Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2009
I don't think it should be legalized. Simply because nothing is ever enough for humans. Then people would try to legalize other drugs as well.
I really couldn't care less though.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 4, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2007
GracefulDownfall said:
I don't think it should be legalized. Simply because nothing is ever enough for humans. Then people would try to legalize other drugs as well.
I really couldn't care less though.

And obviously everybody who smokes marijuana will always go onto harder drugs.
Aug 4, 2011 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
Personally, I don't care for anything that alters my perception of reality but I do think it certainly should. We've wasted gazillions of dollars, time, and manpower trying to combat it. That money and effort could go toward something far more detrimental to society like meth, heroin, alcoholism, etc. Very few people get into fights or car crashes while stoned. It also has proven benefits in some medical situations. This country tried to prohibit the use of alcohol in 1919 to 1933. It only went underground and served to strengthen organized crime. Sound familiar?
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Aug 4, 2011 4:10 PM
Jul 2007
lisnoire said:
Personally, I don't care for anything that alters my perception of reality but I do think it certainly should. We've wasted gazillions of dollars, time, and manpower trying to combat it. That money and effort could go toward something far more detrimental to society like meth, heroin, alcoholism, etc. Very few people get into fights or car crashes while stoned. It also has proven benefits in some medical situations. This country tried to prohibit the use of alcohol in 1919 to 1933. It only went underground and served to strengthen organized crime. Sound familiar?

A lot of money is being used to prevent meth and heroin. You should watch the show cops, and see how many of them bust people for having those drugs on them. While it is true that marijuana is good for medical situations, it is extremely bad for one when they overdose on it, and it has long term affects. It is very much like when people get hooked on pain medications.
Aug 4, 2011 4:26 PM

Jun 2011
kaleidostar1187 said:
While it is true that marijuana is good for medical situations, it is extremely bad for one when they overdose on it, and it has long term affects. It is very much like when people get hooked on pain medications.

You can't overdose on marijuana. Worst case scenario, you pass out.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Aug 4, 2011 4:32 PM
Jul 2007
Schonn said:
kaleidostar1187 said:
While it is true that marijuana is good for medical situations, it is extremely bad for one when they overdose on it, and it has long term affects. It is very much like when people get hooked on pain medications.

Sorry poor sentence phrasing. I did not mean to say overdose on marijuana. What I meant to say was being addicted to marijuana can have long term affects. Sorry about the confusion.
Aug 4, 2011 8:35 PM

Feb 2008
It's not addictive.
Aug 5, 2011 12:45 AM

Aug 2007
kaleidostar1187 said:
Schonn said:
kaleidostar1187 said:

Sorry poor sentence phrasing. I did not mean to say overdose on marijuana. What I meant to say was being addicted to marijuana can have long term affects. Sorry about the confusion.

Being addicted to something can have long term effects?
Aug 5, 2011 6:05 AM

Jul 2011
I think it should be legal.
Although there is the potential for the development of psychosis.
I believe the non-benefits do not out weigh the benefits of smoking marijuana.

http://www.nature.com/embor/journal/v4/n7/full/embor893.html#B2

Aug 5, 2011 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
yes defintly should be legal, im not gonna go throgh the ton of good reasons everyone mentioned allrdy .

if any of u got a lil time to waste watch" The Union: The Business Behind Getting High"

it will explain alot of misconseptions some people might have about weed very interesting alltho its from 2007 and they now have even more reason why its good.

did you guys know that if you smoked weed while drinking , it stops the alcohol from killing your brain cells ? since it connects to the same neurons or w.e in our brain it blocks the alcohol from getting there tis tru :).
i would hit you ,but i dont wanna get any douchbag on my hands :P
Aug 5, 2011 3:18 PM
Jul 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
kaleidostar1187 said:
Schonn said:
kaleidostar1187 said:

Being addicted to marijuana for long term can leave one with health problems for the rest of their life.
Aug 5, 2011 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
kaleidostar1187 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
kaleidostar1187 said:
Schonn said:
kaleidostar1187 said:

Being addicted to marijuana for long term can leave one with health problems for the rest of their life.

