Forum Settings
Forums

[DISCUSS] Storngest mage in fairy tail guild???

New
Aug 17, 2012 8:58 PM
Oct 2011
by far including the manga we have seen the mages act who do you think is the strongest......

i will say
Laxus of course he is my fav but taking his father's guild soo fast crushing into the second master of fairy tail head on he is super strong

ofcourse there are other such as
erza-took those monsters can be called as strong as one of the 10 saints
natsu-who saw him taking down the strongest dragon slayer team byhimself-well not yet but probably :D
mirajane-welll
gildarts-what can i say epic:D
i wonder about gray-he didnt look so promising by far

any other i havent written?
xHecateMay 17, 2015 4:50 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 18, 2012 11:29 AM

May 2011
Excluding Makarov.

I'd go with

Gildarts >= Laxus > Erza.

Though, Laxus has the potential to easily surpass Gildarts as he slowly gains experience.
Kayaba-Aug 20, 2012 9:57 PM
Aug 20, 2012 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
I think Gildarts is by far the strongest :D
I mean, Natsu was crying in fear before him and stuff~ :)
Then there's Laxus of course~
Aug 21, 2012 7:38 AM

Jan 2011
Gildarts>All
[size=200]Osu!
[/size]
Dec 10, 2012 10:37 AM

Oct 2009
At the moment it's like:

Gildartz >= Laxus > Erza >= Mirajane

with Natsu having the potential to be the strongest.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Feb 12, 2013 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
At this moment in manga i think it's like and excluding Makarov:

Gildartz > Laxus >= Erza > Mirajane >= Natsu

I say natsu is stronger then Mirajane or even Erza , come on he defeat alone two dragon slayers in Dragon Force mode.

Guildartz is the stronger can discuss that and i think he is stronger than Makarov, he make natsu cry like a baby.

I think Laxus and Erza are in the same level, Erza defeat 100 monsters alone and Laxus a entire Raven Tail team and now wanna wait to see hes battle with Jura =D
Feb 15, 2013 1:31 AM
Oct 2011
well now after what ive seen it seems like the dragon slayers gajeel and natsu are in a completely different level. what do you think?

erza might be in pair with laxus but i think not im thinking no im sure he is holding back

darn i hate it laxus is getting small parts

natsu and gajeel became super cool with their new soo called powers

but any way i think we will get to see laxus dragon mode soon and because of what ivan said i think he will become the next master or at least have his moment of fame

erza=laxus maybe but its hard to believe since we havent seen laxus getting serious
Feb 15, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
Well whitejaw lets w8 for Laxus vs Jura vs Orga
Mar 18, 2013 5:56 AM

Mar 2013
i guess i'll put Laxus first. he has shown outrageous battles even from the start.

but gildarts, as well as erza, mirajane, gajeel, gray, juvia and natsu are also strong! if they are to form a team, that would probably the strongest of all!
Mar 22, 2013 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
After all of this chapters ii think

Gildartz = Laxus > Erza = Natsu > Mirajane
Mar 24, 2013 3:22 PM
Mar 2013
I would say after seeing the latest episode gildarts - natsu it depends on the outcome from episode 176 :p but natsu surpassed erza and mirajane. Gajeel and laxus are equal to natsu imo since laxus beaten raventale solo.
Mar 26, 2013 5:26 AM

Feb 2013
Laxus (maybe makarov)

dnt kno if mirajane has shown her true strenght yet.

natsu and gajeel has become incredibly strong after 'second origin' ( as u will see in episode 174)
Mar 26, 2013 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
laurian said:
I would say after seeing the latest episode gildarts - natsu it depends on the outcome from episode 176 :p but natsu surpassed erza and mirajane. Gajeel and laxus are equal to natsu imo since laxus beaten raventale solo.

episode 175* u mean.
Mar 26, 2013 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Ah!
Gildarts > Laxus > Natsu > Erza = Mirajane
Excluding Makarov >.<
But at the same time, it can be hard to tell who is truly the most powerful...after all, you think you know how powerful Natsu is, but then he gets even more powerful! Because they are all so passionate and because their feelings make them stronger, the mages of fairy tail always surprise us and get stronger when they truly need it....so Its hard to tell but so far, this is what I have seen.
May 15, 2013 9:41 PM
Mar 2013
1st Gildarts
2nd Erza
3rd Laxus
4th Natsu
5th Mirajane
Jul 6, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
Gildarts and Laxus.

||
Jul 16, 2013 4:06 AM
Mar 2012
not including makorav

i'd have to say
1) gildarts
2) mirajane
3) erza / laxus

but i think that when the anime goes further that natsu and gajeel have a spot in the top 3
Jul 21, 2013 4:56 AM

Jul 2013
1) Makarov
2) Gildarts
3) Erza / Laxus / Mystogan
4) Natsu / Mirajane
5) Gray / Gajeel / Juvia / Freed
Jul 24, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
Not including Makarov as he's guild leader and Gildarts as he just OP it would have to be in my opinion

Laxus
Mirajane ( <3 )
Erza
Mystogan ( I dunno why I kinda find him weak

out of non s-class'

