Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 13, 2013 4:01 PM
Mar 2011
all slice of life anime/manga/ anything needs to be realistically
,bulit or its not a slice of life is it that why sazae san maruko [tesuko no tabi are the best in that genre cause they are real
BY defferntion slice of life
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 13, 2013 4:02 PM
Mar 2011
Tavor said:
DateYutaka said:

my view is thus
if its sometimg that can happen in real life it best be realistically written or there is a disconnect is there not
never said that but sorry but any one wo can say toradora is a realistic built romance story is not of there right mind if you compare it too Maison Ikkoku
more realistic build of romance with better more Likeabe leads that you what to see work out caude there both ikable from the start of the story whle for most of the story taiga is hatefull and the guy is bland as sin

Aye, you're missing the point here. Did this thread call for the 'best' romance/SoL? Did this thread call for 'realistic' writing?
Nope, you're simply recommending anime to expand the OP's horizons on this genre; nothing more or less.

then id say start with the best then work your way down
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Feb 13, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
DateYutaka said:

That's a rather quick way to lose interest in that genre. You end up comparing SoL anime that's considered your personal 'best' and becoming a victim of yourself for being disappointed other SoL didn't stack up to the best.
Yes, I did recommend Clannad, but as others pointed out, it's best not to start with Clannad head-on, and I would agree.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 13, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
Since you give Kami Nomi 8 just try the sequel it was better than the first. Try Kokoro Connect too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 13, 2013 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
DateYutaka said:
Maison Ikkoku- simply put the best non Shojo romance manga and anime every made

First of all, if you're giving a person an entry slice of life series, you don't give them a 96 episode series.

DateYutaka said:
all slice of life anime/manga/ anything needs to be realistically ,bulit or its not a slice of life is it that why sazae san maruko [tesuko no tabi are the best in that genre cause they are real
BY defferntion slice of life

It's hard to understand what you're writing, but slice of life animes don't have to be carbon copies of real life. In fact, if a slice of life anime portrayed the reality of an actual high school student, it would be:

Wake up.
Go to school.
Do sports.
Come home.
Do homework.
Sleep.
Repeat process.

Just because it's more realistic doesn't make it better in any way. Can it make a series better in cases? Of course.
Feb 13, 2013 4:28 PM
Mar 2011
Tavor said:
DateYutaka said:

That's a rather quick way to lose interest in that genre. You end up comparing SoL anime that's considered your personal 'best' and becoming a victim of yourself for being disappointed other SoL didn't stack up to the best.
Yes, I did recommend Clannad, but as others pointed out, it's best not to start with Clannad head-on, and I would agree.

its best not to begin with any Kyo ani

side note
Try touch
Romance yes
Sports = the SOL part

and alsi id give shin Chan a chance [ not the god awfull butched funi dub either]

its Lucky Star before Lucky Star and Moe [ in humor style]

note before you say i hate SOL lokk at my fave atm
three SOL
and
on borderline SOL

Feb 13, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2011
Try School Days lol jt (just trolling)
Feb 13, 2013 4:37 PM
Mar 2011
Tesuko no tabi best sol of the past decade hands down[ i know its subbed to EP 8 ] but once you seen 3 episdoes you cpuld view raw and still find it funny cause its got the same humor style in each and the joke are alot less insular than say lucky star [ fyi i like lucky star] but the humor style is very lnsual

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

3 by Dariat »»
2 hours ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - Today

7 by H_Castaigne »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
6 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

33 by Donkunsan »»
6 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.