Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2008 2:41 PM

Sep 2007
This is the question: what do you think about people who don't like yaoi/shounen-ai just because the couple consists of two boys?

NOT because they really don't like it (I respect others opinion) but only because they don't like it just because they're boys. And I'm not talking about people on MAL but about people in real life.

I wrote my mind out here. =]
And you can do that too.

Do your best! :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 31, 2008 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
I'm going to tell you my thoughts of people who don't like yaoi or even shounen-ai just because they are two boys. So if you wanna run, do it now. (talking 'bout people in real life, not here on MAL or anywhere else on the net)

You know what I think of them? I hate them. But I don't show the hatred very much. I just say: ''Come on, boy's can also love each other as more than a friend, so why should you be grossed out by it? Love is normal!'' And when they say ''It's because they are two boys. Of course it’s gross!!'' I will be mad at them and get them back for it. This is my method:

1) We're sitting in a computer-class and I have to wait till someone manages to get the teacher to listen to him/her.
2) Then I allure the poor soul who disgraced yaoi to my computer, saying something like: ''I'm sorry about that yaoi-stuff, but at least I want to show you something. May I?''
3) Nine times outta ten he/she says ''Yeah, do what you want...'', and I continue my evil plan.
4) I prepared a really HOT pic (for that person really SHOCKING and GROSS pic) and show it to that person, while I expect a great reaction!
5) Most of the time people will first ask ''Is that a girl?'' and they do so while pointing to the uke, and I always say then: ''If that makes you happy, yes.''
6) Then you can stay back and watch the soon following show where the victim screams Aaaaahhhh!!!! and Eeeeewww!!! while running around with wide-spread eyes.
7) In the end, you've won! :D

Perhaps it sounds like I'm a mean person, but I just can't take it when someone disgraces yaoi just because they are two boys. So what? They are boys. Is your life over now? Is their life over now? Don't think so. Do you accept homos? Of course you do, because like everyone says he/she does. Then why not yaoi? Why not even shounen-ai? Why… only because they are boys? Isn't love something beautiful? Should you laugh at love? Once again.. don't think so. Why do I love boys who love each other? Because first of all I accept ALL kinds of love, and because boys on boys is something different from straight love. (well, duh :3) You gotta have difference in people, difference in personalities, difference in love and above all that: difference in the world. And you know what? You have to live with that. So don't give me that **** of ''I don't like it because they are boys.'' because then I won’t like you at all. If you really don’t like it because you're REALLY grossed out by it, that's something else. I said so myself. Difference in people and personalities. I know. But that is not the thing I'm talking about. I'm talking about the people who just don't like it/hate it just because they are two boys. If you're one of those people who doesn't accept all kinds of love because of your own selfishness because you don’t want to see ''such kinds of people'' then run away. I will get you.

Omg, I just realized this has almost become an A4-long post. o.O That wasn't on purpose, I swear. And please don’t be mad at me for telling all this stuff, these are my inner feelings for yaoi haters/dislikers/whatever. And because we're in a yaoi lovers club, I guess no-one will come and yell at me, so I'm safe. :P
Gya-haa~ that was it for today. See ya~

PS: I wrote this in on a whim, so if something sounds weird… well, then we have to live with that. :P
HiinaJul 31, 2008 6:37 PM
Jul 31, 2008 5:00 PM

Jun 2008
hmmm i dont think u r mean at all......well any one will get upset if someone disrespects their interest >.<
lemme tell my opinion of THEM:
i always answer them like this:
1) it pisses me like hell when some ppl say things like disgusting, nasty or sick about yaoi....Grrrrr.....i mean it's my choice i love it, when i dont disrespect your interest u dont have any right to do to mine!!!!!!...if u dont like it dont watch it at all!!!!!........*nod nod*
maybe i hate the things u like but i dont show!!!! cuz i dont want to hurt anyone!!!.....well i as a girl definatly love BOYS more than GIRLS so when i have a chance of seeing 2 boys together ofcurse i'll prefer it more than Girl X Boy!!!!.....
specially in yaoi cases which they make them SMEXIER dan da normal anime boys...*droooooooooools over yaoi boys*........
for example some ppl!!!! like yuri!!!! even girls....well i'm not really interested in yuri but i never tell anyone i HAAATE it!!!!...cuz i dont want to hurt anyones feeling!!!!..........
2) i'm really saying dat for da ppl in real life:
a humen has da right to chooooose!!!!......yaoi is not something bad i jus look at it as a normal relationship of boy X girl........
why cant a feeling dat is between a boy X girl be between boy X boy???....

