Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
how to watch black lagoon?
Dec 28, 2012 1:30 AM

Oct 2009
i usually watch subs but since there black guy should i go dubs?
Dec 28, 2012 1:30 AM

Jun 2009
however you want it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2012 1:32 AM
Mar 2012
start by turning off your computer
Dec 28, 2012 1:36 AM

Mar 2012
Judging by your avatar, I'm assuming you speak English.
In that case, watch the dub. It's well-done and makes more sense since there are American characters and the accents some of the other characters should have are present.

Take it from someone who's unbiased and has seen both versions on the actual DVDs (meaning professional subtitles), the dub is superior.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 28, 2012 1:39 AM

Oct 2009
Negative-Travis said:
In that case, watch the dub. It's well-done and makes more sense since there are American characters and the accents some of the other characters should have are present.

Take it from someone who's unbiased and has seen both versions on the actual DVDs (meaning professional subtitles), the dub is superior.

yea i'm a native english speaker. that is exactly why i was considering dubs for this (since it looks like there are americans and whatnot) even though i usually watch with subs.

very helpful post, thanks brotha
Dec 28, 2012 1:40 AM

Mar 2012
RandomChampion said:
Negative-Travis said:

yea i'm a native english speaker. that is exactly why i was considering dubs for this (since it looks like there are americans and whatnot) even though i usually watch with subs.

Not a problem.
I'd also suggest watching it on the biggest screen you can, it's that kinda show.
Dec 28, 2012 1:42 AM

Aug 2012
The Black Lagoon Dub is one of the only dubs that was well done. It also fits better as they are actually speaking English and only Japanese for the benefit of the audience in Japan.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Dec 28, 2012 1:47 AM

Oct 2009
Negative-Travis said:
RandomChampion said:
Negative-Travis said:

Not a problem.
I'd also suggest watching it on the biggest screen you can, it's that kinda show.

nice i got that covered, fortunately. my friend threw his black lagoon dvds my way since he got some blu ray version coming. otherwise it would be watching on my small computer screen lol

Stocky said:
The Black Lagoon Dub is one of the only dubs that was well done. It also fits better as they are actually speaking English and only Japanese for the benefit of the audience in Japan.

another personal testament is good enough to make the decision then

thanks for the inupt yo
Dec 28, 2012 1:48 AM

Dec 2011
Stocky said:

Nope, no one is actually speaking English except in that one arc where they go to the USA. Most of the time, they're speaking a magical language that enables them all (two Usians, a Japanese, a Chinese, Russian mafia, Chinese mafia and of course everyone in a fictional Thai city) to understand each other.

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
Dec 28, 2012 1:49 AM

Mar 2012
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Nope, no one is actually speaking English except in that one arc where they go to the USA. Most of the time, they're speaking a magical language that enables them all (two Usians, a Japanese, a Chinese, Russian maffia, Chinese maffia and of course everyone in a fictional Thai city) to understand each other.

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
You're wrong, get out.
Dec 28, 2012 1:51 AM

Dec 2011
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Nope, no one is actually speaking English except in that one arc where they go to the USA. Most of the time, they're speaking a magical language that enables them all (two Usians, a Japanese, a Chinese, Russian maffia, Chinese maffia and of course everyone in a fictional Thai city) to understand each other.

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
You're wrong, get out.

Piss off.
Dec 28, 2012 1:51 AM

Mar 2012
phnsr said:
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
You're wrong, get out.

Piss off.

Nah, but you're free to.
I'm no longer contributing to the derailment of this thread.
Dec 28, 2012 1:53 AM

Dec 2011
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
You're wrong, get out.

Piss off.

Nah, but you're free to.

That's very nice of you, but you should have thought of that before you actually did it for no real reason other than to derail the thread. Asshole.
Dec 28, 2012 1:58 AM

Oct 2009
o damn it getting chippy in here lol

anyways guys, ima be watching it in dubs since it's winnin;, and 2 people, including negative-travis who has the experience of watching both dubs and subs, recommends dubs

thankd for the input everyone though
Dec 28, 2012 1:59 AM
Mar 2012
no problem
Dec 28, 2012 2:01 AM

Oct 2009
Shaduge said:
no problem

u can kiss my ass lol
Jun 24, 2013 5:52 PM

Mar 2013
phnsr said:
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Negative-Travis said:
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Black Lagoon is not Black Lagoon in the subbed version.

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.
You're wrong, get out.

Piss off.

Nah, but you're free to.

That's very nice of you, but you should have thought of that before you actually did it for no real reason other than to derail the thread. Asshole.

Black Lagoon is not Black Lagoon in the subbed version.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Jun 24, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
Dubs.
Jun 18, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
Seriously, what's with all the dub love for this series?

I'm not against dubs, I've watched Cowboy Bebop and Ergo Proxy, two of my favourite animes, dubbed. However, I really can't stand the BL dubs.

Yes I get that the characters actually speak English, and 2nd Barage's Engrish passages are absolutely dreadfull. Still, you're missing a lot with the dubs. For example, Balalaika's epic original English with a thick Russian accent.

More importantly though, the dubs completely change the atmosphere at times. First of all; in all the scenes where Rock acts as an interpreter, the audio focus is shifted from Rock's interpretation to the original text. And when Dutch recognises a Sartre quote he is guessing in the dubs, but with the subs he is sure, implying that he has at least some basic philisophical knowledge. Finally, the ending is completely changed by the dub because of Revy's tone.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 18, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2013
i usually prefer subs but dubbed is pretty good to. To be honest i watched them both subbed first then later on i watched the dubbed

the subbed i did enjoy because it was funny any time revi talked in english loved it
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jan 25, 2021 9:42 PM
Sep 2020
phnsr said:
Stocky said:

Nope, no one is actually speaking English except in that one arc where they go to the USA. Most of the time, they're speaking a magical language that enables them all (two Usians, a Japanese, a Chinese, Russian mafia, Chinese mafia and of course everyone in a fictional Thai city) to understand each other.

Therefore, subs.

Always subs.

Just subs.

Your wrong there are multiple jokes that only make sense if the main cast is speaking English, the show is written from the perspective of the main cast speaking English the sub is just meant to cater toward the Japanese audience. The way the shows language works is similar to The Great Pretender were different people speak in different languages.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

seita - Aug 23, 2008

132 by Scarface_1 »»
Apr 16, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

djinn_690 - May 25, 2008

141 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slashed - Feb 27, 2008

164 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

» Sub or dub? ( 1 2 )

Headpatts - Oct 17, 2022

50 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 16, 2008

81 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.