click the screen" it was a spam button. it affected 11 by 11 AoE and nobody could touch them, unless cloaked. the other aspect is the fact that they ALL have thier weaknesses. Even a SinX has its weakness to magic. Magicians to Archers. Archers to Swordies. Ect. The main big thing i loved about Ragnarok itself. It was nearly impossible to reach 100 by yourself, and completely impossible to transend and get to 100.
Im babbling now >.<
Dec 8, 2008 9:20 AM

May 2007
Wizards were weak to Archers? Since when? Maybe it was just the server I played on but I don't think so, since the servers stats were the same as the official servers. I played a High Wizard, even as an admin I didn't have the best gear and still I didn't die from Archers easy. Archers had the same chance at killing me as any other class, even when they ganged up on me. It was about gear to a certain extent, but you had to be skilled so you didn't die.
I hate World of Warcraft

Dec 8, 2008 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
My bard, he spammed the skill Arrow Vulcan 1200% x 10 distance attack. i creamed magicians. Because some magicians went more into INT than DEX they can do one hit kills, but slow cast. Archers are all Agi and Dex. which allowed the skill Dual Strife to be a fast devistating attack. Unless the magician had A no cast interuption card, they would get creamed.
Dec 8, 2008 12:26 PM

May 2007
Lol I tried valkyrie a week or 2 ago. Hella boring, but lag was the main problem. I just played till like lvl 13/5 archer or something. All items were overpriced, how the hell are you supposed to afford arrows on such a low level.

I should've leveled a mage or acolyte... much easier :'<

And yeah, who didn't try out private RO servers? Played on quite a few, the only ones I actually do remember the name of are MobRO, ProjectRO, qRO, NiktoutRO, RebirthRO...
Dec 8, 2008 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
RO was decent, it's all I could say. The graphics didn't really improve over the years, and they still didn't implant different weapon sprites but just went along with every type of weapon having the same sprite. At the same time the only thing you could customize is your headgears, which is obsolete at this point since there's MMORPGs now that offer so much more. It was the first MMORPG I played, and the only thing good about MMORPGs is the community. I could always sit in town and make random, totally stupid conversations with random people. If you also didn't get the particular skills, or have higher stats in one area than you normally should, then you would "fail" in areas like PvP and WoE.

I won't even go to WoE. Since that's usually where the pointless arguments begins.
Dec 8, 2008 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
I wasted 3 years of my life on the iRO sakray server. I have a 9x High Priest, 8x Assassin cross, and 9x baby monk. I quit like a two years ago because the game kinda got stupid after trans classes came out. Hurr durr EDP Soul link lex dual megin elemental enchant SB enjoy 50k damage.

Back in the GY days it was a lot of fun, though. Mag parties were a blast.
Dec 8, 2008 3:52 PM

Dec 2008
LMAO!
altho, there is a point.
sumone said that they havnt changed much.
Which my question is. WTH DO THEY DO WITH THE MONEY?!?!?!?!
thats my question.
Dec 8, 2008 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
What else, except spending it on personal interests?

Wonder how much money they are profiting though.
Dec 8, 2008 4:08 PM

Dec 2008
Tachii said:
What else, except spending it on personal interests?

Wonder how much money they are profiting though.

Possible millions! ... actually, theres not that many people on the english server. but Korean server! must be ALOT!
Dec 10, 2008 6:20 AM
May 2007
I had a pure brewer biochemist. I owned the server's economy.

Then I got bored and made an AGI/DEX DS sniper and an AGI/LUK falcon sniper. I owned some MVPs.

Then I got bored and stopped playing.

The end.

PS: Rudra bows are sweet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - May 7

11 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

22 by whitebeartigtig »»
4 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

14 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 hours ago

» The Mike Pollock drama that is going on recently will go down in history!

funtime43_tr - May 4

7 by herry98 »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

62 by paintpixie »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.