Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2012 7:09 PM

Dec 2011
If you watched an anime that you really enjoyed and want to share, post it here. Put the title and why you loved it so others can watch it too! There's no need to wait for someone to ask for a specific anime, just feel free to share your thoughts.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 4, 2012 7:37 PM
Jun 2010
I have a few I can think of at the moment.

My favorite series would have to be Gurren Lagann. It definitely has a huge following and it might be one of those animes that's considered overrated, but in my eyes there's good reason why. Great action, hot-blooded characters, comic relief, emotional appeal, and just awesomeness in general. Character development may be a bit lacking for some characters, but Simon, the protagonist, gets a bunch throughout and really does grow through all of the trials he faces. I've been heavily influenced by this anime though, as when I was depressed it REALLY helped me face those emotional issues and is truly inspiring. Obsessive though it might seem, I wear the drill necklace from the anime not only to express my fanboyism for this anime but to remind myself that I can triumph over despair too.

Then there's Clannad. The Clannad series might look a tad girly and I personally wasn't big on those slice of life school dramas since I haven't watched a buncha those, so I wasn't quite sure how I would like it. But surprisingly enough, I ended up loving this series. The cast was great in my eyes, the story was really interesting to watch (though apparently some people had issues with the Fuko arc of the first season), and it's really emotional. In particular, After Story was amazing. At first it was just like stuff from the first season, and to be honest the first segment of After Story wasn't even as enjoyable as first season of Clannad for me. But as the emotional parts really get going and the Ushio part of the story begins, it gets really intense and, for me, was a life changing experience that made me rethink how I looked at, well, everything.
Feb 4, 2012 9:11 PM

Dec 2011
My reasons for liking these anime might be lacking, but I hope you will take the chance to watch them.
Here are a few I have that I would like to share.

Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate is my all time favorite anime. It may seem confusing and hard to follow at first, but the idea is original, the story is well made, and the characters are lovable. It's a Sci-fi, thriller, with a touch of romance. The idea of time travel in anime is something that isn't really used that much. The things that go on make it tough to follow at some points, but it makes you think of what is going to happen next, and how is everything going to be solved. This anime was put together very well and is the best anime I have seen yet.

Clannad + Clannad After Story
At one point, these two anime were my favorites. It's a story about the life of Tamoya Okazaki and his love, Nagisa Furukawa. This anime was really heartening and I truly love it. It goes through Tamoya's life from high school, to getting married and having children. He goes through many problems throughout the story that could happen to anybody. Clannad gave me a warm tingle inside, making me think about it all day and night for a few days. It's a slice of life, romance anime that I think anybody who enjoys these types of anime, will love.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
I recently watched and finished this anime, and I really loved it. It's a story about the life of these friends, ten years after the loss of one of their close companions. This anime made me think about true friendship, and struggles that can occur when someone close to you is lost. The friends may have been pulled apart, but this anime shows them coming together again, to help make the wish of the one who died come true.

Feb 5, 2012 10:27 AM
Jun 2010
I've heard really good things about Steins;Gate and Ano Hana.

If the top recommendations for them are valid, then the fact that I obsessed over Mirai Nikki and Clannad should mean I'll really like those two series as well.
Feb 6, 2012 7:38 PM

Feb 2012
try watching ergo proxy! i think it's a great anime^_^
Feb 24, 2012 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
Two more recommendations on their way.

Durarara!!

The main reason I liked this show so much was the characters, and who they were. They were all unique and had different backgrounds behind them. The story wouldn't be the same if all the characters weren't used. They all played an important part in it, and were the reason the story was so interesting and different.