so i hope ppl understand these things some day!!!...>.<
4 da ppl who hate yaoi...:
for your info i'm a No.1 YAOI ADDICTED!!!!....so dont even dare to talk bad about yaoi in front of me!!!!!!......xD
*imagines yaoi hot scenes*.....O.O....kyaaaaaaaa!!!!...*faints from lost of blood*.........
Jul 31, 2008 5:48 PM
Sep 2006
I hate male yaoi haters because they think boy/boy love is disgusting, sick and wrong, but if it's two girls it's the best thing in the freaking world! x_x; Men that think like that are shallow, moronic and just plain perverts. (Everyone has a sex drive, but still.)
Jul 31, 2008 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
I really don't care for those people who, don't like yaoi/shounen ai based on the fact that its two guys and not a girl and a guy. Love is love no matter what way you looked at it, it shouldn't matter about the other person's gender as long as you love that person. People like that, think you can only have true love with opposite sex relationships make me sick to be honest.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Aug 4, 2008 12:16 AM

Apr 2008
Dragon_Empress said:
I hate male yaoi haters because they think boy/boy love is disgusting, sick and wrong, but if it's two girls it's the best thing in the freaking world! x_x; Men that think like that are shallow, moronic and just plain perverts. (Everyone has a sex drive, but still.)

Whether they're male or female [the person doing the hating], those are the type that I don't like. It's hypocritical to accept two girls, but not two guys.

Yuri isn't exactly my thing but I don't hate it.
Aug 4, 2008 1:58 AM

Apr 2008
Most of the yaoi hater are Hentai watchers that i know. I have some friends that don't like yaoi, but they jus inoring my inters in yaoi and we always have a good conversation about other things.

About other my friends that realy hate yaoi:

They just sayin' "OMG! You watch/read that stuff when boy fucks another boy?!" and yeah I get mad about these words and I answer him "i can read/watch yaoi like you can watch hentai" Actually I HATE HENTAI!!! don't ask why i just hate it. So them most of the ppl just look at me with crooked face and it's end of the conversation.

I just HATE those people that hate yaoi. And the reason is " I hate yaoi because most of yaoi manga is making yaoi from normal characters. Why just they can't stop doing that stuff? This is just abnormal." and then I can yell at that prson like that " MORAN!! Yaoi fans are doing what they with characters because it's not forbidden. Really why guys are such a MORANS?!"

And so that's how relationship with this kind of human ends between me and him. *sight* Yaoi haters are MORAN'S TOO! *goes to read yaoi to calm down* that's my opinion.
~♥~ Maybe… Theirs is an extraordinary love, transcending space and time. Just maybe. She means nothing to him, and yet…Everything’s going to be okay. She means everything to him. “Aishiteru.”~
(。◕‿‿◕。) Click, Click BOOOOOOM!!!
~UKE DERA-DERA BEEEAAMM!!!~
~ And I am aware of how everything is gonna be fine One day, too late, I'm in Hell...~
~ Smile, every minute of the day. You never know who is falling in love with it.~

Aug 10, 2008 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
My friend says that she hates Yaoi, but I was looking through her DeviantART favorites, and I saw a Yaoi pic XD She claims to not have known it was Yaoi.......here's a link to the picture: http://ann2059.deviantart.com/art/Short-Leash-88686497 TELL ME THAT'S NOT YAOI! XDDDD

In other words, I don't really care if someone hates Yaoi, it's if they say that Yaoi shouldn't be allowed and doesn't want me or others to enjoy it. Those people irritate the crap out of me!
Aug 10, 2008 9:13 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah that's yaoi, or almost going to be yaoi.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Aug 10, 2008 10:14 PM

