Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 27, 2012 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
He animated the Bakemonogatari ED and the art looks similar in Nisemonogatari's ED...

His art's pretty unique in anime/manga, so... It doesn't seem like anybody else would have animated it, but maybe SHAFT is just trying to keep the norm by making somebody else to the ED and copy his style.......

IDK... :/ It doesn't look like the staff list is fully completed yet for Nisemonogatari, sooo...
Jan 31, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:
He animated the Bakemonogatari ED and the art looks similar in Nisemonogatari's ED...

His art's pretty unique in anime/manga, so... It doesn't seem like anybody else would have animated it, but maybe SHAFT is just trying to keep the norm by making somebody else to the ED and copy his style.......

IDK... :/ It doesn't look like the staff list is fully completed yet for Nisemonogatari, sooo...

It does seem like his work, but I think until we know otherwise it's safe to say it's him.

On the other hand I guess it's not so bad if they just recycle/tweak his stuff from earlier works :P
Feb 1, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
LordLagann said:
icantfeelmyarms said:

It does seem like his work, but I think until we know otherwise it's safe to say it's him.

On the other hand I guess it's not so bad if they just recycle/tweak his stuff from earlier works :P

Yea, this new ED (episode 4) looks a LOT like his work now... I'm sure it's him... I hope so, too, because he needs more attention.
Feb 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Sep 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:

Yea, this new ED (episode 4) looks a LOT like his work now... I'm sure it's him... I hope so, too, because he needs more attention.

Agreed, I think it's because Ep.2/3 were mostly stills and not much was going on. Now that we see things burst out with life it's something Ueda would do.

Also yes, it's strange that the attention he's gotten is so miniscule considering all the great stuff he's worked on :P
Feb 2, 2012 9:34 AM

Jun 2010
LordLagann said:
icantfeelmyarms said:

Agreed, I think it's because Ep.2/3 were mostly stills and not much was going on. Now that we see things burst out with life it's something Ueda would do.

Also yes, it's strange that the attention he's gotten is so miniscule considering all the great stuff he's worked on :P

True true... ;)

For sure >:/ I love his FLCL manga. I don't care if it's so different than the anime... The anime's my favorite anime, but while a lot of people who were fans of the anime didn't enjoy the manga as much (I honestly didn't enjoy it as much as the anime, but still), the manga has AWESOME art!
I really hope Ueda would keep making manga, but who's only done two series >:/
Feb 2, 2012 3:46 PM

Sep 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:

True true... ;)

For sure >:/ I love his FLCL manga. I don't care if it's so different than the anime... The anime's my favorite anime, but while a lot of people who were fans of the anime didn't enjoy the manga as much (I honestly didn't enjoy it as much as the anime, but still), the manga has AWESOME art!

Its been so long since I've read the FLCL manga I had forgotten where I've seen this art style before. Hajime Ueda's art is the best part about the manga (IMO). Knowing my two favorite anime (FLCL#1 & the Monogitari series being #2) are connected in any form gives me the "warm and fuzzes" :)
Feb 3, 2012 1:06 PM

Jun 2010
Westside209 said:

Its been so long since I've read the FLCL manga I had forgotten where I've seen this art style before. Hajime Ueda's art is the best part about the manga (IMO). Knowing my two favorite anime (FLCL#1 & the Monogitari series being #2) are connected in any form gives me the "warm and fuzzes" :)

Hahahaha omfg, I totally agree. FLCL is my #1 fav anime and Bakemonogatari is #5 ;)
Seeing these two connected, as you said, makes my life worth while /manlytears
Feb 4, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:
LordLagann said:
icantfeelmyarms said:

True true... ;)

It's a shame the artwork from the manga was a tad different from the series, but I really can't imagine anything close then what Ganiax did. I mean it's pretty difficult to duplicate perfection :)

FLCL was awesome, too bad there are too many superficial people out there who don't know how to take it to heart :X
Feb 7, 2012 4:17 PM

Jun 2010
LordLagann said:

It's a shame the artwork from the manga was a tad different from the series, but I really can't imagine anything close then what Ganiax did. I mean it's pretty difficult to duplicate perfection :)

FLCL was awesome, too bad there are too many superficial people out there who don't know how to take it to heart :X

Well, I love the manga's art. Also, even though the manga is different from the series, I think it still gives us insight to the characters' personalities pretty well. We also get to see a tidbit of Tasuku, which I thought was cool.

True that you can't duplicate perfection ;) The anime is unbeatable. You know they spent a budget worth 26 (or something) episodes on six episodes? For instance, the money it takes to make, say, a season of Code Geass... was all spent on six episodes. That's awesome ;)

ANYWHO, damn straight about them superficial people. If I had a nickle for every time I heard, "FLCL has the worst plot/story/everything," I'd be a rich man... I always explain what's what to them, but they always get pissed at me for correcting their TOTALLY WRONG opinions ;) Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but when the opinion is completely bias and wrong (because they are too superficial to look into the actual meanings), it annoys me.
Feb 12, 2012 10:53 PM

Sep 2009
HAJIME UDEA SCENE IN EP.6!!

Nice nice nice :)
Feb 15, 2012 9:55 AM

Jun 2010
LordLagann said:
HAJIME UDEA SCENE IN EP.6!!

Nice nice nice :)

Sweet GOD it was awesome >:D I hope he does more!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.