Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2012 8:55 PM
Jan 2012
Okay, now I may not be a basketball expert but I've learned a couple of rules in my life.

Isn't passing the ball to yourself in a match illegal?

Mirage shot is basically throwing the ball up but catching it a second after then shoot it towards the basket, but is done quickly and elegantly.

Doesn't that qualify as "self"?
Jun 5, 2012 7:05 AM

Dec 2011
Also the self alley loop that Kagami does? He technically throws the ball at the ring and run really fast and catch it again.

I'm not really sure either because I don't know much about the game itself.
Jun 12, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
ClaudiusClotaire said:
Okay, now I may not be a basketball expert but I've learned a couple of rules in my life.

Isn't passing the ball to yourself in a match illegal?

Mirage shot is basically throwing the ball up but catching it a second after then shoot it towards the basket, but is done quickly and elegantly.

Doesn't that qualify as "self"?

Yes it is indeed illegal and I too have always questioned the legality of the Mirage Shot.

SeraphineX said:
Also the self alley loop that Kagami does? He technically throws the ball at the ring and run really fast and catch it again.

I'm not really sure either because I don't know much about the game itself.

The self alley loop isn't technically illegal since it can be seen as a failed shot being rebounded.
Oct 4, 2016 3:10 AM

Nov 2015
It is illegal. You can't touch the ball twice when it's up in the air already. The same goes on the ground as well. If you dribble , pick it up, then dribble the ball, it would be considered as an illegal play. It's called 'double dribbling', the 'Mirage Shot', can be considered as 'carrying'. I don't why the 'Mirage Shot' was implemented into the story, it's stupid on how it works. On the other hand, the self-alley oop shot isn't considered illegal actually. Like @azeriraz said, it can be seen as a failed shot being rebounded. But the thing that is illegal however is once you shoot the ball neither you or your team can rebound or touch that ball until it touches the rim. The backboard doesn't count. If you or your team touches the ball before it heads into the rim, it is considered a 'offensive interference'. The shot you attempted doesn't count even if you made it in. But, for goal tending, that's a whole different story. It's when the opponent's team interferes with your team's shot in the process before getting inside the rim or hoop. It may be late however, but I hoped I answered your questions!@CladiusClotaire @SeraphineX

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 15, 2009

5 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:55 AM

» Top 5 "Generation of Miracles" ( 1 2 )

Fumito - Sep 4, 2012

72 by weraaa »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:12 PM

» Kuroko no basket team maker

nikz200 - Nov 4, 2014

6 by LEYODD192 »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torrible - Aug 27, 2014

72 by Kitsu-nee »»
Mar 8, 2022 4:21 PM

» Will Kuroko ever enter the zone?

okomiyaki - May 11, 2013

19 by Melih_Atas »»
Oct 21, 2018 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.