Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2011 1:52 AM

Aug 2009
Lol anyone go wtf in the couple episodes where they start singing? Glad there weren't many...

Did Kate previously have a crush on Lisa? At the beginning, when she's outside crying about Lisa's death, she keeps saying she just wants to be with her again "even if there's shame" (not exact wording).

Would you say Paula liked Kate more than as a good friend or "sisterly figure"?

Just curious...
Jul 19, 2011 8:43 AM

Aug 2007
The singing parts were soliloquies, which reflected the initial uncertainty the girls felt. Once they started tackling their inner fears and uncertainties, the soliloquies were no longer needed. I think perhaps the nature of these segments is a little more obvious in the English dub, where these parts are spoken rather than sung. They certainly are odd moments in an otherwise straightforward narrative format.

There was a closeness in Kate's relationship with Lise that perhaps wasn't there for the other girls. Whether this translates into a crush I suppose is up to your own interpretation. Paula's interest in Kate is a tad more obvious in its portrayal, but again open to interpretation. Personally, I'd lean towards Paula caring about Kate in a loving rather than sisterly manner. Kate's closeness to Lise is a little harder to read, but I wouldn't rule out the subtext there either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 12 Discussion

mrzkitty - Mar 18, 2012

8 by Missynette »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:23 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Jul 13, 2023

2 by removed-user »»
Jul 15, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 22 Discussion

Katbot - Jul 11, 2009

34 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 21 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

12 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 3:39 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 20 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

7 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.