Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should the next season be serious or a comedy?
Nov 6, 2008 7:48 PM

May 2008
Thought I'd create a poll to get peoples views for the next series...

Would you prefer it to be another comedy in the style of Fumoffu? Or straight to the point with another serious series (Ala Fmp & Tsr) although naturally with comic elements.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 7, 2008 1:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It'd be great if it had both. I don't want a full-comedy series as I'd want some more progress of the story.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 13, 2008 3:45 AM

Oct 2007
If there is to be a next season then it would be based on at least the next 2 novels (Dancing Very Merry Christmas & Continuing On My Own), which almost have no comedy whatsoever. They develop the story nicely and are completely action-oriented, only bits of comedy in DVMC. Here are my reviews that give you an idea of what to expect:

A Dancing Very Merry Christmas

Continuing On My Own
Master10KNov 13, 2008 3:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2008 2:07 PM
Apr 2008
I'd want a sort of mixture like the first series, because fumoffu was hilarious but not the same series in many ways, and TSR was just far too serious.

Jan 17, 2009 7:45 AM

Jan 2009
i dont like it too serious.. i loved it because of its comedy really. but meh.
Jan 19, 2009 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
i agree with master m2k. a mixture like the first would be nice. action riented but with comedy.
Jan 21, 2009 12:18 PM
Jan 2008
I loved the darkness in TSR! As far as I'm concerned, the next seasons will be a Dancing Very Merry Christmas and Continuing On My Own, like Master_M2K said.
I can hardly wait. :)
Jan 21, 2009 6:50 PM
Apr 2008
Serious. I can't wait for the storyline to continue.
Jan 22, 2009 12:05 PM

Jun 2008
If KyoAni (or another studio) will make continuation of the story, it will be more Serious then first, and second season, I have read the novels( i'm waiting for the last one) and I can say that the storyline is more dark but there is still much funny things. Action after TSR is the most interesting for me.

The novels after TSR are:

1. DVMC - Dancing Very Merry Christmas
2. COMO - Continuing ON MY OWN
3. TMMD - Tsudoku Make My Day
4. BOMF - Burning One Man force
5. NOT - Nick Of Time
jolecJan 22, 2009 12:09 PM
Feb 9, 2009 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
I vote for a mix of serious and comedy. That's what makes FMP so good.
Feb 10, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2007
jolec said:
The novels after TSR are:

1. DVMC - Dancing Very Merry Christmas
2. COMO - Continuing ON MY OWN
3. TMMD - Tsudoku Make My Day
4. BOMF - Burning One Man force
5. NOT - Nick Of Time

Isn't BOMF - Burning One Man force before CMMD - Come Make My Day.

hastij04 said:
I vote for a mix of serious and comedy. That's what makes FMP so good.

Well actually after DVMC (Dancing Very Merry Christmas), the story gets notably darker with heaps of action & drama. Sure there's still some comedy but even that's dark; like Sousuke being interrogated in BOMF and Tessa swearing in CMMD. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2009 5:56 AM
Apr 2009
They can not make the serious story any better, so definately comedy!
May 7, 2009 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
Well actually the story becomes very sad so comedy is less likely, I almost started crying when I read the story...Damn Amalgam!
May 7, 2009 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
Actually something hilarious did happen in Approaching the Nick Of Time. Kurz and Sousuke was talking about SEX and Tessa overheard them and... well here's what they said.
May 7, 2009 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
oh well regardless of whether it's serious or comedy i still want more FMP

i wold still love to see that scene that m2k described. i can imagine the look on Tessa's face
May 8, 2009 4:51 AM

Apr 2009
Well I`ve read all the novels and its pretty sad :|
May 8, 2009 12:12 PM

Oct 2007
HVlad said:
Well I`ve read all the novels and its pretty sad :|

I must agree that was the most unexpected thing that has happened in the whole of Full Metal Panic.
May 9, 2009 1:12 AM

Apr 2009
Master_M2K said:

I must agree that was the most unexpected thing that has happened in the whole of Full Metal Panic.

