Forums
New
Jul 3, 2012 1:11 AM
Sep 2010
Sayaka annoyed me the most.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 11, 2012 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
I don't like Kyousuke. Though I recognize that he is instrumental in the story and I think he's an important character, I think he's distracting Sayaka from what she should be doing, which is falling desperately in love with Kyouko~!

Apart from that, I think I really should have voted for Hitomi after thinking a little more. I dislike her tactics concerning Sayaka and Kyousuke and I HATE her verging-on-homophobic comment in episode two (granted, it sounds less homophobic in the sub, but I'm surrounded by dub-lovers, so that's how I've seen it the past three times or so.)
Jul 12, 2012 8:49 AM

May 2009
I never understood why people like Mami so much. I always saw her as a weak character, who merely acted strong because she never had anyone looking up to her. Not to mention that she was a HUGE show-off (which Sayaka later copied from her).

Sayaka is close second. I couldn't stand th whole "I'm a zombie, so I can't get laid anymore!" rant she gave Madoka and then decided to just give up on the guy she loved. And the fact that she became a bigger show-off than Mami pissed me off as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
PuddleBoots said:
I don't like Kyousuke. Though I recognize that he is instrumental in the story and I think he's an important character, I think he's distracting Sayaka from what she should be doing, which is falling desperately in love with Kyouko~!

Apart from that, I think I really should have voted for Hitomi after thinking a little more. I dislike her tactics concerning Sayaka and Kyousuke and I HATE her verging-on-homophobic comment in episode two (granted, it sounds less homophobic in the sub, but I'm surrounded by dub-lovers, so that's how I've seen it the past three times or so.)

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Kyousuke & Hitomi aren't my favorites-That comment about the "forbidden love" turned me off, and I just don't really like Kyousuke in general. Oh, and the whole "24 hours to confess" thing is pretty contradictory. Some people think it's fair and others don't, but that's pretty much based on opinion.
SunsetHeartsJul 12, 2012 3:14 PM
Aug 16, 2012 8:07 AM

Aug 2011
AO968 said:
I never understood why people like Mami so much. I always saw her as a weak character, who merely acted strong because she never had anyone looking up to her.

Same. I don't dislike her(but she's my least favourite character in the show).
They barely develop her character so I can never understand why people like her character so much.
It doesn't make any sense.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Aug 16, 2012 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
Mami does have one of the best character designs in the show, though. Pity that's all she has really.

Still, whilst Mami is my least favourite of the Puella Magi, she's not even close to the worst character overall.

That title goes to Kyousuke for being a complete asshole. Sayaka spends a whole lot of her time looking after him and he's never thankful for it. Not only that, but after she sacrifices everything for him, he completely ignores her and is a key factor into driving her into despair. Admittedly he didn't know what she'd done and probably wouldn't have believed it if she'd told him, but still. This girl's looked after you for months and the most notable thing you do for her is to shout at her because you're pissed off at being injured? Dick.

Hitomi comes close though, she's homophobic, puts Sayaka in an ultimatum over the guy she loves despite knowing how important he is to her and how much she's done for him and doesn't once show any emotional response for doing it. Now there's always the possibility that she created that ultimatum to usher Sayaka into asking him out herself, but I'm not so sure.

When Kyubey is a character in a show and he's not the most hated character, let alone second most hated, then something is very wrong with some of the other characters. Not to say that the characters are badly developed or anything, I've seen people act in similar ways in real life to both Kyousuke and Hitomi.

I remember when I was watching the show through the first time, my liking of the characters was completely different. I didn't like Madoka, I hated Sayaka, I loved Kyouko, liked Mami and thought Homura was amazing. That's different now I've seen the series 5 or so times, especially considering the fifth showing was at my anime society which meant that I had a good 10 or so people to talk about it with.

