Forum Settings
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2012 5:06 PM

Aug 2012
just what the title says...

I'd like to get the k-on movie on DVD for a friend but ofcourse,I want it to have english subtitles and I believe that the version that is out now doesn't have english subs?

any info if the current version on DVD has english subs?
any idea if there will ever be an official DVD release with english subs?

sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask this...I just registered to ask this one question :)
Aug 11, 2012 5:42 PM
Jun 2008
I don't know of any official release that includes English subs. But Sentai Filmworks has licensed & released K-ON! season two with English subs and dub, and if it sells well I imagine that they will also license the K-ON! movie.

Other English language distributors in Australia and England could also license the movie, but I suspect that they might wait for someone like Sentai to license it first so that they can sub-license the subs and dub, which can be cheaper than producing their own.

I think the K-ON franchise is too popular for the movie not to eventually get an English language release.
Aug 11, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
The DVD/BD release doesn't have english subs.
It wouldn't be surprising if it was licensed over here, though I'm pretty sure it would only be a dub.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 11, 2012 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
shairn said:
It wouldn't be surprising if it was licensed over here, though I'm pretty sure it would only be a dub.
Eh, why? The vast majority of anime DVD/BD's are dual audio now.
Aug 11, 2012 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
Demon_King_Jpem said:
shairn said:
Eh, why? The vast majority of anime DVD/BD's are dual audio now.
I admit I've never bought licensed anime, so I was just talking out of my rear. But that's nice to hear.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Aug 11, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2012
Aaaah...that's good to hear :)
Any idea when such an English version will be released?how long do these things ussually take?
Any hope that we'll get it before Christmas perhaps? :)
Aug 11, 2012 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
raziel4635 said:
Aaaah...that's good to hear :)
Any idea when such an English version will be released?how long do these things ussually take?
Any hope that we'll get it before Christmas perhaps? :)

Before Christmas? Don't count on it.
Aug 11, 2012 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
Probably eventually. Don't expect a dub though. It'll probably be released about halfway through next year. I suggest downloading it or watching it online if your impatient. That's what I had to do to watch K-On! Season 2.
Aug 11, 2012 7:45 PM

Aug 2011
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Don't expect a dub though.

Why? The two seasons have been dubbed (however terribly) so why won't the movie?
Aug 11, 2012 8:00 PM

Mar 2012
mitch3315 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

Why? The two seasons have been dubbed (however terribly) so why won't the movie?

It seems like it would be impossible to dub with all the English speaking. There are occasions where dubbed shows get sub only movies. Gurren Lagann is a good example. It was a pretty high profile dub that even ran on TV in America. Nonetheless, the movies were subbed only.
Aug 14, 2012 12:40 AM

Aug 2011
k-on!! season 2 dub was just released, so the movie most likely will be dubbed and released. maybe next year at the earliest, it's hard to say since dubs take forever
CommanderPhoenixAug 14, 2012 12:46 AM
Aug 14, 2012 12:43 AM

Aug 2011
SquadmemberRitsu said:
mitch3315 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

It seems like it would be impossible to dub with all the English speaking. There are occasions where dubbed shows get sub only movies. Gurren Lagann is a good example. It was a pretty high profile dub that even ran on TV in America. Nonetheless, the movies were subbed only.

weren't the guren lagann movies recaps? why would they put there effort in dubbing a recap? so that's not a great example..
Sep 8, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
shairn said:
i know someone already said this but i have never bought a single anime dvd that doesnt have dual audio, hell even some stuff i got from japan such as rahXephon has english subs on it still

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Balibuli - Jul 17, 2012

336 by Uncapott »»
Feb 28, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

20 by waalex11 »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Are there many musicians in the fan base?

Prime1984 - Jun 4, 2023

23 by 10q7ch »»
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM

» The Girls of Afternoon Tea Time are English Icons

raabyray - May 13, 2023

3 by kotosugu »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Is this a movie you would watch in the cinema?

Zaqu - Aug 19, 2021

21 by Rinrinka »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.