Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2012 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
Hi everyone, I'm creating this topic because I think it's not very usual and it's interesting, today there are a lot off sites who sell manga, anime merchandise (which ones I'm asking you) and someone's that sell almost everything including manga like Ebay and Amazon, which I use it because off it's facility to buy, deliver and the price.
But I know there a lot of sites which ones are specialized in manga and other related products so I wanted to know where you usually buy your manga when you buy it on-line.
"A shinobi who violates the rules is scum, but a shinobi who abandons their friends is worse than scum" - Uchiha Obito
Apr 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2007
RightStuf is pretty awesome. They usually have fairly low prices and when I pre-order manga from them I often end up getting it like 3-4 weeks before the street date.
Apr 8, 2012 10:07 AM

Sep 2008
Amazon.com

You can find everything that available on Rightstuf for about 2 or 3 bucks cheaper on Amazon.

and if you buy Used you can buy it a ridiculously cheap prices.

not to mention fast shipping and free shipping in some cases.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Apr 8, 2012 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah about amazon.uk i have that idea but about the .com websites I have doubts because here in Portugal they can arrive at some places and make us to pay the taxes while the UK don't, but I think I will give a try
"A shinobi who violates the rules is scum, but a shinobi who abandons their friends is worse than scum" - Uchiha Obito
Apr 8, 2012 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
Amazon is nice, but to me it gets pricey unless your buying used. Personally I agree with rightstuf...or ebay if your careful and want to buy stuff in bulk.
Apr 9, 2012 2:35 AM

Jan 2011
you can always try Book Depository. it's not as cheap as Rightstuf or Amazon but shipping is free and they ship from the UK so no worries about taxes as long as you live in the EU.
Apr 9, 2012 4:18 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah Rightstuf and Amazon are two of the best places to buy manga.
If you want to buy used manga Amazon is the way to go but recently Ive been finding myself using Rightstuf alot more.
Ebay and Rightsuf are really great if you buy in bulk
Apr 9, 2012 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
I can also say Amazon. Its really cheap thee. I bought all honey and clover manga there.
Apr 9, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
I'm also from Portugal and nowadays I only use Book Depository. I used to buy it in stores and conventions here but it's really way too expensive...

I can say that Book Depository is trust worthy, never had any problems with it. And about the prices I don't usually see that much of a difference once you consider shipping fees. There's also amazon uk that has free shipping when it's over 30 £ or 25 £ I don't remember too well and their prices are pretty decent as far as I recall. I've never used it so far but I'll probably start getting Monster from there.
Feb 6, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2017
I haven't seen this in any of the suggestions yet, but while looking for a good bookstore in my area i found a website with ridiculously cheap prices, there are new and used books there, while i havent actually ordered from it yet, i compared the prices (with shipping) against amazon, and i would save 20+ dollars on this website, but they also have other things beside manga there too, of course the prices vary from person to person, usually depending on what condition its in.
The only downside is that is does have 3.99 shipping like amazon for third-party sellers, but even when i compared the prices with the third party sellers on amazon i saved like 20 bucks on this website, (and dont even get me started on how much i would save buying from amazon itself) but yeah, check it out because i will order from here next time-

http://m.alibris.com

I literally named this in my bookmarks as "Haven of Cheap-ass books"
Probably if you bought new from this website it would probably be around the same prices as everyone else, but if your like me and don't mind getting manga that's in good condition (but maybe not new) than this is the place for you, most of the manga i've seen there are less than five dollars (if you don't include shipping) and some are only 99 cents.
Jun 23, 2017 4:36 AM
Jan 2016
I also get most of my manga from Amazon, but I've gotten a few things from AnimePoko too. I haven't bought too much from them... because I have read a few forum horror stories of people who ordered things and never got them-- eventually were sent a message that their item was out of stock and were given some sort of voucher for something else... But I can say that I was pleased with my purchases. It did take quite a while for them to be shipped and arrive, but when they did come in they looked brand new. Which was kind of a big deal, because the only series I've ever gone to AnimePoko for are the ones that have been out of print for a while. The ones where you CAN find the volumes on Amazon... but they're charging hundreds of dollars for a single volume of manga. AnimePoko's prices were about what they would have been if I'd found the manga brand new on a store shelf, so I took a chance, and I was pleased.
Jun 24, 2017 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
Foggle said:
RightStuf is pretty awesome. They usually have fairly low prices and when I pre-order manga from them I often end up getting it like 3-4 weeks before the street date.

That's 50% cheaper than my country lmao.

in my country 1 volume cost 18$ lmao
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.

More topics from this board

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

31 by Saiunknown »»
7 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

160 by nerfsunny »»
11 hours ago

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

6 by ProGoddess »»
Today, 6:43 AM

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - May 10

1 by Nekoburger »»
Yesterday, 3:58 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

4 by Old_School_Akira »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.