Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2012 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
Well seeing how actually popular this site is and also has amazing group of people on this site. I have a few suggestions that might help Animelist become even better maybe.

I was wondering because of performance issues and problems with the Profile updating and all that I was wondering on how to hopefully get the advanced equipment so this site can handle the current and upcoming users of this site.

Please note that I know nothing in how to run a website or how the process is or what but I'm only giving my suggestions but if they are terrible then yeah my bad.

I thought maybe more advertisment might help as I have noticed for me there is only advertisment between the links (Profile, Anime, Manga, etc...) and the main page. Maybe having some more advertisment on the sides might bring in more money so you can get the more advanced equipment and maybe push this site further. Make it easier to maintain the site and quicker for all the users that use this site, also it might even fix a few problems. Also it would be easier so that you can make bigger and better changes with ease. Maybe do some other things as well but my mind went blank :S.

Maybe upgrade the whole site like what theanimegallery did not so long ago and turned out really nice. So maybe if Animelist do something there they might be able to make the site look even better than it is now, make it more easy and accesible than it already is and also maybe fix every bug and problem with have so far.

Maybe even get a better storage device than InnoDB if there is one I don't know because I have no experience and honestly wouldn't have a clue. Bit to much of a mindf*cking. Makes me really appreciate the people that do this stuff because honestly don't know how they do it.

Anyways, I was thinking when you start typing in the search area thing in the top right, suggestions come up and while you type each letter the search updates. Makes things alot easier to find seeing how much data of anime (tv's, movies, etc...) there are.

Thats all I can think of and I don't know the situation nor am I saying it has to be done. I like this site of its simplicity but I think it has alot more room for improvements and could even become bigger and better. I don't know if this site has any rivals to be honest. But I think this site could be like a Facebook of Anime.

To be honest I could be getting this all wrong and making a huge prat of myself but like I said I don't know nothing on the process of maintaining a website. Wish I did then maybe I might know what I'm talking about lol. Putting be making a mistake even posting this in the first place to be honest. :/

What do you think of the ideas? Any good or just complete rubbish? What suggestions do you have for this site? or what would you do for this site now if you was the person behind this Amazing Site?
Jul 8, 2012 11:32 AM

May 2011
more ads lol

A lot of users are using adblock already (not me, though (damn IE)).
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Jul 17, 2012 8:10 AM

Feb 2012
There is only one thing that I could think of that I would really like to change about the site because everything else I have seen is good. I noticed this sometimes when I so through recommendations to see it I can find a new show similur to one I have watched in the past.

Going through the recommendations it is appearnt that some people put more work into them and are actually tryng to point out similaritys between anime that you may like. However some could simply say that they are similur and if you like one you will like the other.

This isnt a bad thing from what I can tell however when you have other recommendations that are there and better then the one that was posted first I get annoyed. There are better post that should be displayed because they are more disciptive and over all better then the post that it main.

Noticing there are better recommendations under I could simply press the view others button but I couldnt help but wish that there was a way to vote in the better recommendation. Maybe something like the helpful and unhelpful button on reviews.

Sorry I dont know if something like this has been posted before but if there is I never noticed it.
~FireFull12~

PS: Sorry about my horrible spelling
Jul 18, 2012 3:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
We are owned by a company (as you can see at the foot of every page) so a lot of things you talk about in your initial post are not things we have control over. The others I am pretty sure have come up before as well. Thanks though.

More topics from this board

» Random Anime/Manga Button

DelusionalWeeb - Apr 13

1 by viruspeps »»
2 hours ago

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

9 by Zarutaku »»
11 hours ago

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

6 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
Today, 5:43 AM

» Hey MAL, how about you don't allow NSFW ads on your website

Milk_is_Special - Mar 24, 2020

13 by pjposullivan »»
Today, 5:26 AM

» Introduce a "lost media" tag to titles

_cjessop19_ - Mar 22

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
Yesterday, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.