Kyouko's still top for me and Homura is still pretty damn cool, but I've gained a liking for Sayaka now, her story is tragic and whilst she does do some infuriating things with her black/white way of seeing the world, I can't help but feel immensely sorry for her. I realised after second viewing that Mami really doesn't have any depth to her character at all and how naive Madoka really gets at times. It's usually justified, but it does occasionally get a little silly.
Aug 16, 2012 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
I really don't think it's fair to put some of the minor characters on there, as I don't even think they truly can be considered "characters". Rather, they are more like plot devices. What I mean by this is that both Hitomi and Kyousuke serve only to further develop Sayaka's character and, consequently, are both not developed extensively AND are designed to not be particularly likable.

So that just leaves the five mahou shoujos and Kyuubey, essentially. As for Kyuubey, it's pretty obvious why people would hate him; however, it can be argued that he doesn't know any better. He was born for the sole purpose of harvesting energy from mahou shoujos and, since he isn't capable of feeling emotion, is ignorant to the negative implications of his actions. You might hate him for his motives, but I would argue that they are more like instincts than motives.

With Kyuubey out of the picture, it's time to discuss Mami. Personally, I don't understand why people like her so much and make such a big deal out of her death, but this isn't to say that I think she is a badly designed character. She simply did not get enough screen time for me to generate a fair opinion of her. I'm sure many other people felt this way as well.

So now we're left with Madoka, Sayaka, Homura, and Kyouko. I could spend several paragraphs analyzing each of their characters, but I'll spare everyone the trouble of reading stuff that they probably already knew. Madoka is my least favourite character of the series because she is a failure as a protagonist. I have watched the series three times, and my opinion has never changed. One can only sympathize with a protagonist if he or she is actually involved with the conflicts presented in the series. The only problem is that Madoka is essentially NEVER involved with anything; she merely sits on the sidelines and wishes she could do something to save her friends, but at the same time doesn't have the courage to become a magical girl herself.
YunaAug 16, 2012 4:43 PM
Aug 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
SunsetHearts said:
PuddleBoots said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Kyousuke & Hitomi aren't my favorites-That comment about the "forbidden love" turned me off, and I just don't really like Kyousuke in general. Oh, and the whole "24 hours to confess" thing is pretty contradictory. Some people think it's fair and others don't, but that's pretty much based on opinion.

I personally don't think that's fair at all. Sayaka has know Kyousuke for way longer than Hitomi, and 24 hours is not enough time at all. Sayaka is my favorite character and I hate how Hitomi and Kyousuke are the reason for her downfall. What kind of best friend would say that?
Aug 20, 2012 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
i didn't like Hitomi. I mean she's a tall beauty and there's plenty guys who would go out with her, but she goes for Kyosuke, even knowing Sayakas feelings. What kind of friend she is after doing such things?
Sep 14, 2012 4:45 PM

Aug 2011
Homura and Madoka. The 2 least interesting "characters" from an already rather bland cast. Note that this only really applies to the original series. In other entries in the franchise, they manage to be alright, though I still like them less than the rest of the main cast.
Soge_king999May 11, 2013 8:25 PM
Sep 17, 2012 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
I hate Kyubey.No discussion.But I voted for Mami.She was acting unnecessarily mean to Homura before she died,then she went and died in a way she could have easily avoided.Not only that,but in that alternate timeline,after Homura killed Sayaka when she became a witch,Mami killed Kyouko,and almost killed Homura.She just kept doing stupid things...
Oct 15, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 2012
Kyousuke not that i have anything against the guy (Although he should have totally gotten w/ Sayaka-chan) but he was the most boring in the show.
Dec 26, 2012 11:49 PM

Oct 2011
I wanted to vote either Kyousuke or Hitomi but god damn those fanfics portrayed them to be so nice. I almost voted for Mami (for suspecting Homura in the beginning) or Madoka (for being useless until the last ep)...

