Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2012 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
Here. I may be collecting some protips -- by making stuff up.

Some of my material is good. Others not so good. Heck, I may come up with something completely bad. In short. These are hit or miss.

If you have some of your own, feel free to share so that I can steal it. >:D XD
KyuuALMar 5, 2012 4:03 PM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 4, 2012 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Here's something from my old forum of long long ago:

Here are some real protips:

•Be yourself - to a point.
•It's easiest to be yourself - you're not lying and you're not pretending to be anything when you do this. Especially in an Internet environment, what do you have to hide? Also, the repercussions of being yourself is limited. Sometimes in real life, you can try to be yourself; however, you may have some problems. It's easy to get people to misunderstand in real life, and that can lead to ostracism. At least, here in this forum - there's actually that "delay factor" that allows people to adjust.
•To a point -- where it's OK to project some kind of image once in a while. It can be rather fun to pretend sometimes. However, do not get too carried away by it. Even I had a problem with that.

•Be nice - but not get dicked.
•Kindness begets kindness. It's true. Try it sometime. Jerks are jerks because they want attention. However, they're not going to get it.
•If someone's mean to you, don't be pushed around. Fight back. If you really can't handle it, get help.
•If someone's an idiot, show them that they are; but be as nice as possible.

•Need friends.
•No friends = boring. Difficult to do the above two points without this - even here.
•With strong allies, you can get away with a few things. But of course, don't drive them too crazy.
•Sucking up is bad. If you're deliberately trying to be friends with certain people - especially those in power positions - you will annoy them. If you follow the above two main points, then you'll become friends with such people naturally.

NOTE: I've screwed up on all these suggestions several times during my time here. If anyone remembered my posting during 2007, you'd know what I am talking about. That was a very ugly year for me - especially around here.

Does this make me a hypocrite? Probably. But all in all, I know that I'm a screw up. I have my posts to prove it.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Mar 5, 2012 4:14 PM

Oct 2009
No 2 is good advice. I have found out the hard way several times that being nice can sometimes make you a target for manipulative mean people. However, I would rather be how I am than one of them.

Jun 10, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
What do you know? I"m not writing enough Protips. XD

PROTIP: Don't be negligent. XD

Jun 10, 2012 10:04 PM

May 2009
Kyuu, you're an idiot. That's the nicest way I can say it.
Jun 20, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2009
Are these meant to be helpful? hmm.. I agree with them somehow.. so i'll take some of them to heart. ^^ I don't call you Kyuu-sama for nothing. :D
Oct 18, 2012 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
Protip: No matter how lost one may feel, there is always a way forward - even when it is not obvious.
KyuuALOct 18, 2012 11:23 PM

Aug 17, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2007
If it doesn't work. Hit it. Hitting fixes everything. In space and some machine that can save your life won't work? Hit it. Girlfriend cheating on you? Hit her. Hitting. Fixes. Everything.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» My LiveJournal

KyuuAL - Aug 11, 2017

0 by KyuuAL »»
Aug 11, 2017 1:29 AM

Sticky: Poll: » How to Find Kyuu

KyuuAL - Aug 9, 2017

0 by KyuuAL »»
Aug 9, 2017 11:03 AM

Sticky: » Make your own Member Card ( 1 2 3 4 )

KyuuAL - Sep 12, 2009

179 by Squirrel500 »»
May 6, 2014 10:56 PM

» Why are you even HERE?! ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KyuuAL - Sep 12, 2009

204 by KyuuAL »»
Sep 25, 2013 2:25 PM

» SIX word story ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KyuuAL - Jul 17, 2010

339 by NinjaSassy »»
Sep 23, 2013 2:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.