I think you mean smoking marijuana since addiction itself cannot harm somebody. Plus you can easily quit marijuana if you wanted.
Aug 5, 2011 9:56 PM

Feb 2008
Like i have, for the past month and a half.

On a separate note, i had my wisdom teeth pulled today and was perscribed oxycodone. This is like weed on steroids + the pain killing effect.

So i'll be on oxycodone for the next 3 days.
If you want to talk about addiction, talk about oxycodone, not the non-addictive drug that is weed.

Sorry, but the concept of weed being addictive is silly. Anyone that smokes it will tell you so as well. You can quit any time, take it up any time and it never affects the way you think when you are not intoxicated from it. It simply doesn't meet the criteria of being addictive. Yet people who don't know, still insist.
Aug 6, 2011 3:58 AM

Jun 2011
archonflux said:
Like i have, for the past month and a half.

On a separate note, i had my wisdom teeth pulled today and was perscribed oxycodone. This is like weed on steroids + the pain killing effect.

So i'll be on oxycodone for the next 3 days.
If you want to talk about addiction, talk about oxycodone, not the non-addictive drug that is weed.

Sorry, but the concept of weed being addictive is silly. Anyone that smokes it will tell you so as well. You can quit any time, take it up any time and it never affects the way you think when you are not intoxicated from it. It simply doesn't meet the criteria of being addictive. Yet people who don't know, still insist.

Yeauhh, smoking weed is as addictive as jacking off. It just isn't. Guys, it's a mental addiction. You do it because you want to do it. Not because your body needs it.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Aug 6, 2011 4:26 AM

May 2008
archonflux said:
Anyone that smokes it will tell you so as well.

Everone who is addicted to alcohol will tell you he isn't too

Schonn said:
eauhh, smoking weed is as addictive as jacking off. It just isn't. Guys, it's a mental addiction

You really got what "mental addiction" means...seems that weed really raises someones intellect...
Aug 6, 2011 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
Onitenshi said:
You really got what "mental addiction" means...seems that weed really raises someones intellect...

I don't smoke weed. And yeauhh, maybe I'm not the smartest person around. But isn't that what a mental addiction is? You do it because you yourself want it so badly. It's not because your body needs it to function. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't want to sound like a douche who always thinks he's right.

Aug 6, 2011 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
you are correct ^^^ it is called a metal addiction exactly for the reason you described, its not an addiction like you get to heroin or meth or any other shit like that where your body actually needs it and you start going berserk and looking like shit after u do it for long enough .
i would hit you ,but i dont wanna get any douchbag on my hands :P
Aug 6, 2011 11:15 AM

May 2008
Schonn said:
But isn't that what a mental addiction is? You do it because you yourself want it so badly. It's not because your body needs it to function. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't want to sound like a douche who always thinks he's right.

Your body doesn't need it to "function", but your mind does. Otherwhise people would never get addicted to internet, games, etc...because these things don't have any greater impact on your body...but you simply can't just quit when you want to
Aug 6, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
Onitenshi said:
Schonn said:
But isn't that what a mental addiction is? You do it because you yourself want it so badly. It's not because your body needs it to function. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't want to sound like a douche who always thinks he's right.

Your body doesn't need it to "function", but your mind does. Otherwhise people would never get addicted to internet, games, etc...because these things don't have any greater impact on your body...but you simply can't just quit when you want to

Yeah. I can see you're full of shit. I know many people who quit weed cold turkey. Its bullshit to say you can't quit when you want to.
Aug 6, 2011 11:38 AM

May 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onitenshi said:
Schonn said:

Yeah. I can see you're full of shit. I know many people who quit weed cold turkey. Its bullshit to say you can't quit when you want to.

Really? Thing is the discussion was about mental addiction and not weed in general, so go and troll somewhere else...
Aug 6, 2011 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
????
Look at the thread title, its about weed. Not mental addiction.

Mental addiction is still addiction, meaning for what ever reason, whether you want to or not, you body comes back to the substance.

Have i not exclaimed several times that I have first hand experience with weed for years, and i have been off it for the last month and a half? OR are people now just reading what they want to read and thinking what they want to think.

