Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
School Rumble for delinquents themed manga/anime? o.o' Isn't it just romance comedy?

You should definitely read some manga, there are great ones :P
Crows e.g. or Worst, a sequel of it (which I'm currently reading :P). Then there would be Ocha ni Gosu e.g. More comedy but also great and many many more :P

MAL news is saying that Deadman Wonderland is going to end.. so I guess I'll continue with this once it's finished :-?
Jun 27, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2011
Hel said:
School Rumble for delinquents themed manga/anime? o.o' Isn't it just romance comedy?
lol i have no idea. it sounds like a delinquent fighting anime/manga :P

i want to but reading manga is so much trouble. first off, no color! and no sound!! my imagination isnt too vivid so sometimes i get a little confused. and sometimes i end up admiring the art for way too long. ill stick with anime thank you very much ^^

Jun 27, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
Haha, I see xD I usually read manga when I don't want to stop listening to music :P So there is my sound coming from xD But yea, colours would be nice. ^^

Well, as far as I'm informed School Rumble is romance comedy, slice of life maybe thingy.. I can't bring myself to watch it even though have already started it twice :P
Jul 23, 2013 7:31 PM

Aug 2009
Digging this thread up...

I've been trying to catch up on the manga I'm reading as well as checking some new stuff. Among the new manga I started the two that are particularly memorable are Nanatsu no Taizai and One-Punch Man.

The former is a new, promising, shounen adventure whose serialization started last year. So far it's interesting, shows plenty of potential and I can tell that the author has events planned far in advance. I am a bit bored by the fanservice moments, but other than this manga looks pretty good. The art is a bit on the bubbly side, but I don't have issues with that. If it remains like this, I can see an anime adaptation being made.

I marathoned all the available One-Punch Man chapters yesterday. I simply couldn't put it down - its art is absolutely amazing. I keep admiring its panel composition and how cinematic it is; it almost looks like a movie put in the manga format. I mean, just look at these gifs that someone made out of the chapters
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/03/06/chapter-of-one-punch-man-manga-turned-into-incredible-animated-gif
The story is not as impressive though, but it's obvious the focus is on comedy and parody so its ridiculous premise is working fine so far.
Jul 27, 2013 5:14 PM

Oct 2011
thanks for the revive meta :P

the other night i finally finished the first season of pokemon adventures! i like how they preshowed the snubull before season 2 came out (its not really a spoiler -____-)
that mustve made the fans at the time go crazy!
anyways dont think ill be starting the gold/silver arc anytime soon, reading manga is so bland.. it just isnt as high up on my priority like anime is (anime isnt even too high on my priority list nowdays)

Aug 14, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2010
I'm still all into Crows.. >.> Read it again a couple of days ago, so sad it's finished :'(
I've also started Worst (the sequel). Even though I've started reading it only recently I think I have to start anew again. There are simply too many characters -_-' (and right now only the Crows character in mind..)

Also started Kyou Kara ore wa.. another delinquent themed manga. It's nice.. but still... I want more Crows T.T''

Anyway, I think I'll start One-Punch Man :P

Oh, and Ocha ni Gosu (again with delinquents, though the focus isn't on fighting) seems to be scanlated entirely soon. Can't wait <3
Aug 20, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
New member reporting here!

Talking about delinquent manga, try angel densetsu. It is made by the author of claymore, but the theme is clearly different. While claymore is a dark shounen, Angel Densetsu is absolutely hilarious. absolutely. The jokes are quite repetitious, but the characters and interaction are a bliss.

and talking about one-punch man, I stumbled upon similar manga: Ketchup Ninja. It's art is quite American and the cinematic drawing is really fun to watch. ahahah
Aug 22, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
Hah, I never realized the author of Angel Densetsu and Claymore was the same person. I only watched the two episode OVA of Angel Densetsu and it was intriguing enough to make me add the manga on my way to big ptr list.

I checked the first chapter if Ketchup Ninja and it does seem interesting. And yeah, you're right, it's got a very American-esque and fun art. Tnx for sharing it, doraemon. I'll check out more as soon as I have time.

But first I need to get around to reading those last four chapters of Soul Eater. I've heard the ending is silly, but I hope it won't bother me much.
Aug 26, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2010
sequel to Mahou Sensei Negima! : UQ holder

http://myanimelist.net/manga/57765/UQ_Holder!
Dec 18, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
No one reads manga?

Just for fun I will list my recent purchases:

Magic Knight Rayearth vol 1 (Finnish edition)
Princess Princess vol 1-5 (Finnish edition)
Darren Shan vol 1-2 (Finnish edition)
Strawberry Panic vol 1-2 (English edition)
Hanazakari no Kimi-tachi e vol 1-3 (English edition)

I so want to read a manga called "Seven Days", but it seems to be sold out everywhere :/ I should have got it when I saw it first time.

Dec 18, 2013 11:37 AM

Oct 2011
Senpai, what is this manga you speak of? O.o

Dec 18, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
talonbone said:
Senpai, what is this manga you speak of? O.o

It's something very mysterious.... you should google it xD

Jan 24, 2014 2:50 PM
Feb 2013
As someone who loves choreography and action anime definitely takes the cake. However it's alot more rare to find great animation and storyline that isn't already a great manga.

Therefore there are probably more manga gems than anime gems.

I used to love anime more than life itself, then I caught up in manga form with some of my favorite series and just could not watch filler or prolonged scenes for the 21 minute air time. Manga has no limitations other than being sequential art.

I'm hooked, and aspiring to be a sequential artist.
Apr 26, 2014 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
Actually picked up Bleach again, didn' think I would :-? And I actually come to like it again, which I even less think I would xD
So yeah, now I'm stuck waiting for chapters once again D:
Apr 28, 2014 9:30 AM

Jan 2011
I've been thinking about picking up Bleach and Naruto again. I stopped reading Naruto at ch. 500 and Bleach after 400 something. Anyways I started Tower of God and caught up in a few days. It's really cool.
Nov 6, 2014 3:41 AM

Dec 2011
Anybody know something similar to Mars? But more serious? That would be josei I presume?
Jan 27, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
Noblesssseeeee, which is pretty exciting right now D:< and I hate waiting for the nxt chapter.. obviously.. :<<
May 4, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
I've been all about manga these days. I recently finished reading Molester Man, which led me down a spree of similarly themed mangas like Aku no Hana, Onani Master Kurosawa, and Nozoki Ana

All of which I extremely enjoyed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.