Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 8, 2008 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
I will not lie, both first and second seasons were somewhat fun to watch, but i have to say that i get to the end of season two and i feel like i just wasted my time. aside from annoyingly dumb characters, it just feels like nothing is resolved. As far as character development goes you kinda get to know each character well but thats just about it. one expects to see some sort of progress from the lead characters, but it seems to me that some of the secondary or even side characters had their ultimate goals, if you can call them that, realized. you get to the end of the episode and it feels like youre right back at the begining. the very fact that the very same confusions form the start of the anime are still present in pretty much the same way at the end of it is what made this show extremely frustrating. One of the things i hate about anime of this time is when they don't give you a sense of closer or even come close to it. maybe the OVAs will finaly bring a close to all of it once and for all. i cant realy be satisfied with what ive seen so far.
Apr 27, 2009 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
(Brings back really old topic with no posts)

School Rumble was really fun to watch, but I agree, there wasn't really any proper ending. There is character developments, but it's not complete. It is a romance genre, so a proper ending is quite crucial, this is where School Rumble failed, really hard; especially in the manga. I liked to see who would choose who (since I'm fine with most of the choices anyways), but the mangaka failed to develop that, and it's no wonder the anime wouldn't go to complete it either. Though they probably could, since the mangaka had developed a LOT of relationships and possible pairings along the story. And the thing was, there was so many relationships in there. I guess it was becoming harder and harder for it to end, with so many things going on.

Still though, it succeeded in the comedy genre, being one of the best comedies I've ever seen. I know I can laugh at any episode, and I'll forget/overlook all about where School Rumble failed.
May 2, 2009 1:05 PM

Apr 2009
I agree completely. As a comedy School Rumble is top notch, while as a romance it is a whole new brand of frustrating. I tend to focus on the comedy aspect more in this case therefore I am in love with this show. However, I showed season 1 to a friend of mine and he was seething by the end of it.
Jul 6, 2009 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
I think this show is a satire or parody. At least their priority is

1.comedy
2. plot
3. romance

Ive watched it 3 times, still think its alot of fun. I enjoy erixharima and yakumoxharima moments, even if they never turned into something.
Jul 14, 2009 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, the manga has so much good stuff to offer.

If they could only make a third season.

There is alot of relationship progress with all the characters in the manga, especially harimaxeri.
Jan 30, 2010 3:13 PM

Dec 2008
It worked as a comedy but that's about it... After watching Season 1 & 2 I'm left with a sour taste, at the end everything went back to square one. :P I'm going to watch season 3 for some answers.
Apr 27, 11:50 AM
Nov 2019
Still waiting for season 3 and it’s 2024 doubt it will come out… good series when I was a teen

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 24 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 25, 2008

31 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 16 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 23, 2008

37 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
May 4, 9:26 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 21 Discussion

43 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 17, 3:28 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 20 Discussion

33 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 17, 2:13 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 20, 2008

51 by Internextion »»
Apr 12, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.