Aug 2008
I've never really heard someone say something like that to me in real life, but on the internets I'll say that I like yaoi and 80% of the male users will start ranting on about how disgusting yaoi is. I ask them if they like yuri and they're like "Well sure, two girls going at it is hot." I hate it when people do stuff like that. >_<
Aug 15, 2008 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
*sniff* That makes me kind of mad >.<.... and people who have never seen it but they think it's awful just cause it's two guys =_=

And there are the people who like yuri but they talk bad about yaoi.... *stabs voodoo doll*.... *dark aura* e_e

They should give it a chance before they diss it T_T

~ feels liek she had a short rant ~ >.<

Sig WILL change soon~
Aug 15, 2008 1:10 PM

Aug 2008
Okay, something simular (not exactly yaoi, but...) to me. I was talking to my e-friends about shota the other day and one of my male e-friends said... just a minute, I think I'd better go find the post...
Okay, found it!
"I was okay with you being a guy.
I was sure with you liking yuri.
I was meh with you liking yaoi.
I was nyeh? with you liking loli.
But Shota crosses the effin' line!"

First of all, I pretend to be a guy on another forum (just for the lols).

After that I said "So loli is okay to liek but shota isn't?" and he was liek "Not okay, more like "just barely socially acceptable.....JUST BARELY"'
>:
Aug 18, 2008 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
I don't like the hypocritical yoai haters. The ones who think yuri is the sexiest thing they've ever seen yet yoai disgusts them? Give me a break! I think its ridiculously hypocritical of them to say they only support SOME homosexual coupling.

But the ones i HATE are those who specifically search out yoai fiction, AMV's or anime on different sites just so they can hate-spam or flame the anime or creator or authors. They appall me. If you don't think boy/boy couples are hot, thats ok. but you should also (seeing as how i assume you're homophobic) not like yuri. and thats fine too. just keep it to yourself.

DON'T WATCH A YAOI AMV OR READ A YAOI FICTION IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! >< It's always clearly marked and people still flame for no reason.

They're the spawn of the earth.
Aug 19, 2008 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
I don't like yuri because they are girls.. I just don't like watching two girls make out or whatever. But I don't bitch about it everytime I see something yuri or if someone says that they like yuri. I think that is the main issue, that some people can't accept that different people like different things.
Aug 19, 2008 3:12 PM

Sep 2007
grawr said:
I don't like yuri because they are girls.. I just don't like watching two girls make out or whatever. But I don't bitch about it everytime I see something yuri or if someone says that they like yuri. I think that is the main issue, that some people can't accept that different people like different things.

You're very right about that. *nod nod*
=____=
I like yuri though~
HiinaDec 8, 2008 11:29 AM
Aug 26, 2008 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
I have few friends that don't understand yaoi at all. Well, there not even into manga/anime so I guess it's pretty normal from them.

But I think it's their own business like it's our own business that we like it (or love it, for that matter). They sometimes make jokes about my yaoi fandom but that's okay. Well, sometimes it goes into straight dissing but I just ignore it. XD
A man may be less than an animal
The antichrist write up the honor roll
The tightrope walker take the fatal fall
AT HIS HOUSE, IN THE BATHROOM, ON A HOLIDAY
AND THAT'S IN THE NEWS
Dec 8, 2008 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
i think people like that are so closed minded, love does not have anything to do with who you love but how you love and how happy it makes you feel
Dec 8, 2008 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
As long as they won't come and annoy me, I don't care..
I seriously want to kill one of my classmates because EVERY SINGLE DAY she asks me the SAME QUESTION: "How can you like something that gross?!"
It gets extremely annoying after 6 months.. -____-

I mean why can't she just accept the fact that I'm a yaoi fan and I'm not gonna quit being one just because this one person tells me to.. In my case that just works as reverse psychology.. XD
Feb 10, 2009 1:47 AM

