Forum Settings
Forums

FUNimation Acquires Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2011 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
NicoleXNorway said:
Funimation dubs usually are not that great. So I'm worried for Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka. It was good in Japanese. I'm sure subs are better than dubs in this case.

You do know they did the Baccano dub, right?
¯l_(ツ)_/¯
May 23, 2011 2:11 PM

Dec 2009
I'll be getting Zombie. I liked it and will gladly support it
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2011 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
Smochi said:
oh, I'm glad they licensed the FMA:B movie, I only like watching FMA dubbed :3

I'm happy about Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? too, I didn't know people hated it, I assumed everyone loved it, since it's full of fanservice and violence xD;

I didn't know people hated it either! The middle part was meh, but the rest was effen' hilarious!
May 23, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
Any aknowledgement of FMA is a great thing.

imperlast said:
Drizzy_Drake said:
Onibokusu said:
Too bad Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is pretty meh. Come on FUNi, we need some better licenses here. I want to see some Michiko to Hatchin here.

You speak the truth, bro ^_-

damn straight

I wasn't too keen on 'Zombie desu ka? yet it seemed popular.
I though I was just getting old and picky when I dropped it, yet it seems I'm not alone. :D

May 23, 2011 5:57 PM

May 2010
For me the good news is that if they have it in movie theatres I can go see it. The bad news is I'll have to watch Brotherhood. Nothing against FMA Brotherhood, but that doesn't give me a lot of time to watch it. But maybe I'll be able to read the manga quickly enough.
May 23, 2011 9:36 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh Funi.

Would rather pay for special edition box sets with extras than waste that money on cheap thinpacks marked up in price because of mediocre dub acting :/

Imports ftw.

I heard (though only a rumor) that Shaft asked close to Bleach money to license for Bakem. Nobody would pay that for Bakem or Madoka.

Rightfully so, both achieved more, artistically, in story and content in 12-15 episodes than Bleach has in 200+.
HadenaZubonMay 23, 2011 9:41 PM
May 23, 2011 10:34 PM
Nov 2008
HatenaZubon said:
cheap thinpacks marked up in price because of mediocre dub acting :/

Ah ha, ah ha, haaaa. Oh boy, that was fairly funny. It's almost like you have no idea how much the average thinpak set costs... Oh, you probably don't. Right.

Imports ftw.

If you don't have the money to spend on R1 sets with a 'marked up' price, why would imports be 'ftw'? R2 imports are quite expensive. We're talking about US$350 for 26 episodes on Blu-Ray.
May 23, 2011 10:36 PM

Mar 2011
I'm surprised that they are doing a dub of Kore wa?, I knew it was popular but didn't think that it would get picked up this fast if ever. I'm a big fan of it so I'm excited but the name change is just stupid.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
May 24, 2011 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
Onibokusu said:
HatenaZubon said:
cheap thinpacks marked up in price because of mediocre dub acting :/

Ah ha, ah ha, haaaa. Oh boy, that was fairly funny. It's almost like you have no idea how much the average thinpak set costs... Oh, you probably don't. Right.

Imports ftw.

If you don't have the money to spend on R1 sets with a 'marked up' price, why would imports be 'ftw'? R2 imports are quite expensive. We're talking about US$350 for 26 episodes on Blu-Ray.

I think you misunderstood my post discussing the company's cost structure as me "not having the money" to spend. I have a fair number of Japanese R2 titles on DVD, as WELL as american thinpack licenced box sets.

Times like this that really go to show the American anime market is dying. Of course I know how much they cost: ~$30 for Funi's "SAVE" bundles with packaging so cheap, your DVDs are lucky to make it out of the packaging alive (or in some cases, even stay on the spindles). ~50 for most complete 26 ep shows, give or take 10 in either direction with slightly less horrid plastic casing, but color-printed sheet inserts, no extras.

And dubs. People can enjoy dubs if they want, that's a stupid argument for another day, but considering how much costs are cut to make these box sets, pretty much you can think of most of that small price label going towards recuperating licensing costs, paying for the dub, and a very very small portion of it actually attempting to bring the company back into the green zone. People hate when I say this, but maybe cutting dubs companies can actually break even or profit on their licenses.

Shame ADV is no longer around but they were one of the few companies that actually had PRINTED boxes. Nozomi / Right Stuf's titles all have full-color printed boxes, with some extras (not nearly close to what Japanese collectors get, but like postcards/posters).

And yeah I'm well aware what Japanese titles cost. However a single volume special ed blu-ray that would go for about $70 would include the blu-ray, a music CD/character single, artbook or poster/postcards, fully color-printed packaging with some extras (for example, every Amagami SS volume came with a full-size dakimakura-"style" bedsheet of the character that I'd easily pay $40+ for at a con) Idk about you, but I'd rather have the option of getting either the special edition or the "fast food" edition...and to do that the company should really cut costs somewhere...

I'm not asking for much, just would like to see more "goods" bundled with titles rather than this "fast food anime" we're seeing. Hell...at least improving the packaging a little bit. There was one title I got that had all the DVDs on a single spindle in a case...and it was a chore removing them from the spindle, they seemed like they would break every time. I just store them in a DVD binder for now because I don't want to risk damaging the discs. Sad news indeed.
HadenaZubonMay 24, 2011 1:17 AM
Jun 18, 2011 1:15 PM

Jan 2011
totally getting Zombie, It's my second favorite Anime!

Mio+Seraphim+Mion=Heaven
Jun 23, 2011 8:12 PM

May 2010
YukiPwns00 said:
For me the good news is that if they have it in movie theatres I can go see it. The bad news is I'll have to watch Brotherhood. Nothing against FMA Brotherhood, but that doesn't give me a lot of time to watch it. But maybe I'll be able to read the manga quickly enough.

No, I don't think this movie has anything to do with Brotherhood.

But yeah, might they actually do any theatrical releasing for the movie?
Jun 23, 2011 8:16 PM

Jun 2010
i really thought Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? would never get licensed...i cant say i am not happy about it though :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.