but I voted "others" cause I wanna blame that 2 bastard on the train for gossiping and causing Sayaka to break down.
Jan 9, 2013 2:27 AM
Nov 2011
I don't like Sayaka, Hitomi or Kyousuke. I think that Sayaka annoyed me most, since she was one of main characters. Also I wonder why people like Mami and Madoka so much. They were badly developed. Mami died so fast, and Madoka was useless crying brat. Until the last episode.
-___-
Oct 19, 2015 11:30 AM
Oct 2015
Kyousuke. He was awful. I understand his importance to the story but I see no redeeming factors in him or why Sayaka even risks so much to save a person like him. I guess they were supposed to be childhood sweethearts but it never seems that way and they don't seem to have a romantic connection at all. Maybe I need to watch it again :P
Mar 22, 2016 6:33 AM

Dec 2015
Kyubey → rest
Mar 26, 2016 4:34 AM

Nov 2014
It's either Kyousuke or Hitomi for me..

Kyousuke is a complete douche.. He doesn't even grateful to Sayaka after everything that she has done for him (visit him everyday, buy him a cd, etc.. I won't count the wish since maybe he doesn't know).. I guess he's one of the biggest reason for Sayaka's downfall

Hitomi is also similar with Kyousuke, a complete bitch to do that to her best friend.. She doesn't even sorry to do that to Sayaka and another reason for Sayaka's downfall (the same with Kyousuke)

The irony is while i dislike these 2 characters for their attitude, i don't even mad at Kyuubey (which done everything in a larger scale).. Sure everything that he has done is awful and cruel, but then again.. he doesn't really has any emotion.. Perhaps he doesn't even know what's good and evil since he just do everything according to logic (although i understand why he seems to get a lot of hate from the fans)
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Aug 14, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2016
Sayaka is my least favorite.
Dec 28, 2016 10:57 AM

Feb 2016
Probably Kyuubey

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jan 1, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Fuck Kyousuke

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he's there. He's an important plot point, and important to move along the story. But he's whiny, and bitchy, and doesn't appreciate Sayaka nearly as much as he should. (Not that that matters too much though, because Sayaka and Kyoko are meant to be anyhow.. hehehe.)

But yea... I couldn't help but hate Kyousuke.

Fuck music boy.
Jan 24, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Kyuubey. :|
Feb 19, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
None.
Aug 2, 2017 11:42 AM

Mar 2013

^ This.
Oct 28, 2018 8:34 AM
Aug 2018
I go with Kyosuke Kamijo. He never cherish Sayaka Miki's magic for healing him. He breaks the CD player which Sayaka gives to him.
3ASV226Feb 13, 2019 3:46 AM
Feb 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Dec 2018
Firelord76 said:
Sayaka is close second. I couldn't stand th whole "I'm a zombie, so I can't get laid anymore!" rant she gave Madoka and then decided to just give up on the guy she loved. And the fact that she became a bigger show-off than Mami pissed me off as well.

I hated that side of her too
Apr 4, 2020 8:50 AM

Aug 2018
Sayaka took up most screentime of the series and my least ranked out of 5 main girls. Not saying I hate her.
Jan 28, 2021 6:27 AM

Nov 2019
Definitely Kyubey. He's a well-written character but I don't like him, especially for what he did to Homura in Rebellion.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which Madoka Magica character are you? ( 1 2 )

CurseGoddess - Oct 30, 2011

78 by 3ASV226 »»
Feb 8, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Favourite character

Gurenn - Oct 29, 2011

47 by MagicalArtist »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:29 AM

» Dedicated Discord server for Madoka Kaname

copypasterCPS - Oct 28, 2020

0 by copypasterCPS »»
Oct 28, 2020 6:59 AM

» Art style of Madoka Magica

-FlowerPower- - Sep 16, 2017

2 by -FlowerPower- »»
Sep 17, 2017 1:58 AM

Poll: » Your Magical Girl Wish ( 1 2 )

StreetFighter - Jan 13, 2011

60 by -FlowerPower- »»
Sep 16, 2017 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.