Well Nami had the potential, I am not happy because she died, but if Sousuke would have stayed with Nami the whole story would have been dramatically changed...
May 9, 2009 3:28 PM
May 2009
(>'-')>``` Serious and Comedy````<('-'<)

I want the story line to continue but with some comedy ^-^
May 11, 2009 2:42 AM

Jun 2008
HVlad said:
Master_M2K said:

Well Nami had the potential, I am not happy because she died, but if Sousuke would have stayed with Nami the whole story would have been dramatically changed...

I'm happy that she died... she was really annjoying -.-'.

Thats whay I'm happy that Nami died...
May 11, 2009 6:18 AM

Oct 2007
jolec said:

Spoiler tags please, when discussing the novels. ^_^
May 11, 2009 6:25 AM

Apr 2009
jolec said:
HVlad said:
Master_M2K said:

Thats true but I don`t like it when people die, even though I am happy that Sousuke stays with Kaname...:-(
May 12, 2009 2:42 AM

Jun 2008
Master_M2K said:
jolec said:

HVlad said:
jolec said:
HVlad said:
Master_M2K said:

Thats true but I don`t like it when people die, even though I am happy that Sousuke stays with Kaname...:-(

"Happy" is a wrong word to describe it...

sorry for my mistakes... ^^ hope u understand what i meant
May 12, 2009 10:12 AM
Apr 2009
Well tbh a season with both elements would be great( not as serius as tsr).Fun with action rocks.
May 12, 2009 10:25 AM

Apr 2009
jolec said:
HVlad said:
Master_M2K said:

I feel the same, except the Nami dieing thing...
May 13, 2009 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
HVlad said:

BTW... That Yami battle was kickass! Just the thought of it someday being animated makes me wanna jizz in my pantz. The same can be said about the whole of Continuing on My Own. ^_^
May 13, 2009 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Master_M2K said:
HVlad said:

BTW... That Yami battle was kickass! Just the thought of it someday being animated makes me wanna jizz in my pantz. The same can be said about the whole of Continuing on My Own. ^_^

Me too, but if they will animate the first Sousuke vs Leonard battle they will have to add things because it was kinda short...
May 15, 2009 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
HVlad said:
Me too, but if they will animate the first Sousuke vs Leonard battle they will have to add things because it was kinda short...
True... I was like "why is this Arbalest so damn weak compared to the Belial?" But I really think they made Leonard's AS uber-powerful. It's basically like the Gundams in Gundam 00 but with a Lambda Driver as its main offensive weapon.
May 26, 2009 9:10 PM
Mar 2009
im leaning more towards comedy but its actually kinda hard to say, i mean, the 1st 2 seasons had a mix of both, and fumoffu was mostly comedy.
i think i want both ;P
May 30, 2009 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
jolec said:
Master_M2K said:
jolec said:

HVlad said:
jolec said:
HVlad said:
Master_M2K said:

"Happy" is a wrong word to describe it...

sorry for my mistakes... ^^ hope u understand what i meant

Btw your Horo avatar is nice...she`s sweet!<drool>
Jun 14, 2009 8:52 PM
Jan 2008
its goin be both!!! but maybe more to the serious since the plot needs to start rolling and sousuke needs to confess his love for kaname. lol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What the hell is Bonta-kun?

Ken-san - Nov 14, 2007

44 by JibakuLotus »»
Jul 19, 2022 9:02 PM

Poll: » Kaname or Tessa ( 1 2 3 )

Alipio - Aug 14, 2009

104 by schaffmaria »»
Sep 27, 2018 2:03 PM

» Zero and Another

removed-user - Dec 18, 2014

0 by removed-user »»
Dec 18, 2014 10:46 AM

» FMP! Announcement Teased in Dragon Magazine!

zensunni - May 21, 2013

10 by zensunni »»
Oct 21, 2014 7:10 PM

» Favourite moments in the series!

hlrsyed - Feb 18, 2014

1 by Pungene7 »»
May 23, 2014 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.