I am real life proof here that discredits your arguements to the point of invalidity.

Before you go and try to define mental addiction, why don't you leanr what addiction is in the first place.

ADDICTION
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

There is no if, ands, or buts to this definition. Planely speaking, weed does NOT fit the critera for addiction. At no point does one EVER become dependant on the substance. Thats why it's called a RECREATIONAL drug.

I don't know how one can join in on an arguement with little to no knowledge of the subject.

And how are you going to argue with someone who has been there an done that and is not telling you AFTER the fact?

It's a recreational choice, not an addiction or mental addiction or what ever you want to call it.

One last thing, as far as those talking about mental addiction, go ahead and try to look up a definition for it, there isn't one, why? because addiction only means one thing, an act of complusion regardless of the user's preference. Addiction is by nature involentary. Smoking weed is completely volentary. It's for fun, not because you need to to progress through your day.
Aug 6, 2011 5:20 PM

Dec 2009
Well isn't it kinda legal anyways since they use it in hospitals?
Imo I wouldn't care either way since I don't smoke, but that would lead to more addictions meaning more idiots going around beating people up on the streets and beggin for money from their friends etc. (I'm talking from experience with a friend of mine who smokes weed) It all comes down to willpowa in the end if you ask me (:

Edit: 12.Oct.2019, I am now a doctor and ashamed of what I've written here.
AneimeOct 11, 2019 2:30 PM
Aug 6, 2011 11:24 PM

Aug 2007
Onitenshi said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onitenshi said:
Schonn said:

Really? Thing is the discussion was about mental addiction and not weed in general, so go and troll somewhere else...

You're still full of shit. Any mental addiction is easy to quit if the person wants to. Most people just don't want to quit.

Aneime said:
Well isn't it kinda legal anyways since they use it in hospitals?
Imo I wouldn't care either way since I don't smoke, but that would lead to more addictions meaning more idiots going around beating people up on the streets and beggin for money from their friends etc. (I'm talking from experience with a friend of mine who smokes weed) It all comes down to willpowa in the end if you ask me (:

Bullshit. If he's doing that it sure as hell isn't for weed. He is most likely addicted to coke or heroin.
Aug 7, 2011 12:25 AM

May 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

You're still full of shit. Any mental addiction is easy to quit if the person wants to.

How many joints do you need to actually believe that crap?
Aug 7, 2011 5:35 AM

Feb 2008
You've obviously never had any experience with the drug.
You obviously didn't read anything i wrote either.

This is the ignorance i was talking about earlier.

Just go on and believe what ever you want to believe, because there is no reason for arguing with closed minded people.
Aug 7, 2011 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
KyuuAL said:
Yes. And tax the hell out of it.

Perfect answer, not to mention the U.S desperately needs it...

I can see Republicans opposing it because it'll increase the government's revenue.

LOLOLOLOL
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 7, 2011 10:06 AM

Dec 2010
KyuuAL said:
alexcampos said:
KyuuAL said:
Yes. And tax the hell out of it.

Perfect answer, not to mention the U.S desperately needs it...

I can see Republicans opposing it because it'll increase the government's revenue.

LOLOLOLOL

I'm still wondering why I haven't stabbed the hell out of the friend request button for you, yet.
Aug 7, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2007
Onitenshi said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

You're still full of shit. Any mental addiction is easy to quit if the person wants to.

0 considering that's an actual fact. Everything you said is bullshit.
Aug 7, 2011 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
Yes. People can smoke and drink all they want...so why not smoke marijuana???

It's stupid that people get arrested for it.

So I say yes, it should be legal.
Aug 10, 2011 9:56 AM
Mar 2010
People who haven't smoked weed but insist that they know what happens to people when they smoke weed are idiots. You can have your personal opinions on weed - I don't care - but don't try to pretend you know what happens.

