Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BECK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2008 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ends. Glad they were able to reform Beck :D
Aug 18, 2008 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
personally think that it should've had a few more episodes.. but oh well. Still loved it and I'm also glad that Beck was reformed.
Aug 27, 2008 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked the slide show method of summing up the American tour. I liked this series a lot more than I expected to.
Sep 11, 2008 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
the story felt really rushed, think i would have liked it more if it had been stretched to 3 or 4 seasons. still a good series tho.

they never did settle the whole maho x tanaka thing for sure or explain why leon went to jail or why ryu didn't die.
Nov 16, 2008 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
ahh the ending was a little too quick, the whole slideshow thing
but it was a good story
D: I wouldnt have minded another season but oh well

Nov 20, 2008 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
I totally agree, they rushed the end too much! Omg the development between Mahou Tanaka was so promising, I would like to see another season -.-
Nov 22, 2008 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
To put it blunty BECK needs another season and since the manga is ending that may just happen
Nov 23, 2008 4:13 PM

Jun 2007
aero said:
So it ends. Glad they were able to reform Beck :D
IncognitoOtaku said:
I really liked the slide show method of summing up the American tour. I liked this series a lot more than I expected to.

^

I was wondering when beck (dog) was going to show up.
yay for Ryusuke getting lucille and beck(dog) back! :3

jacobpaige said:
the story felt really rushed, think i would have liked it more if it had been stretched to 3 or 4 seasons. still a good series tho.

they never did settle the whole maho x tanaka thing for sure or explain why leon went to jail or why ryu didn't die.

yes, they should have settle the maho x tanaka thing D:
&leon was arrested for the murder of erika bildge, he made it look like she commit suicide, etc etc, did it for the money, etc etc.
glad about that, because it means that he probably cant touch Ryusuke or the band, hopefully :)

AnimeDrumDude said:
To put it blunty BECK needs another season and since the manga is ending that may just happen
Dec 4, 2008 6:03 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the slideshow a lot, however the actual ending (with the Crocodile place) was a little lacking, I wished for some feel-good ending with all five members being shown. Another season would be welcome.

I found it a very enjoyable series. The animation in the first few episodes were somewhat horrid, but it got better and the story really drove through me.

I think the development between Maho and Koyuki was summed up well at Greatful Sound. She chose him over Yoshita, and everything from then on is supposedly a done deal.
Dec 7, 2008 7:50 PM

Feb 2008
Just finished this, and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree that they could've / should've kept the series going over a number of seasons. The potential was definitely there.
Dec 26, 2008 7:30 AM
Jun 2008
what can I say it was great show. End was litle too fast but still it was pretty good. Thank's to that show I started learn how to play guitar.
dzamulDec 26, 2008 7:35 AM
Feb 3, 2009 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
IncognitoOtaku said:

Same here. After watching the first episode, I was a bit worried about this series, but it turned out to be pretty enjoyable overall.
Apr 6, 2009 1:33 AM

Feb 2009
At first it dragged quite a bit, but it ended pretty well. I also enjoyed the slide show style at the end. Def. was worth watching :)
Apr 13, 2009 6:44 AM
Apr 2008
Wooo Beck got famous.

The series was very good, but it did drag a bit in parts. I liked the way they showed the whole America tour through Koyuki and Maho looking at the photos.

Overall, worth watching despite occasional drag and sometimes bad art/animation

Apr 19, 2009 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
booo u people are picky!

That was an extremely good series with amazing dubbing work. I normally like the subs more but man! Props to funimation.

Also, I thought the ending was just fine XP

Apr 28, 2009 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
good episode but wished it was a couple of episodes long for the american tour arc
You Know You Want To Click Them :D
Apr 29, 2009 3:41 PM

Dec 2008
Great anime. Loved the characters and music. I agree they definitely rushed the ending. I did not like the whole slide show thing. Left me wanting more. A second season would be nice.

May 5, 2009 5:44 AM

Nov 2008
I'm waiting for the second season to start. The manga series is incomplete without audio, especially since it's about music and performing live. There's only so much words can describe art...
May 10, 2009 11:20 PM

Apr 2008
It has a good ending. The series could have few more episodes cause the manga is really interesting, but it's OK to finish the anime like that.
May 12, 2009 5:02 PM
Apr 2009
Am I the only one who noticed that Taira was playing with The Pillows?

