Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2011 8:56 AM
Dec 2008
Helloes

As the topic says, I am looking for a manga as the topic says.
Also I do prefer that the characters ( At least most ) are -NOT- some around 10 year olds. I just cant drag myself to watch stuff like that.

Genres
School
Magic / Fantasy / Supernatural

These will be a big plus in it
Romance
Harem (Either one)
Yuri / Shoujo Ai
Ecchi

For an example - Tokimeki Mononoke Jogakkou - is one of the best mangas I have read.
Mx0 is another one with less on the Romance side. But I loved the magic side of that manga. A mix of them both would be amazing..
My Balls - Demons and Angels.. Always a good thing.

Feel free to poke me about my Plan to Read / On Hold / Reading ones. I might have forgotten a few ^^

Thanks in advance!
May 22, 2011 9:17 AM
Jan 2011
Iv taken a peek at your list and while youv already seen almost everything i had on these gendres I would SERIOUSLY advise you to pick-up the ef's tale of memories and the tale of melodies - its a seriously good anime, but start from the first season ( i think it was memories) It has a very good storyline.
Another on hold is Kanon, but if youv seen clannad recently Kanon might seem just to similar.

Might wanna try Beck, its a slice of life/school/abit of romance/music anime.

Liked Death note? A 'lighter version' with a similar plot is Higashi no Eden, once you find out the story it will really grab you.
May 22, 2011 9:18 AM
Dec 2008
I loved Death Note. I've seen Higashi no Eden as anime. It was quite nice.
May 22, 2011 9:35 AM

Feb 2008
Strawberry Shake Sweet, yuri rom com, not school or fantasy though
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, about as much romance as Mx0, mostly an ecchi shounen action comedy. The series drifts away from school after awhile though
Onidere, ecchi rom com in a school setting, generally episodic
Hajimete no Aku, similar to Onidere but with slightly more plot and more sci-fi/superpower elements
Pretty Face, if you don't mind genderbenders, the romance angle is mostly for comedy as you should be able to tell from the description but it is generally quite ecchi and has sci-fi elements that border on magic
Koi no Kami-sama, one shot, supernatural rom com
B Gata H Kei, ecchi shounen rom com, school setting
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, harem rom com, school setting
Change 123, ecchi action romance, might qualify as harem
Rappi Rangai, ecchi action rom com/harem, historical/supernatural setting
Koe de Oshigoto!, ecchi rom com, school/work setting
Hoshi no Samidare, mostly supernatural drama/slice of life, but there are also romance and comedy elements. Similar feel to Mai-hime (if you've seen it)
Kanojo wa Kanno Shosetsuka, if you like Nana to Kaouru, more comedy oriented than NtK though
Girls Saurus, ecchi rom com, school setting
My Lovely Ghost KANA, maybe. mature seinen supernatural romance/slice of life
May 22, 2011 9:51 AM

Apr 2009
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Supernatual/School with some ecchi and romance
Sankarea - Supernatural, with ecchi and romance
Ghost Talker's Daydream - Supernatural, with ecchi and a little bit of romance.
May 22, 2011 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
Checkout Ao No Exorcist
May 22, 2011 10:23 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know any manga(although some of these anime also have manga versions,but if you want some anime, I have alot of supernatural anime on my list(it's my favorite genre) that isn't on yours:

Ones I'v Seen(With Characters Definitatley Over 10 Years)
InuYasha (fantasy, romance, has yokai/japanese mythology elements that make it supernatural. also has c omedy and action. The main character's are teenagers,not 10 year olds.)

Juuni Kokuki(a fantasy anime. It has mythology such as kirin,but i'm not sure if that would be considered supernatural since kirins aren't conisidered actually "yokai" aka Japanese spirits persay that I know of. The main character is a 16 year old girl in high school. It's very political and dark at times though.)

Karas(an ova. It's supernatural,but it's also kind of mecha in away because the guy who turns into the karas's karas form is some gaint robot-like thing.It's ok though.)

Kekkaishi (very supernatural. They hunt down spirits and talk to ghost. The boy is an 8th grader and the girl a 9th grader.)