Natsu
Freed
Gray/Gajeel
Juvia/Wendy
Cana (come on she has to be high if you know who she's related to)
Elfman/ and the girl from the Thundertribe who's name i have forgotten (sorry)
Bickslow

The rest in random order depending on their importance in the episode
"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"
Jul 30, 2013 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
imo, these are my 5.
1; gildarts
2; jellal/mystogan
3; laxus
4; lfd natsu (if not lfd natsu, then erza goes here)
5; erza/mira
INF8NITYJul 30, 2013 5:39 PM

⋮ 〔 フェアリーテイル/ FAIRY TAIL。〕 ↷ Watch/Read it if you haven't!
Jul 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
I have to go with Laxus. He defeated the entire Raven Tail guild and won against Jura - and that is SOMETHING.
Sep 16, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2013
1. Makarov
2. Gildarts
3. Erza
4. Natsu
5. Laxus
Sep 17, 2013 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Probably out of Gildartz and Laxus for me. ;o
Sep 27, 2013 9:05 AM
Sep 2013
1. Gildarts
2. Laxus
3. Makarov
4. Natsu
5. Erza

The reason I have put Laxus above Makarov, is because even though Makarov is very powerful, we have seen he doesn't have the best health. Laxus has youth and immense power on his side so I think if they were ever in a no holds bar fight, Laxus would come out on top.
Sep 27, 2013 8:53 PM

Sep 2013
I'm Laxus-biased so Laxus it is.

Though it's probably gildarts. /cough
Fairy Tail's Super Saiyan.

Oct 27, 2013 12:51 PM
Oct 2013
Excluding Makarov, from what I've seen of the series so far (Just started the Games arc- the last released arc I believe)....

1. Gildarts
2. Laxus
3. Erza
4. Natsu- but I think Natsu at the end will be stronger than everyone. I always thought that if Natsu didn't mess around so much he could probably be the new Master. He has the greatest potential out of everyone by far. The spurts of strength we see from him could easily take down Laxus and Erza.

The series made Gray seem a lot stronger than he appeared. I barely noticed any progression in his strength or technique.
But I will give an HONORABLE MENTION to Lucy who improved just as much as Natsu did (obviously not to his level but in comparison to when she joined). I did not take her seriously at all in the beginning but she proved she is worthy to be there :)
Jan 17, 2014 10:58 AM

Mar 2013
1 Gildarts, like thats even a question
2, laxus
3. Erza, it would be Mystagon though if he was still around.
4. mirajane
5. A three way tie between Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel
May 9, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
natsu
Aug 6, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2014
Laxus most likely right under Makarov
Aug 11, 2014 9:09 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty sure it's been established in the manga that Gildarts is the strongest in the guild (excluding Makarov). He was chosen as Makarov's successor, the only one that stood up to Acnologia alone and survived, plus the city MOVES to avoid him. Whether he is stronger than Makarov is up to debate since he isn't a Wizard Saint, but then Makarov is getting older...

It's harder to argue for the others since yes Laxus took on Jura and Raventail; meanwhile Natsu took on two 3rd gen dragon slayers, BUT Erza also took on Kagura (#1 in Mermaid Heel) and then Minerva (who is suppose to be strongest in her Guild too as she was the 5 pointer IIRC). So basically I'd say these 3 are pretty much equal in magical power. Laxus and Erza are officially stronger than Natsu being S-class though.

edit: But yeah obviously Natsu will be the strongest one in the end as per usual shounen trends. Not that it's a bad thing. I love seeing an underdog become the best~
soaring_wingsAug 19, 2014 9:53 PM
Aug 19, 2014 4:38 AM
Jun 2013
It's really hard to determine who the strongest is, but are my top 6 candidates (in no particular order):

Natsu - Defeated two 3rd generation Dragon Slayers by himself while they were both in Dragon Force mode, and did so without having to activate Lightning Flame mode or needing to achieve Dragon Force himself. He also defeated Jellal, who was one of the Ten Wizard Saints at that time.

Laxus - Defeated an entire guild by himself (Raven Tail, including the master). I'm a little doubtful because we don't know exactly how strong Raven Tail is. You can say that Raven Tail were strong enough to get into the Magic games in the first place, but Quattro Puppy got in as well and they are completely weak. Laxus also supposedly defeated one of the Ten Wizard Saints (Jura) but it was later revealed that Jura let him win because he was impressed by Laxus' will power (sorry for the spoiler). He can also K.O Natsu with one hit when Natsu is not serious, but other than that, we can't really tell how strong Laxus is.

Cana - It may seem weird to put her as a candidate for the strongest, but she is the only current member of Fairy Tail that is able to wield the power of Fairy Glitter. We have seen how much damage fairy Glitter can do (Over 9000!), it is also a very difficult spell to cast because it requires the user to be able to concentrate the light of the Sun, Moon, and the starts into one place. She also has Master Mavis' approval (which is something). Not to mention she is the daughter of Gildarts.