I liked the series even though it was slow at first.
How did they get Leon though?
May 12, 2009 5:10 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked the way it ended. I totally enjoyed the series as a whole!
Jun 11, 2009 7:50 PM
Jun 2008
Bladecatcher said:

I liked the series even though it was slow at first.
How did they get Leon though?

Naw man, I saw that as well.
Jun 20, 2009 6:39 PM

May 2008
It was like I was satisfied and not satisfied at the same time. Not satisfying simply because I just didn't want it to end and I think BECK so deserved another season. But satisfied because it was a beautiful ending nonetheless. I'm so happy that even though the plot was rushed, they made an ending was geniunly touching, unlike most rushed endings.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Jun 24, 2009 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
I really disagree with the second season demands, BECK`s a great show, I like the ending a lot because it really summed things up very nicely, and it was very suitable. ^^
Although it`s one of those shows you never want to end, I think a second season will have to be disappointing.
Jun 28, 2009 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
Of all the music anime, I'd have to say this is the best even having watched it two times. Personally I think there could of been a few more episodes to sum up their american tour, but those slid shows were pretty nice.
Jun 28, 2009 7:05 AM

Nov 2008
It's such a pity that the other arcs in the manga are just basically the copy of the same arc with the same drama... It's quite disappointing.
Jul 24, 2009 10:09 AM

Mar 2009
Awww its over now *sigh*. I really liked it but I think just having one extra episode to smooth a few things out would have been good.

Aug 4, 2009 4:47 PM
Jun 2008
Yeah, another season showing BECK in the top 5 of America and Japan would be good =)

Well, imo this anime was awesome, and now I'm little sad that it ended... =(

BECK is back! \o/ (both Becks XD)
Aug 31, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2009
This was a nice series, it was fresh. Albeit it seemed a bit of cliche at first, it became orginal as it progressed. Nearer to the end, when they went live it became really good, that is when its true potential came out, then after that they split up, which I think they should have ended it there, as when he went and regrouped with them, that was cliche which kind of ruined the end. In addition the relationship between him and Maho was left slightly ambigious! Nevertheless the series was good overall.
Sep 11, 2009 6:15 AM
Sep 2009
I think Leon Sykes got caught because he was tricked by Ryuusuke, who told him on the phone that he'd meet up with him, but what he really did was show the evidence he got from Eddie to the police or something and wait with them until Leon arrived to meet him and bam they take him away.

And also, I think the Yukio x Maho thing was a done deal. In the end through the slideshow of photos, the voice was Yukio telling Maho all about the tour, so that sort of confirms that Maho and he are doing just fine together.

I never expected Beck to be such a good anime. You really can't judge an anime before you actually watch it.
Sep 13, 2009 3:02 PM

Jun 2009
PRAY OR YOU WILL BECOME PREY !!! lol i liked that..btw i think the ending is kinda rushed..damn i want to see them perform in u.s!!!!!well its 8/10 for me..

Sep 14, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
wow I can't believe it ended <.< great show .

Oct 11, 2009 12:01 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing series! I was skeptical at the beginning, but the more I watched it, the more I loved it! Great ending!

And I assume that Maho and Koyuki made up, because of the way they were talking to each other during the slideshow. Glad that worked out!

PRAY OR YOU WILL BECOME PREY! XD
Oct 13, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
I was really afraid that it wouldn't end the way I wanted to...WHAT A HEART WRENCHER! I'll miss the music.

RtheO
Jan 31, 2010 9:35 PM

May 2009
i'm going to miss this anime... the ending was a little sketchy...like i still don't get the deal that Ryusuke made at this episode and the slideshow was a little too quick..but i'm glad that the band got together =D
Feb 2, 2010 4:25 PM
Oct 2009
Well, the end was too fast and some questions still in the minds of everybody i think :
Why Leon was arrested?
What happened between Koyuki and Maho?
Was the american tour good?

I think that could have more episodes

But, after all it's a good anime. I liked and i'm going to miss it too
^^
ARCapFeb 2, 2010 4:31 PM
Feb 8, 2010 2:24 PM
Aug 2009
IncognitoOtaku said:
I liked this series a lot more than I expected to.

Yeah, me too. Firstly I just find it like normal, non-interesting anime for boys (very young boys), but it was just awesome.