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (more fantasy than supernatural,but it's still a good movie and the girl is a teenager and not a little kid unlike in most ghibli movies.)

Pom Poko(another studio ghibli movie. Deals with the supernatural lore of shapeshifting tanuki/raccoon dogs(a type of animal native to Japan.) However, it requires knowing alot about Japanese mythology and folklore in order to understand what is going on and it has some comedy and not very seriousness about it as well. Alot of parts of it are serious though. Most of the main characters are tanuki who shapeshift into humans at random times,so you'll probably only like if if you don't mind things with animals as main characters.)

Princess Mononoke (more mythology and folklore like gives it a supernatural feel. And this another one of the studio ghibli movies where all the main characters are actually teenagers or adults.It's about forest gods who take animal form fighting over the protection of the forest with humans )

Shikabane Hime(about dead people who are stuck on earth and have to have a monk assigned to them to make sure they don't turn into some monster/demon thing.Very supernatural. All main characters are adults or older teens.)

The Cat Returns ( about a high school girls who gets sucked into a world of bakeneko(supernatural cats in Japanese folklore)

xxxholic(an older teenage boy who can see spirits and works for a witch who grants people wishes)

Ones I'v Seen(Where I'm Not Sure of the Age or the Characters are 10 or Under,but still worth giving a chance anyway):

My Neighbor Totoro(It has supernatural-ness,but the main girl is 10 or younger.)

Shounen Onmyouji (It's based on a boy who can see spirits and although he's 13 if I remember correctly, he's really annoying and immature.)

Spirited Away(one of the best supernatural anime out there. The main character is young,but if you ignore that fact, you'd probably still very much enjoy it.)

Totsuzen! Neko no Kuni Banipal Witt(Even though they are kids younger than 10, if you like The Cat Returns you might still like this.

Ushio to Tora(deals with yokai. a very short series. I'm not sure how old the boy is but a think he's a young teen, like 13 or 14, although he could be younger.)

Ones I Haven't Seen

Castle in the Sky( I think they are teenagers,but I'm not sure. This is another one that is more fantasy than supernatural.)

Cheonnyeon-yeowoo Yeowoobi (concerns kitsune shape-shifting lore,but I think the kitsune is 10 or younger so you might not like it.)

Gake no Ue no Ponyo (more shape-shifting lore, this time concerning a fish,but again I think her human form is under 10.)

Ghost Sweeper GS Mikami (an adult woman who hunts ghost)

Haunted Junction(I'm not sure their ages,but it's about kids that go to school at a supernatural school.)

Howl's Moving Castle (I don't know much about it,but from what I do know, it seems to be just fantasy,not supernatural. I think they're teens but I'm not sure.)

Kiki's Delivery Service(about a young witch. I think she's ten or younger though.)

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (This one's fantasy,but you might not like it since I believe the main character is a 3rd grader.)

Phantom Quest Corp. (more adult ghost hunters.)

Ghost Hunt(ghost hunting by adults/teens)

Yu Yu Hakusho (about a teenage boy who dies and becomes a ghost)

Zenki (about a priest who has relationship with a demon)
caninesrockMay 22, 2011 10:29 AM
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!
May 22, 2011 11:26 AM
Dec 2008
Hnnngg. Well that is a lot. I am sure to find a few at least there! Thanks everyone
May 22, 2011 9:56 PM
Feb 2011
Watashi no messiah-sama

i've heard good things about it. but havent read it yet. genres match though.

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

28 by Tropisch »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime or Manga that kinda sucks but you can't stop watching/reading?

isseixkoneko - 2 hours ago

7 by 8oomer »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime that shows brother and sister bathing together?

Gfralp - 5 hours ago

3 by Gaurxv »»
3 hours ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Pls recommend manga with awesome art-style and story, not restricted to any genre. Any hidden gems. I really liked dorohedoro, summer time renderer, koe no katachi, nana to kaoru, donten prism solar car and eye shield 21, to name a few.

Losvayne - Yesterday

12 by SleepingBear »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.