Sep 2008
Oh i had a similary discussion on another forum...most of the ones that replied were agains yaoi even thou they haven't watch it, just b'cos there are 2 boys stoped them from watching the series...and also they can't seem to see the differences between yaoi and hentai, since most of yaoi anime or manga have a great plot, nice developed characters and so on..instead hentai...it's al realated to the size and pleasure >.>

i don't have anything w/ anyone and respect THOSE ppl opinions, but when they start talking about yaoi and don't even know about it, that's when they're getting on my nerves.The best method is to ignore them ^_^

Jul 11, 2009 2:48 PM

Sep 2008
Sad people. If they have such stupid preconceived ideas about boys love, they have them about lots of things in their lives, and their whole world must be a very narrow one. Really sad people, seriously...The greatest arguments they can bring about not liking yaoi are things like: but God/mom/dad/sister/teacher/the janitor said only girlxboy is normal, omggg two boys that's grossssss. Ok ok they said that, but what about your personal opinions? Something that you've analized and thought about, without being influenced by every little damn opinion that you've heard?

Aug 20, 2009 8:44 PM

Aug 2009
I HATE THESE PEOPLE!
I think people like this are very close minded.
Love knows no boundaries.
Gay people do exist in this world.
They're never going away, so people
might as well get used to it.
Yaoi is beautiful.
Unfortunatley, my mother is one of these yaoi haters,
but she's an exception. :| I just wish she'd open her
mind a little!
Oct 4, 2009 2:31 AM

Sep 2009
since this is the only place i can be myself...

i hate these ppl!!! to me they ruin everything...at times like this i wish i had the death note...these ppl dont have an opened mind....my mom is one of them...i want a death note for my birthday!!!!!!! *sighs* open the mind...

i am emo goth and morbid...
Welcome to my happy world now get your shit and leave

Oct 27, 2009 1:25 PM

Oct 2009
I don't hate people who diss the things I like. Why get upset about it? everyone is entitled to their own opinions and a right to free speech. I feel very sorry for the people who diss anime just because the pairing is a same gender one, I feel bad that they seem so closed minded, but I don't hate them. I would definitely prefer if they keep their rants and negative comments to themselves, but I suppose there's not much I can do about that. I just ignore it and go about my day.
Oct 28, 2009 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
i don't think anything about them.
it's theyr choise to choose what to like and not.
atleast my friends doesn't talk about this because they know what i'm addicted fan of yaoi.
my parents too doesn't talk about this, because i told them my opinion about this stuff.
it's just anime, c'mon guys.
i know that in real life it's kinda the same altought i don't know about romantical parts.
i saw movie that was made in shounen-ai gengre in real life and i must say that it was super!

i don't try to talk to those people about yaoi stuff because we have different opinions so it won't make sence if we talk for 3-8 hours about same thing.
well maybe he will come to like it, but still:D

atleast i'm very proud to be yaoi freak fan, because there are many green girls whom just started to like yaoi and i can conculate them(:
Nov 23, 2009 5:26 PM

Sep 2009
I don't like it. It's offensive, Like my brother he doesn't hate them or anything but he thinks its gross. like he thinks its okay for 2 guys tolove each other but he think its gross and makes fun of it sometimes.
Its offensive to me, because its pretty normal to me and his being rude about it.
same thing goes for the ones who dislike yaoi because its boyxboy. thats no reason to hate it.
I don't dislike them because most cases they are told that is wrong and nasty blah blah blah. I just ignore them
MxllyNov 23, 2009 5:32 PM
Nov 25, 2009 2:27 PM

May 2009
I think people have the right to think yaoi is gross and nasty and all those other pretty things even if such an opinion is based on the opinions of others in their surroundings. (people unfortunately have the right to not think for themselves)
Such people could not bother me less because I tend to ignore people who are stubbornly narrow minded. They might become less narrow minded in time and that is what I wish for them. That, and not immediate deathXD

I've had an encounter with a person who dislikes yaoi and she couldn't really explain why, for her it was just plain disliking without a good reason. However, I do not hate her or anything. To each their own.
Nov 25, 2009 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
I think people who think that yaoi is disgusting are just perverts tat like hentai and such. I mean wats so intersting about to girls together?! It just disgust me to see the to girls because sometimes they even exgerate it. Wats so great in big exagerated ugly boobs??