Wendy - When she is serious, I would say she is stronger than Gajeel. We underestimate her because she is kind and gentle, and prefers not to fight if not needed. She also likes to use support magic to aid hers friends in battle rather than jump into battle herself. However, when her friends are in danger, especially Carla, she doesn't hold back. She was also able to achieve Dragon Force, so I would put her at about the same level as Natsu.

Lucy - Even though her appearances in battles tend to be purely for fan service (e.g. being tossed around naked) Her potential is far greater than any other mage in Fairy Tail, we have yet to see her in an all out one on one battle with a strong enemy but she is able to summon all of her spirits at once if she gets serious. Her most powerful spell is Urano Metria where she calls upon the power of all 88 constellations and unleashes their energy onto one concentrated area. We have yet to see exactly how powerful this spell is, but its power is comparable to that of Fairy Glitter.

Erza - Defeated 100 demon monsters by herself including one that is said to be as strong as a Wizard Saint. She also blocked a fully charged magic beam cannon (Jupiter) by herself during the war with Phantom Lord. Ironically, although she specializes in armor requip magic, her strongest form is when she wears no armor at all, but instead concentrates all of her magic into her swords.

Omitted: Gildarts, (away most of the time). Master Makarov (because he's the master!)
sushiznAug 20, 2014 3:53 AM
Apr 8, 2015 12:01 PM
Feb 2015
i think Gildarts is by far the strongest in the guild (excluding Master Makarov)
Although Laxus does have the potential to Maybe Surpass him in the Future
Jul 31, 2015 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
1. Guildarts
2. Laxus
3. The rest
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Aug 2, 2015 1:22 PM
Aug 2015
I would say (excluding makorav of course) It would be gildarts>erza>laxus. Because gildarts...is well... gildarts. Then theres erza and laxus. In the Fairy tail vs. raijin tribe arc, when erza fought laxus, using her lightning empress armor, we can see that erza was probably going to win if natsu hadn't come running in, wanting to fight laxus. However judging from the type of story line fairy tail follows, natsu will probably be, at some point, the strongest mage in fairy tail. Also there is mirajane, who is on par with erza, depending on what part of the story were talking about. In 4rth it would be a tie between natsu, gray, and gajeel. However if we are talking about the strongest mage in the world of fairy tail, not just the guild, it would probably be zeref and END.
potatokittyAug 2, 2015 1:26 PM
Aug 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Oct 2014
well it's pretty clear it's Gildartz whose top

it's hard to call between laxus and erza butif laxus got dragon force even gildartz might not be stronger than him

natsu/gray no1 really thinks much of Gray but i'm sure he will always catch up to natsu

Gajeel/mira he hasn't even used dragon force yet so i'll put him with her

Wendy shes a dragon slayer. but can't forget about cana/freed/elfman/lucy
Aug 15, 2019 10:40 PM
Mar 2019
guildarts is a badass

and obviously natsu wiill be the strongest at the end of the anime,rip fairytail 2019 :(
Aug 21, 2019 10:19 PM

Jan 2018
Tough one because each and every member of Fairy Tail is stronger in there own way, I saw how every single member grew and struggle to be where they are now I’m proud of all the characters.. But I will choose who I believe has become powerful even though it’s tough to say !!

In order

1. Natsu
2. Erza
3. Gray
4. Laxus
5. Lucy
6. Wendy
7. Gajeel
Sep 17, 2019 9:48 AM
Aug 2013
Without counting Gildarts (the obvious) I think it would be Laxus, then Mirajane and Erza and then the rest, Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Juvia, Wendy, Lucy, etc...
Feb 23, 2020 12:18 PM

Dec 2019
Hmm Laxus and Erza are equal imo then Natsu and Mira i guess.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 1, 2020 6:03 AM

Jan 2020
Without counting Makarov and Gildarts, I'd say Laxus and Erza are pretty much equal, and then Natsu and Mira, and maybe Gray and Juvia.
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Aug 18, 2020 10:45 PM
Dec 2019
I'm confused... at least in the show, didn't they LITERALLY say that Gildarts was the most powerful mage and Erza was the most powerful female mage?

no?
just me?

okay then ._.
Mar 5, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 2021
I think Gildarts is the strongest, but Laxus has enormous potential.
Mar 12, 2021 8:29 PM
Mar 2021
Natsu was really strong
Feb 11, 2022 9:44 AM
Feb 2016
Gildarts
BMoria
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Need Some Fairy Tail Friends XD

DarkMatter111 - Aug 11, 2017

6 by Herobrine303 »»
Jun 9, 2022 4:16 AM

Poll: » Who is the Greatest Dragon Slayer?

Marvelman0219 - Aug 1, 2014

6 by Balrogofmoria100 »»
Feb 11, 2022 9:45 AM

» erza is she as great as people say NO

princessakura - Nov 24, 2018

3 by Lapiz_Shadow »»
Jun 17, 2021 3:02 PM

» does the relationship between cana and gildarts remind you of maka and soul from soul eater

princessakura - Aug 18, 2018

1 by Jukelyn »»
Jan 24, 2019 9:53 PM

» [DISCUSS] Hottest Guys in Fairy Tail

Jnonymous - Feb 17, 2013

42 by HeatherGrace »»
Apr 11, 2018 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.