Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2008 5:22 PM

Oct 2007
Anyone planning to play WAR? I was in the beta and and seems really good. Alot of people who play WoW are moving to WAR.
Aug 29, 2008 12:19 AM
Jun 2006
No, not another wow clone please.

mmorpgs these days are tooo simple :(
Aug 29, 2008 3:26 AM

Jul 2008
izikiel said:

Yeah, what happened to the complexities of Ragnarok online and MUDs...

... Wait...
Aug 29, 2008 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
dont know its not done yet right, closed beta? but since i have to pay monthly i dont think i will play this~~ i heard they cut off some towns and classes because it will become too "big".

Aug 29, 2008 8:40 AM

Dec 2007
izikiel said:

WoW is a clone off other games, Blizzard said so themselves.

Thrilla2k10 said:
Alot of people who play WoW are moving to WAR.

To war? Wow, that's intense. What are they fighting for then?
Aug 29, 2008 6:43 PM

May 2008
Not really gonna play. Not really into MMORPGs and the such.

Would rather have face-to-face banter with my opponent(s) over the table, as my hordes of Chaos march across the field and crush them.

Aug 29, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2008
All MMORPGs are somewhat a clone of other MMORPGs otherwise they wouldn't be THE SAME GENRE OF GAME!

What makes an MMORPG is grinding and leveling, questing, different races and classes. The only difference between each is one or two "features", such as graphics or maybe an additional aspect. In the originals, questing wasn't even a standard feature.

Other than that, it just comes down to how well the game is executed with those standard features and how well the company hosts it. All blizzard did is succeed. The ones who think everything is a WoW clone should climb out of the sand pit and play the originals, then maybe you'll see where WoW came from, huh?
Aug 30, 2008 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

WAR is just the abbreviation for Warhammer.

I am definetely going to Warhammer I can't wait. From all the videos and screenshots I've been seeing the game and its PvP looks awesome. I played WoW for about two and a half years then got bored and hated its battlegrounds and arenas.
Sep 1, 2008 8:18 AM
Jun 2006
s0mething said:
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

I am definetely going to Warhammer I can't wait. From all the videos and screenshots I've been seeing the game and its PvP looks awesome. I played WoW for about two and a half years then got bored and hated its battlegrounds and arenas.

you will probably do the same with Warhammer then :>
bring back the good old days without insta gratification and a somewhat more skillbased game :> ( skillbased in that it takes more skill to be good, not "skillbased" )

old eq1/daoc/UO comes to mind :>

Sep 1, 2008 8:19 AM
Jun 2006
Rethice said:
izikiel said:

Yeah, what happened to the complexities of Ragnarok online and MUDs...

... Wait...

There are lots of muds out there that are more complex and provide players with more stuff to do then they do in the mmorpgs nowadays, just no graphics.. so... Ragnarok online isnt that complex either, and is not one of the older :>

Sep 1, 2008 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

bring back the good old days without insta gratification and a somewhat more skillbased game :> ( skillbased in that it takes more skill to be good, not "skillbased" )

No I will not do the same thing over with WAR. The main thing I'm looking forward to about WAR is great RvR like from DAoC and pvp that isn't about gear dependency and cookie cutter classes.
Sep 2, 2008 12:48 AM

Aug 2008
i'm leaving wow for war. for sure. game looks awesome.
-Study, work hard, and be successful. Nobody wants to make out with a loser.
Sep 2, 2008 2:56 AM
Jun 2006
s0mething said:
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

No I will not do the same thing over with WAR. The main thing I'm looking forward to about WAR is great RvR like from DAoC and pvp that isn't about gear dependency and cookie cutter classes.

like the cookie cutter specs/group setups/ra's from daoc?
although the gear aspect from daoc is good, once you have a temp you are good to go...

but due to the beta and stuff, I wouldnt hold my breath with the gear thing :(

wow+daoc might look good on paper... but I seriously doubt it.. it will be gear>skill wich sucks....

Sep 2, 2008 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

although the gear aspect from daoc is good, once you have a temp you are good to go...

wow+daoc might look good on paper... but I seriously doubt it.. it will be gear>skill wich sucks....

Well either way no matter how good a game is, it does get old and I can't say there wasn't a time when I wasn't totally obsessed with WoW but sometimes you just want to move on to a new fresh game. So I will go to WAR and hope its a good game, you never know until you actually play it for yourself.
Sep 3, 2008 6:54 AM
Jun 2006
s0mething said:
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
izikiel said:
s0mething said:
Chavez said:
izikiel said:

Thrilla2k10 said:

Well either way no matter how good a game is, it does get old and I can't say there wasn't a time when I wasn't totally obsessed with WoW but sometimes you just want to move on to a new fresh game. So I will go to WAR and hope its a good game, you never know until you actually play it for yourself.

I have played it, and although it was very fun in the start with the new areas/classes/skills, Im probably not going to get the final product as it is now :>

Sep 3, 2008 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
This topic should probably be merged with this one.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 3 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
4 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.