If they dont think tat to giels together is disgusting, then two boys together is less! DUH!! & I just hate people who doesnt know anything about yaoi and starts talking about it as if they have watched it for their whole life.

Not tat Im critizasing those anti-yaoi people, but they act so high of them self just because they are "normal" people & then start saying bad things about yaoi.

@ first I liked hentai, but when I realized the yaoi genre,...SERIOUSLY, I didnt stop watching it and reading it for 9 months. So I quited watching hentai specialy when I found those gross exageraating pics of stupid girls.(& 2 tell the truth, they weren't cute at all!) So I stop watching hentai.

I dont have any special grudge agaisnt people who are anti-yaoi, but when they want war I give them war.

OK, here is my opinion 2 tis topic, sorry if it was way too much of my opinion, hehe, -_-!. & tis club is the BEST!
Apr 12, 2010 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
to be honest i don't really care if they don't like it.
they might have a reason to it, like i know this girl and all her boyfriends (and i mean ALL) turned out to be gay and that's why they split each time.
she must felt terrible and she doesn't even want to think about maleXmale couples.
but i mean it's understandable after something like that.
and guys, well most of them are homophobs or secretly do like men but don't want to admit it. those who aren't homophobs just don't care and don't say anything.
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
Apr 15, 2010 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
i think my friends are going to watch them and love them when i force them to watch (worked with Loveless)
-anyone other than a friend isn't worth what little time i have to myself :3
Jan 14, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
I most say that i never experienced that someone said to me 'uww gross you like yaoi it's so ... just uww jak' lukky me. And i really speek a lot about yaoi also to my male friends and i always get the same reply 'do what you want but i don't wanne one a thing about it' they don't say yaoi should be banned. I suppose that i'm just a very lukky girl whit very good understandably friends

http://singitforjapan.com/index
i cried when i was watching it T-T
Feb 5, 2011 7:40 PM

Apr 2010
Homophobia is a TERRIBLE disease isn't it?

*sigh*
They can hate it all they want...MORE FOR ME! ;)
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Aug 22, 2011 7:08 PM
Mar 2011
I don't like those type of people because they don't fully understand the love the characters have, real or not yaoi basically two people who love each other and don't care what others think.
Dec 26, 2011 12:53 PM
Dec 2011
I have crossed with narrow minded ppl that yaoi is disgusting, eww and such, okay he/she have different thoughts. The most annoying are ppl in yaoi site and posting that yaoi is disgusting and brought religion along. Okay first, y u like offending other ppl business? Second, why do you even in that site when you hated yaoi so much that you can't bear it? Other than that, I tend to ignore their eww's.

Long Live Yaoi! =u=
Aug 14, 2012 3:26 AM

Jul 2012
I always say that it's the person's choice to be that way & I'm fine w/ them being themselves & when someone says eww, I just say: Are you kidding?! I love it!!! I really don't care what they think. I like it & so do thousands of others. Even if I was the only one who liked yaoi, I wouldn't care. I'm always gonna be myself...no matter what I like or what people think.

Yaoilover is my name, Boys Love is my game!!!~ lol I LOVE YAOI!!! <3
May 27, 2016 11:26 PM
Mar 2016
They're just shocked. When there's a fact, we usually deny first then accept it later.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» WHAT IS THE REASON WHY YOU LIKE YAOI / SHOUNEN AI?

Blivionis - Dec 25, 2008

22 by OvileeDay »»
May 9, 2023 7:56 PM

» Do your parents know you watch yaoi? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cookie-chan- - Aug 6, 2008

170 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Poll: » How many of you .... ?

XxThageXx - Apr 12, 2009

40 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:06 AM

» worst or most embarasing experiences with people who dont know what yaoi is

R0bbieisGone - May 16, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 21, 2021 2:30 AM

» Need help finding a certain yaoi anime?

Noidem - Jul 22, 2008

12 by Ssakurai »»
Mar 30, 2021 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.