Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would you like it if it was animated?
Sep 8, 2012 10:18 PM

Dec 2009
I'd LOVE to have it animated, its such a great and amazing Visual Novel,
Rin's would be confuzing and Shizune's would be extremly hard.

But either way I would so LOVE to watch it as an anime!
and I've always wondered this... why hasn't it become an anime?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 12, 2012 11:45 PM

Jun 2011
As much as I would like to see Katawa Shoujo animated, I highly doubt it ever will become an anime. I'm sure there're good reasons for it not being animated. Thinking about how the animated version of KS would look like in my head plays out pretty well but I have a feeling it won't leave as strong an impact on the viewers as the visual novel does, just a hunch.

But the thought of it is always interesting .. I would love to see the animated Shizune.
Shizune: "...!" *arms flailing about with her =3 face*
Sep 18, 2012 5:46 PM
Sep 2012
I would love to see an anime of katawa shoujo. I will pay a lot of money if i can be Kenji.
Jun 15, 2013 4:30 PM
Feb 2013
waalex11 said:
But either way I would so LOVE to watch it as an anime!
and I've always wondered this... why hasn't it become an anime?

Well, I think most of it is because the game only came out around January 2012 so there really hasn't been much time for someone to press for an adaption. The other reason is because 4 Leaf Studios is such a fledgling company which only came into existence throughout the creation of Katawa Shoujo.
Nov 19, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Personally I would love it if they made an anime for Katawa Shoujo! But the problem with that is the fact that whose route would the anime follow? There is about 10+ endings to katawa shoujo, all of which I haven't experience yet, so going from a directors point of view, which route would they take? Imagine all the bad reviews it would get (since there are five characters you can "hook up with" because I don't think Misha counts) when they pick one and only one of those characters. Its sad to say, but I just don't see it happening logically. :(
fimbiNov 19, 2013 9:48 PM
Dec 20, 2013 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
As much as I loved the game, I don't want it to become animated. One of the main reasons it was so beautiful and enjoyable was that you could make the choices and chose the route.
Dec 31, 2013 6:07 AM
Jun 2013
I'd love to see it but I'm sure I wouldn't like it nearly as much as I liked the visual novel. They'd probably either have to do one route, which would suck or just do every route. And it would probably end up being a 10-12 episode anime so they wouldn't really have time to focus on every path. Then again, I did enjoy yosuga no sora so I guess it wouldn't be impossible.

I don't see it happening though. And that's probably good.
Jan 4, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
I think it would be extremly difficult if not impossible to make an anime out of KS.
I mean you could make an anime from the most popular route and add some other endings as speacials or make a movie sized episode for each route.
maybe we should start spamming KS threads on every 4chan forum and someday a couple of people will actually make an anime from it^^
I definitely would watch it^^
"After I die make me a penguin. I like penguins."
- Yoru no Ou
Apr 14, 2014 10:15 PM

Jan 2014
A Katawa Shoujo anime could work, and here's why.

You think that since that there is 5 arcs, it would be difficult to show all 5 arcs in a anime.

But if you look at the anime masterpiece, Clannad, it made it look easy.

Clannad was based off a visual novel and it worked like any other: You go through arcs centered around a girl. And even though there was several different arcs you could take, in the anime, they only focused on one of the girls. The other girls where in the anime, but were not the main focus.

If Katawa Shoujo were to be turned into an anime, I think it would work if they focused on one of the girls.
And since many, many people love Hanako, it would be no surprise if Hanako would be the main female character in this Katawa Shoujo anime.

So if a Katawa Shoujo anime were to be announced, I can see it working.
Jul 8, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
If it was animated It would need to have a structure like Amagami SS, for those who don't know it has a root story. Maybe the first 2 episodes would focus on act 1, then you would have say 3-4 episodes dedicated to each of the characters. I doubt this will ever get a animation though because - reasons.
Jul 16, 2014 4:01 AM

May 2008
KS will never be animated. It was created to be a FREE game and its creative commons license prevents people from making money off of it.

Someone could very well make an anime, but legally they would have to release it for free thanks to intellectual property laws. Due to the cost of such, it will never be done, ever, because releasing things for free is not in the best interest of any conceivable animation studio.

I'm not even going to get into how it was a collaborative effort and there is no single individual to which the IP belongs and how that makes buying a license in the first place impossible.
Jul 18, 2014 8:11 AM

Aug 2012
Katawa Shoujo could be an anime from my experience with visual novel adaptations. There have been plenty of incredible ones, like Clannad, Kanon, Air, Mashiroiro Symphony, A Bridge to the Starry Skies, The Rose Madder Colored Hills... well, you get the idea.

The thing is, I'm a little worried about the fact that it was originally made by a bunch of people on 4chan. I haven't had much experience with companies that make visual novels before, so I don't really know what it takes to get a visual novel adapted into an anime or a manga. Also, the fact that it's a free game you can download, the creators aren't being paid for it, so an anime would be difficult to get around, copyright laws and such.

But what it looks like most of you are worried about is the fact that there are 5 different girls Hisao could choose from, and from most experiences I've had with visual novel adaptations (probably like most of you as well), the main guy only chooses one girl. HOWEVER, there are some anime like a personal favorite of mine, Yosuga no Sora, where it dedicates 3 episodes to each girl in the series, and once they get together at the end of that arc, it goes back to where it first begins, and the next girls arc begins. The same thing with Amagami SS, great anime, and you get to see the main character get with each of the girls. It was good enough to get a sequel as well.

So overall, making an anime would be a good idea, it would work out among the fanbase and other viewers, but legally... not quite sure about it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » If you could Add 1 More Path?

JXEcute - Apr 10, 2012

31 by nobracommander »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:48 AM

» Picture Thread~

GamzeeMakara - Aug 14, 2009

5 by SierraLarson »»
Sep 28, 2023 7:37 AM

» What % completion are you in the VN?

waalex11 - Sep 14, 2012

7 by Strannik_0 »»
Mar 12, 2023 5:22 AM

» Any more?

ZmBiUnicorn - Oct 1, 2014

1 by Strannik_0 »»
Mar 11, 2023 10:57 AM

Poll: » Which character is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

GamzeeMakara - Jun 26, 2009

58 by Strannik_0 »»
Feb 21, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.