So let me take you Never-Smoked-Weed-A-Day-In-My-Life people through MY day in the life of smoking weed. (I actually don't smoke that often. I'm not a big weed smoker just because it's not really my thing) *Ahem* I go to my friends backyard, usually with a plate of pasta and salad and sit at her patio. My friend pulls out her two chamber bong that she just bought earlier that day, and packs a bowl. When the rotation gets to me, I ask someone to light it for me since I don't smoke weed that often, and never bothered to learn how to light a bowl without burning myself. Anyway... I watch the smoke rise, it's kind of pretty, and well, I suck. When my lungs can't take anymore, I blow it out, and then finish it off. I usually cough then. And then cough some more. Drink a glass of water, then I'm good. My hand starts making its way to the extra large bag of bbq chips I bought earlier that day and I discuss whether cats have full blown conversations with each other. My friends mom comes over and says, "... really guys?" And then we go inside and watch Zoolander. After I watched Zoolander and Big Brother, I go up to my friends room and fall asleep. That's it.

So where's the outrageous behavior there? In short, there is none. I don't really know of people doing stupid things when they're high. Talking about stupid things? I see it all the time. But who really cares what we talk about? I talk about stupid things when I'm sober. If anything, I think I grow 10x smarter when I'm high.

Compare this seemingly average day to a day I would have had if I was to get drunk instead. Then I would probably do some stupid shit. But getting drunk's legal, right? (well, not for my age, but I'm a rule breaker)

Back to the original point.... I actually don't know why weed is so frowned upon. I can still think rationally, I can still do things rationally, the only difference (for me) is I like talking about conspiracy theories and eating. What's so wrong about that? I can guarantee you that when I'm drunk I'm a lot worse.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Aug 10, 2011 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
It should be legal. As many of said already, it should probably be taxed. I don't see the point of this drug being illegal when... worse things are legal
Aug 10, 2011 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
I think all drugs should be legal.
Aug 11, 2011 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
Onitenshi said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

U dum
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Aug 11, 2011 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
Cannabis is a just plant given to us from Mother Nature.
It simply cannot kill.

A boulder is just a piece of earth given to us from Mother Nature.
It can simply kill you mere seconds.

Why aren't boulders illegal?
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Aug 11, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2011
ReaperEXE said:
Sure, why not. No one gives a shit what potheads have to say anyways because nothing they say is ever important. And honestly, if you need pot to help you sleep or relax, you're not a stable individual to begin with, or you've become dependent but you're too far in denial to admit it. Grow up and do coke like an adult, you're not in the 7th grade anymore.

Wow cocaine is actually 10x worse than pot will ever be. Meth, heroine, alchohol, LSD and all that other stuff is what ruins your life. I myself havn't smoked in weeks and im having no withdraw symptoms or cravings whatsoever.
Aug 11, 2011 4:30 PM

Aug 2010
They should make alcohol illegal.
Aug 11, 2011 9:17 PM

Aug 2007
Skyzong said:
They should make alcohol illegal.

Because that totally worked before.
Aug 11, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
easy, no.

Aug 11, 2011 11:58 PM

Apr 2008
Angel_Beats said:
easy, no.

Why?
Aug 12, 2011 12:04 AM

Dec 2009
As much as I dislike the smell, the people who smoke excessively, and the "culture" pot brings, I think it should be legalized.

If the government taxes it, we can buy more books for libraries and have some potholes fixed up. I'm sure we can't pull our selves out of debt with just pot money, but at least it can help us all out in our daily lives.... somehow.
Aug 12, 2011 9:01 AM
Apr 2011
Although I respect other people's choices, I don't believing in legalizing marijuana.
Aug 12, 2011 7:14 PM
Jun 2010
well, based on stories from my country, Indonesia, especially in Aceh, Marijuana should be legal to eat, but not to smoke.

well, It is a secret food ingredient.
Aug 12, 2011 9:43 PM

Feb 2008
either way will get you stoned if there is enough in whatever you are putting it in. Cookies and brownies being my fave, wihtout wasting too much weed. Ive seen a weed cake before too. Like a whole cake. There must have been hundreds of dollars worth baked into it.

It just takes 30 minutes to an hour if you eat it. And provides more of a body buzz than a mental high.