Beck

The story of Beck is about a boy who was going no where in life until he met Ryusuke Minami. He shows him the greatness of music, and brings him into a completely new world. The story is about the journey of an unknown band into stardom. If you enjoy watching slice of life anime, I highly recommend this one.
(Also, it's a partial romance which adds a good flare to the story.)
ClockTimesFeb 24, 2012 2:43 PM

Feb 28, 2012 12:00 PM

Feb 2012
I agree with Clockery 100% on his first post, all of those anime's were good. I also liked Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. It's kind of a drama/sad anime which the plot is pretty obvious. The main character is a girl around 11 who kinda hates her parents and life.
Mar 18, 2012 9:07 PM

Dec 2011
Amagami SS
Amagami SS is a different take of what is known as a harem. It has no harem ending, but can still be considered one to an extent. The story is split into six different arcs, where the main male protagonist ends up with a different heroine in each arc. I think anyone who likes romance anime will like this one. The only problem is that the stories are a bit too short, making it hard to take in what you just saw, and having the relations and story built, reset for the next arc. But, Amagami SS has it's sequel which adds more to each story, so that's a plus.

Mar 31, 2012 4:01 PM

Dec 2011
Hanasaku Iroha
Anyone who enjoys slice of life anime would enjoy this in my opinion. I don't really have much to say about this one other than that it was fantastic and I really am glad that I watched it in the end.

Apr 1, 2012 12:16 AM
Feb 2012
Clockery has really nice Recommendations. I agree with most of them. One of my favorites that i have recently watched was Guilty Crown. I'm more of a action and romance guy myself. The action is great, you see how the world changes when something happens.

Another one is Chrno Crusade. i know its really old but my friend recommended it to me. i liked the story line. again it has action and a little romance. the ending was kinda of sad and kinda of like WHAT?!!! and YA.
Apr 1, 2012 7:48 AM

Dec 2011
I loved Guilty Crown. It didn't seem like it would be that great at first, so I held it off for a bit, but when I finally started watching, I thought it was amazing.

Apr 1, 2012 9:27 AM

Dec 2011
Frankly I like slice of life anime but sometimes their pace is very slow. At some point it really get on my nerve and piss me off. I don't really mind but it is very annoying. Okay, enough with that. If you want some slice of life why don't you try Air and sola. Both of them has some supernatural/miracle stuff element in them. Whats more it has some romance and also action...
Apr 28, 2012 7:11 AM

Dec 2011
Bakuman
It's a good story about the lives of two teens aspiring to become manga artists. It's a slice of life, filled with comedy, romance, and drama. I recommend watching both Bakuman and Bakuman 2. Also, there will be Bakuman 3 supposedly arriving in the Fall of 2012. It's a great story, and I think most people would enjoy it.

May 1, 2012 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
Kino's Journey: The anime shows the extremes of political and philosophical systems.
May 2, 2012 8:58 AM

Dec 2011
Asura Cryin’ and Asura Cryin’ 2

Need some action based animé with some mecha touch, try Asura Cryin’. Well this series in my opinion is quite good. Not too great but worth watching. Plus, I really love the opening theme song - Spiral (and Alternative in second season) by Angela. It is very good and create a suitable atmosphere for the animé.
PcGoDMay 2, 2012 9:05 AM
May 26, 2012 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
Sakamichi no Apollon
This is a new anime that started this spring season. So far from the first 7 episodes, I've fallen in love with the story, and jazz. It's just an amazing show about the life of high schoolers, their relationships, and their sweet, beautiful music. I'm hoping that this won't disappoint me as it goes on, but I don't think it will.

Anyone who enjoys slice of life, music, drama shows will find this to be enjoyable.

Hyouka
One of my favorite shows for this spring season is Hyouka. The anime gives off a vibrant, but calm feeling. It's a mystery anime with a slice of life touch. The mysteries are solved by a high school classics club. This show isn't like others where cases such as murders, or large crimes are solved. They are things that would be seen in someones everyday life.

Anyone who enjoys a light, calm, "slice of life", mystery show would like Hyouka.

May 31, 2012 5:43 AM
May 2012
Clockery said:
Two more recommendations on their way.

Durarara!!

The main reason I liked this show so much was the characters, and who they were. They were all unique and had different backgrounds behind them. The story wouldn't be the same if all the characters weren't used. They all played an important part in it, and were the reason the story was so interesting and different.