Even if I can't stand accent ;P

The end is really good :)
Feb 11, 2010 3:47 PM
Apr 2009
This was a good anime..wasn't expecting it to be that good. WOW lol. So many animes fall short of a GOOD ending..Beck's was decent...

I think that it was pretty self-explanatory that Maho and Koyuki were together... after the events of the Greatful Sound Festival and the photo image slideshow at the end of this episode.

N Mr. Sykes got arrested for murder..so I guess Ryusuke did trick him or something.
Mar 5, 2010 8:34 PM
Dec 2009
liked the music<3
Mar 8, 2010 9:54 PM

Aug 2008
I felt the ending was a little rushed and things were left unanswered.. i'm feeling quite unsatisfied, i hope for another season or at least a few OVAs but I suppose given how much time has gone by since Beck ended that is doubtful... :(
May 24, 2010 10:17 PM
Feb 2009
amg totally enjoyed this show :) too bad it had to come to an end
Jun 14, 2010 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
I like band and music so I started watching this two years ago but was not able to finish it because of the limited animation. Picked this series again and rewatched from the beginning. The limited animation I shy away before now seem okay with me. I'm glad I picked this up again. The OST sounds more wonderful after watching it. The ending wants me more of it. It's a great show and I hope there's more similar to this.
Jun 29, 2010 11:02 PM
Nov 2007
For those of you wanting more. Definitely read the manga. The Beck manga was the first manga I'd ever read and its really good and wraps up the story of Beck nicely.
Jul 10, 2010 5:46 AM

Jun 2009
Yes that was amazing he played about three songs with the pillows lol I was very excited about that for awhile lol.

I felt it was a great end to it all I honestly was surprised that beck started up again I just felt some parts dragged out but all in all i enjoyed it very much.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotOct 5, 2015 4:27 AM
Aug 8, 2010 5:47 PM

Jul 2009
The ending was meh. Sigh, the last two anime series I have watched had so-so endings, NHK and Beck. Why must these animes with such high potential have such a shitty closing.

I wish the relationship with Maho was a bit more developed and maybe have them at one more huge live concert. Heck, I thought the last episode would be all of them reuniting in Japan and THEN heading to America with some contract deals or something. Sigh, ah well, 8/10, I guess.
Sep 5, 2010 12:08 AM

Mar 2010
Just got done finishing this series. It was really fun to watch all the way up to the last two episodes for me. I wished they had put a little bit more air time with Maho x Kyouki, but I understand why they didn't since this anime was more about that band. This is definitely my favorite anime that is based around music so far I gave it a 9/10 (Would have been 10/10 if the ending was done better).

1st series I've watched in awhile where I liked all the characters in it. No one was really annoying. I would like to see another season or OAV of this anime but seeing how this was made 5 years ago and there hasn't been anything yet I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for now.
Sep 13, 2010 3:30 AM

Apr 2009
I was greatly relieved they got the band back together in the end. I will miss this anime series dearly. Ah why did it have to end?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 30, 2010 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Great anime, but they should have stopped after episode 25, this one felt too rushed and I had a feeling the reunion thing was just to please the viewers who didn't like the split.
Jan 19, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
Sunlone said:

nope, I was gonna comment on this too! ^^
cuz The Pillows were actually playing at Grateful Sound also! it was Rookie Jet
also there was a pun
the band's name was HEROES which in romaji is HIIROZU
and written in katakana, all it would take is one maru (small circle)
to transform that into PIIROZU, Pillows
pretty cool

also I dont feel the ending was rushed. dunno why everyone's complaining
I cant imagine the show stretching on for seasons either
we got a peek into a slice of their life
left with the feeling that the journey has just begun
it's a good feeling to me. I dont mind being left with it.
Jan 21, 2011 10:19 AM
Dec 2010
I friggin' loved this! It inspires me, it made me cry, it amazed me...
I don't feel the ending was rushed either. We've seen Beck rising from the beginning and becoming bigger and stronger. I got really sad that they split up, but it felt so good that they came back together again. I think it would have been too much to have the entire American tour in another season or so, this was good.

Really enjoyed it, definitely going to rewatch it!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beck Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

42 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

47 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 21 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

40 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Beck Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

45 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Beck Episode 19 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

45 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 2:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.