Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2008 4:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So I just got the album, I'm currently listening to it. I like it so far, Aimai Scream and Maybe I Can't Good-Bye. are my fave tracks so far.

But it's too bad that Lost My Music or God Knows... aren't on this album.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2008 12:08 PM

Jan 2007
i was planning on ordering it but after a quick search through my usual places, it's hella expensive. If anyone knows a place i can get it cheap, let me know. I guess I'll dl it for now.
Jul 26, 2008 7:39 AM

May 2007
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in as well with a quick "impression" review.

I'm probably one of the last person on this world to ask about music theory or singing techniques, so I will just go over what I thought about this album purely based on "like" "dislike" "indifferent"
1) Love Gun. Old song. I didn't like it that much the first time it came out, and my opinions haven't changed much since then about this one. Stupid lyrics and the parts that didn't really count as singing at beginning of each section did it in for me. This one I mark as "dislike."
2) HERO. New song...another unimpressive song. It's pretty...boring. One of the dozen Aya pop-rock songs that borders on rock. The problem is, I think Aya is more suited for pop-rock leaning towards pop, than towards rock, if you get what I mean. Dislike.
3) MonStAR. Old song. Nice and upbeat. My favorite of the three singles last year. Like.
4) Ashita no Prism. Old song. This is the type of songs I think Aya fits the most. Like.
5) Breakthrough. Old song, but I've never heard of this one before >_>. Similar to Ashita no Prism, but the trumpet parts are weird. Borderlines "Like" and "Indifferent"...but I will give it "like"
6) Bouken Desho Desho. Old song. Enough said. Like. I wish they'd recycle less songs...and if they are going to recycle, please use songs like this one, not the one I'll get to later... Like.
7) Aimi Scream. New song. Good new song. Nice upbeat jpop song. Lyrics by meg rock is a plus. Meg rock is a good lyrics writer. Like
8) Yorokobi no Uta. Old song. Not bad, but I for some reason don't like it as much as some others...indifferent.
9) Maybe I can't good-bye. I am afraid I have to diverge from cyruz here. The Nirvana-like guitar intro does not impress me, and the English lyrics drive me nuts. It's not poor Engrish, but Aya can't speak/pronounce English properly for her life. Dislike.
10) NEOPHILIA. Old song. Like.
11) Harmonia Vita. New song. OP Theme for the Square-Enix DS game Sigma-something...lyrics by Hata Aki helps. Most unique song of the entire album. A bit on the dark/mellow side. Can't say that I like the melody, but gets bonus points for being different. Also bonus points for being the other song that has Aya singing in her more "adultish" voice (the other being Yorokobi no Uta). Like
12) For you. New song. My favorite pop-rock song on this album. It just clicks. Lyrics written by Aya that actually make sense!? How often does that happen? Like.
13) Hoshi no Kakera. New song. Aya and ballad-ish song? Impossible! Bonus points for being different once again. Another song that has good lyrics written by Aya. Like.
14) Riot Girl. New song. Title song of this album...in terms of similarity...I guess this is most like a cross between Love Gun and MonSTaR. Way too many songs like this one...it's not bad. I am indifferent towards this one as well.

Some advice for Aya:
Stop mixing weird Engrish in lyrics she write.
More variety in her music
I know she loves Avril Lavigne and other types of western rock, but that style of music doesn't always work for her. Aya is at her best in upbeat jpop-rock songs that's not jumping all over the place.

Of 6 new songs, I give 4 likes and 2 dislikes.
Of 8 old songs, I give 5 likes, 2 dislike, and 1 indifferent.
Overall, I give 9 likes, 4 dislikes, and 1 indifferent

Highlights: Aimai Scream, Harmonia Vita, For You, Hoshi no Kakera
Jul 29, 2008 10:04 AM
Jul 2008
1) Love Gun. i didnt like love gun and will not like it.. it wasnt really good to me..

2) HERO. New song... the song was good.. i like it.. but could turn out a bit boring after a long time listening but a good song nonetheless.

3) MonStAR. i still like it.. but i like rabu songu better in tat singles

4) Ashita no Prism. i love this song.. fullstop

5) Breakthrough. didnt really hear much of this.. so i'll stick to no comment but everything its on i'll skip it for no reason

6) Bouken Desho Desho. love this song.. but i heard it long enough to be bored.. but still great..

7) Aimi Scream. this song is real good and i enjoyed the singing, was 1 of the songs i first got in love wif..

8) Yorokobi no Uta. old song but i still like it like in the past..

9) Maybe I can't good-bye. firstly the english(i'll refrain using engrish) wasnt good.. but i like the tune though

10) NEOPHILIA. though i liked it in the start.. this song has gone down spiral not long after in my books

11) Harmonia Vita. i love this song.. probably 1 of the best in this album together wif for you.

12) For you. i love this song.. probably 1 of the best in this album together wif harmonia vita.

13) Hoshi no Kakera. one of the good song in this album.. as well.. and she did a good job singing it too..

14) Riot Girl. love the song.. its catchy but not one of the better 1 in this album

W-General said:
Highlights: Aimai Scream, Harmonia Vita, For You, Hoshi no Kakera

AGREED... a 8.4/10 for this album..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» The Bikini Disaster of Aya Hirano

aghagjhakjghakg - Sep 19, 2008

11 by likeff »»
Apr 22, 2015 1:43 AM

» Your dream date or what you would want to do if you were Aya's friend.

rayyhum777 - Jul 26, 2007

21 by BlackBull3T »»
Jan 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Poll: » Would you do it if she asks?

rayyhum777 - Dec 12, 2007

32 by smackdown »»
Feb 23, 2012 5:19 PM

Sticky: Poll: » The type(s) of show that you want to see Aya

rayyhum777 - May 23, 2008

19 by Drenferalis »»
Dec 10, 2011 9:52 PM

» Aya is Back (28/3/2010)

dingmajiao - Mar 28, 2010

14 by dingmajiao »»
Nov 25, 2011 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.