Since you mentioned Durarara, I couldn't help remembering 'Baccano'. From what I remember, both series are based on novels written by the same author, and they're also from the same producers so the way the story is presented is very similar, as well as the importance of each character to the plot. There's a supernatural element too. But what can make you get hooked to this series is the mystery behind the things happening, and how they are all related. I watched this in one sitting, and if you hate cliffhangers like me, you'd watch this in one go too.

Anyway, I hope I'm doing okay with my first post ever here in MAL. I've been checking out this site for years but only had the urge to sign up this week. :-)
ittadakimasuMay 31, 2012 5:49 AM
May 31, 2012 5:55 AM

Dec 2011
Macross Frontier

Mecha, alien, love triangle and great song, Macross certainly has it all. Paving itself as an alternative of Gundam series, it certainly has its own uniqueness. I never been keen in watching mecha-type of anime, especially the one that can transform itself into another form (fighter jet to humanoid robot in Macross case). It rare to have music sort of stuff in action based story, but Macross have it. It also have a very dynamic character development (in my opinion), especially in romance between character.

Anyone searching for inter-stellar war, good love-triangle and great soundtrack than this maybe a correct choice: Macross Frontier.

ittadakimasu said:

Anyway, I hope I'm doing okay with my first post ever here in MAL. I've been checking out this site for years but only had the urge to sign up this week. :-)

Then welcome mate. Enjoy your stay.
PcGoDMay 31, 2012 5:58 AM
May 31, 2012 6:41 AM
May 2012
Schwert said:
Then welcome mate. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks!!!

Okay, here's another one. Tiger & Bunny

What I liked about this series is that it doesn't feature the usual superhero story. It presents the lives of people with superpowers who decided to be a superhero and be a part of some sort of reality TV show where they "compete" for their popularity. While the setting and main plot is interesting, I'd say this series is character-driven, so the characters and their development are what I really enjoyed about this anime.
Jul 28, 2012 6:24 AM

Dec 2011
The series of Natsume Yuujinchou is very heartwarming and a nice show to watch. It's a slice of life anime about a boy who decides to release youkai who have given their names to his grandmother and bound themselves to her. So far there are four seasons, and I'm hoping for a fifth.

Natsume Yuujinchou

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou

Natsume Yuujinchou San

Natsume Yuujinchou Shi

Feb 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
Series airing at the moment that I have found to be quite good.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
So far a good follow up to the first season. I find this series really fun and interesting as the members of the Neighbors Club try to make friends and live a "normal" high school life.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
This series is a really interesting high school series. The main characters are mostly all creative students who are going places in life except a few who are just normal who aim to be creative. I highly enjoy this series with its diversity in characters, and romances going on throughout the story.

Apr 20, 2014 6:24 AM

Dec 2011
Yo, it's been a very long time eh. Anyway this time I want to recommend some anime that I think a good anime.

Zetsuen no Tempest

UN-GO

UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron-The prequel of UN-GO.
May 25, 2014 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
For this season,
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is my favorite series so far. It's a beautiful, slice of life, romance, comedy series that I find truly amazing. It's really light and easy going, so it makes for a nice watch.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» winter 2012-2013 Recommendations

almozayaf - Feb 2, 2013

4 by almozayaf »»
Feb 23, 2013 9:41 AM

» General Recommendations

ClockTimes - Jan 26, 2012

26 by PcGoD »»
Jan 23, 2013 4:52 AM

Poll: » (~Worst-Case-Scenario Game~) Will you kill the one you love, because of love?

PcGoD - Oct 5, 2012

1 by werewolfofusa »»
Oct 11, 2012 4:09 PM

» ~Your best anime couple combination (from 2 different anime) is...~

PcGoD - Oct 5, 2012

0 by PcGoD »»
Oct 5, 2012 11:50 PM

» GUESS WHO'LL BE POSTING NEXT..^^

eli173 - Mar 5, 2012

47 by PcGoD »»
Sep 24, 2012 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.