Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2012 7:11 AM

Feb 2010
Preferably something like Juuni Kokuki, Seirei no Moribito and Kemono no Souja Erin. I would like the focus to be on character interactions/developments rather than flashy actions. Something with more substance behind it.
Sep 25, 2012 7:50 AM
Sep 2012
Try Tears to Tiara and Michiko to Hatchin.
Sep 25, 2012 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
Is Michiko No Hatchin really worth it? I tried the first episodes, maybe through the 3rd but the plot seemed so dull to me I dropped it. Since the chara design and the Madhouse style it emanates I am definitely going to try it again, but does the story take a turn at all?
Sep 25, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2010
Elleir said:
Is Michiko No Hatchin really worth it? I tried the first episodes, maybe through the 3rd but the plot seemed so dull to me I dropped it. Since the chara design and the Madhouse style it emanates I am definitely going to try it again, but does the story take a turn at all?

The story is mostly what you seen; a child, a mother, a missing dad, and a bunch of drama.

Sep 25, 2012 2:25 PM
Jul 2012
Yeah Michiko to Hatchin isn't anything special, really

Anyway watch first FMA before doing the mistake of watching only Brotherhood

.hack//SIGN fits what you described but on the extreme, it's mostly talking and it got like 10 minutes of action in total but it can be very interesting

Outlaw Star has a world that some people feel very attached too, it's action based but still worth watching, aged well imo

Durarara's point was about trying to pull you in this city so yeah try that as well

I'll finish with Ie Naki Ko and Mysterious Cities of Gold, they are both old and the worlds aren't exactly foreign with «magic» like the exemples you mentionned but they are still very engaging and great anime classics
Sep 25, 2012 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Hello there, live2win.

live2win said:
I would like the focus to be on character interactions/developments rather than flashy actions. Something with more substance behind it.

There are three anime listed under your Plan to Watch whose titles begin with Aria.

Solely in terms of character development, Kemono no Souja Erin displays inherent elements that are, in juxtaposition to the Aria franchise, ostensibly...err, pertaining to, essentially, that of a more "profound" nature. Therefore, to an extent, I was deterred from recommending Aria due to its degree of "actual" substance; its fundamental premise is somewhat lacking thereof - though, it should be noted, that the aforementioned, desired aspect is more prevalent upon the advent of the show's third season. However, this lapse of depth does not hinder nor mitigates both the unique ambiance and viewing experience with which Aria ever so elegantly presents. Why not introduce yourself to the mesmerizing world of Neo-Venezia?

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 6 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
5 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.