People eat it and smoke it for different reasons. Both being quite relevant.
Aug 12, 2011 9:52 PM

Apr 2011
I'm really touchy on it but I have to say yes. I probably won't smoke it until I'm in my mid twenties but I have to agree that legal alchohol is much more retarded. However, I don't think people walking around in the streets high as a kite will benefit society...
Aug 12, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2011
I think it is funny how people are saying there have been no reported deaths linked directly to the use of weed, ther have been many, most of them involving vehicles.

But i do think it should be Legal.
You want a sig? well... to bad! Oh wait...
Aug 13, 2011 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
mik123mik said:
I think it is funny how people are saying there have been no reported deaths linked directly to the use of weed, there have been many, most of them involving vehicles.

It isn't the plant's fault that you (you, generally speaking) decide to drive while under it's effects.
It's the same thing as drinking and driving.

Please think before you (yes, you) start speaking.
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Aug 13, 2011 3:54 AM

Feb 2009
When you consider all the hassle spent on policing this substance, and all the much bigger and much more important issues that might be dealt with by employing effort on them instead, yes, making weed illegal is a lame use of resources that might be better used elsewhere.

Can weed be harmful? Well shit, I can drink water fast enough, and in enough quantity, to literally drown myself through excessive thinning of my blood. Anything can be harmful.

There are lots of things that are illegal only because of specific groups of people that would get all butt hurt if it wasn't.

Difference between taking your wife to dinner and a movie and then going home to some good sex and going to a working girl and dropping some cash on her so you can just get to the having sex part without all the effort is exactly what?

A good restaraunt, and the effort to go there, plus all the incidentals, and the cost of two movie tickets and snacks is likely MORE than the price of most working girls (providing you take your wife to better than MacDonalds and a cheapo movie with no snacks).

Yet prostitution is such a horrible choice to some.
If it wasn't a crime, the criminal element would sure have trouble making it a problem.
But it is indeed a crime, because some portions of society can't live with the idea it isn't just sex. It's gotta be all sorts of 'bad'.

The only reason there isn't any medicinal weed in my home, which some days might not be so bad, is the same reason there is no booze in my home. Too easy to abuse, to become dependent on. I also hate taking entirely legal forms of pain killer. I'd rather bitch and be bitchy with my aches and pains and require lots of soaks in a hot bath. All that happens when you take a bath, is you get wet.

Weed has no more negative effect on you than conventional tobacco. Not 100% identical effects, but still not any worse. Yet there is nothing stopping me from legally chain smoking tobacco.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Aug 13, 2011 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
jkun said:
Angel_Beats said:
easy, no.

Why?

He has no reason.

Ichilicious said:
Although I respect other people's choices, I don't believing in legalizing marijuana.

Why not?

mik123mik said:
I think it is funny how people are saying there have been no reported deaths linked directly to the use of weed, ther have been many, most of them involving vehicles.

But i do think it should be Legal.

Bullshit. There are none. The only time there were any is the time where they were also drunk.
Aug 14, 2011 4:49 AM

Apr 2011
A lot less people would do it if it was legal. Although it's just smoking a plant, that stuff can f**k you up. Personally, if it was legal, then this joke would be even more true: "Drugs. That's why they call it High-school!". (Stole off of Chris Rock lmao)
Aug 14, 2011 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
Arguements aside, i don't think it would be a good thing if it was legalized.

Because think a little.

IF it was legal, you wouldn't be buying premium shit from your dealer. You would be buying watered down bullshit sess that costs way too much and is heavily taxed by the government.

So in essence, if weed were legal, you would be paying more, getting less high, for a shorter period of time. And you would probably have to smoke a lot to get high in the first place.

The only upside is you would be able to smoke a joint on the street or where ever you are, and even that aspect is up for debate considering the recent smoking laws and smoking being banned from certain public areas.

This is always what happens when you let the government control a substance for society.

I think people aren't thinking about the repercussions enough and just want the title of 'legal' to be stamped on one of their favorite past times.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

12 by ProtoSelf »»
2 minutes ago

» do u guys have friends irl? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 7, 2023

80 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - 14 minutes ago

6 by Rhae »»
3 minutes ago

» Is mental illness real?

rian2 - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» America in 1962

rian2 - 11 hours ago

4 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.