Forum Settings
Forums

Saddest/most depressing anime you ever watched, why and how did you react?

New
Pages (56) « First ... « 54 55 [56]
Oct 9, 2020 6:13 PM

Jul 2020
Plastic Memories and Clannad After Story were the only ones that actually made me somewhat tear up. Actually, scratch that. I bawled my eyes out and still bawl my eyes out to Clannad AS.
Oct 9, 2020 6:29 PM

Oct 2019
Naruto Shippuden

Koe no Katachi - The bullying, the festival, the hospital scene, etc.
Banana Fish -

Clannad After Story -

I cried a lot for all of these. They all still hurt whenever I think about what happened too much.
Oct 10, 2020 1:11 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
It's pretty amazing that a thread from 2007 has gotten so many replies from every year since it was made, and is still getting replies to this day, 13 years later. I won't lie, I spent a good amount of time trying to read all through the whole thread (yes, I read all 56 pages as of this typing) and liked certain posts here and there. That being said, the amount of unmarked spoilers and users returning to post on here without realizing that they already posted on the thread long ago is pretty... amazing. lol

Anyway, I just seem to love sad stuff in general. If you ask me about what video games are worth checking out, don't be surprised if I recommend you Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Played those games already and want something more overlooked? I'll probably mention Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and The World Ends With You if you still have your old Nintendo DS/3DS lying around. Newcomer to Bollywood movies? Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara and 3 Idiots might be among the movies I'll recommend. Wanna know my favorite fairy tale? It's The Little Mermaid, of course. XD
So it's no surprise that I love sad anime and manga. It might be because I grew up with so much sad media that I don't really cry at anything I watch though and am not exactly sure as for what anime would count as "the most saddest/depressing" in the thread. Nevertheless, here's a list of some anime in no particular order—I'll give brief thoughts under spoiler tags just so my post doesn't take too much space, but I'll try not to spoil anything:
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica

• Uta∽Kata

• Princess Tutu

• Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White

• Full Moon wo Sagashite

• The Wind Rises

• A Silent Voice

• Air

• Kanon (2006)

• Angel Beats

Feel free to consider this brief list as some recommendations :)
Oct 10, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2018
Fario-P said:
It's pretty amazing that a thread from 2007 has gotten so many replies from every year since it was made, and is still getting replies to this day, 13 years later. I won't lie, I spent a good amount of time trying to read all through the whole thread (yes, I read all 56 pages as of this typing) and liked certain posts here and there. That being said, the amount of unmarked spoilers and users returning to post on here without realizing that they already posted on the thread long ago is pretty... amazing. lol

Anyway, I just seem to love sad stuff in general. If you ask me about what video games are worth checking out, don't be surprised if I recommend you Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Played those games already and want something more overlooked? I'll probably mention Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and The World Ends With You if you still have your old Nintendo DS/3DS lying around. Newcomer to Bollywood movies? Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara and 3 Idiots might be among the movies I'll recommend. Wanna know my favorite fairy tale? It's The Little Mermaid, of course. XD
So it's no surprise that I love sad anime and manga. It might be because I grew up with so much sad media that I don't really cry at anything I watch though and am not exactly sure as for what anime would count as "the most saddest/depressing" in the thread. Nevertheless, here's a list of some anime in no particular order—I'll give brief thoughts under spoiler tags just so my post doesn't take too much space, but I'll try not to spoil anything:
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica

• Uta∽Kata

• Princess Tutu

• Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White

• Full Moon wo Sagashite

• The Wind Rises

• A Silent Voice

• Air

• Kanon (2006)

• Angel Beats

Feel free to consider this brief list as some recommendations :)

I definitely agree with what you said about A Silent Voice.
Oct 10, 2020 1:28 PM

Jun 2020
probably the saddest thing I've watched was anohana, angel beats,and KnK. pretty basic, i know.
Jan 3, 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
Graves of the fire flies, it's a good film. But I don't think I will want to watch it again.

• hotarubi no mori e
Jan 3, 8:22 AM

Feb 2020
Gakkougurashi! came to my mind first.

SerafosJan 3, 8:45 AM
Jan 3, 8:24 AM

Nov 2023
I think sadness of an anime depends upon how will you connect to that character or something which is lost now.

It will feel like we really lost a precious thing by then I think.

So for me One Piece, I have been watching this for my life now since my older siblings love it.

And all of the characters will feel like my own family.

So on that note it's the saddest for me.
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Jan 3, 8:39 AM

Mar 2023
For me it's has to be Chrono Crusade

Jan 3, 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
PMMM (i still cry when i remember some scenes)
Haibane Renmei (if you understand the context it feels pretty depressing)
Houseki No Kuni (if you include the manga, if not then its not that sad)
Pages (56) « First ... « 54 55 [56]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

64 by Haneken2086 »»
1 minute ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
11 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
14 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
15 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.