Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2012 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
Yea, so I was planning on watching this with my girlfriend tonight, but unlike me, she's not that much of an anime lover (she thinks i'm too obsessed at times) and she's even less of a Final Fantasy fan. Although at times we'll watch anime films, and tonight I was thinking to bring this bad boy out. I myself haven't watched it yet, but I would like to hear what everyone's recommendation is, especially the ladies.

Ta-ta for now!!
Oct 20, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
definitely not worth watching it with your gf as she will not get the references if she's never played the game and she may think animation is ok for a few minutes but will get bored of it as it drags on...I liked the movie because I've played the game and pretty much know the characters so it hit close to home reliving some of them, but I have watched it with my wife and she left the seat after only a few minutes as she found it boring....
Oct 20, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
not really...
Oct 20, 2012 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed it and I never followed Final Fantasy back then. I followed it right after the movie though, sick games! =p
Oct 20, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
Nah, bad idea...

I know some girls not in anime who do like Ghibli movies, should try that out... Or maybe 5 cm per second.
Oct 20, 2012 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
EratiK said:
Nah, bad idea...

I know some girls not in anime who do like Ghibli movies, should try that out... Or maybe 5 cm per second.

Yeah I watched the entire 1st season of Pokemon with her and she. Loved it! Same thing with Princess Mononoke. But after a few bombs, I really need internet help from strangers
May 12, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
no... just forget it. you will never understand the movie. this movie is like sequel of FF7

May 19, 2013 10:46 AM
Apr 2011
It's fine, i don't play FF7, but i have play FF from SNES.
And i realy enjoyed it, and i have watch it again and again, and still interesting.
I have sister that not realy like anime, but she enjoyed this anime and want more...
i have nephew that not like anime, but like this too.
Feb 21, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
Watched the movie today never played a game as I think thei're shit (the gameplay is boring) but I got the jist as to what was going on. Its still a pretty shitty movie tough feels way to pretentious and most of the characters are pretty shit. All said tough I still enjoyed it, especially the bald guy and the read haired one, those two where the best characters in this show, seriously. Also epic epic fights. But other than thoose 2 things there isnt much good about this movie really.
Apr 17, 2014 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
baki502 said:
Watched the movie today never played a game as I think thei're shit (the gameplay is boring) but I got the jist as to what was going on. Its still a pretty shitty movie tough feels way to pretentious and most of the characters are pretty shit. All said tough I still enjoyed it, especially the bald guy and the read haired one, those two where the best characters in this show, seriously. Also epic epic fights. But other than thoose 2 things there isnt much good about this movie really.

Oh man, how could you say FFVII is a shit if you never played it? Damn haters...
If you haven't play the game it's obvious that you can't understand and enjoy the movie-.-"
Aug 24, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
Lismina said:
baki502 said:

Oh man, how could you say FFVII is a shit if you never played it? Damn haters...
If you haven't play the game it's obvious that you can't understand and enjoy the movie-.-"

Apparently simple things that require the most common level of logic is not obvious to some people.
Sep 16, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
So I guess after the FF7 remake I can watch this

Oct 4, 2015 1:14 PM
Jan 2015
OriginANIME said:
I enjoyed it and I never followed Final Fantasy back then. I followed it right after the movie though, sick games! =p

me too, I played the game 'cause I loved the movie so much <3
Dec 29, 2019 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
I mean I haven't played ff7 but I gave this a 10/10 but I also watched this to prep for ff7 remake cause I plan to play that. So if your gf is a normie then prob not. If she shows some remote interest then go ahead. I feel like for someone who hasnt played the series theres a lot of intrigue in this movie. And theres some nice comedy with Reno and Rude. Maybe just explain who some characters are. Cause I have a vague understanding of the characters since Ive played kh and Im familiar with jrpgs so I can roughly guess whos in the main party and what relationships they may have with each other.
Jul 11, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2017
Not really as non ff fans are going to be pretty lost with this film.

Jul 19, 2021 12:20 PM
Dec 2020
baki502 said:
😂😂😂😂 good joke man
Jun 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Apr 2023
You're going to have to really like ff7 alot to really enjoy this film otherwise you're going to be lost alot of the times during the movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children: Complete Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SwordWielder - Apr 19, 2009

104 by -Hyunckel- »»
Sep 2, 2022 8:15 AM

Poll: » Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children complete dub or sub?

HasHash - Feb 17, 2015

15 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 5:43 AM

» Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete?

yukino17 - Feb 10, 2009

14 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 7:29 PM

» Question?

Eiennoousama - Jan 3, 2011

2 by Jest »»
Jan 9, 2011 6:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.