Forum Settings
Forums
New
Have you seen any Yuri or Yaoi?
Feb 20, 2011 4:47 AM

May 2009
In some anime you see that female otaku's are into Yaoi and male otaku's into Yuri and I was wondering, do you watch any or both of these two? Or maybe you don't?
Well let's talk about it!

Personally: I have seen some Yuri and Yaoi and I don't really mind it. The first one of these two I saw was the Yuri anime Strawberry Panic and I loved the story! I don't really mind watching any of these two, I enjoy the often beautiful storyline and I don't think that you must be a guy or lesbian or whatever to watch Yuri or Yaoi =3 I do know some people who don't want to watch it even though they haven't seen any of it, like never even saw the opening or whatever! And that makes me sad sometimes since those anime or manga can be great but you can't force them ;)
祇園精舎の鐘の声、諸行無常の響きあり。娑羅双樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理をあらわす。
おごれる人も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にはほろびぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 20, 2011 5:30 AM

May 2009
I've seen both Yaoi and Yuri and I have to say, I don't care much about it :S Actually, I've started to hate yaoi, but that's because of how hyped it is here in our Danish anime society. it's really crazy and yuri doesn't get any attention at all.

But I agree with madokaaChan, you don't have to be gay to watch either of it.
Feb 20, 2011 8:03 PM

Nov 2007
First Yaoi anime I watched was Gravitation without knowing it was called Yaoi and loved it. I only watched one Yuri anime and was really weird. Now I avoid watching those genre, but sometimes I will pick little Yaoi anime in a while to watch.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 22, 2011 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
I've seen yuri and yaoi. Yuri's okay, it seems more like fanservice so it depends. Yaoi is cool, it's cute atleast. I read Loveless, which is a yaoi manga.
"Kimi wa oujo boku wa meshitsukai
Unmei wakatsu aware na futago
Kimi wo mamoru sono tame naraba
Boku wa aku ni datte natte yaru."
-Kagamine, Len ~Servant of Evil~
Mar 24, 2011 12:49 PM

Oct 2010
I've seen both yuri and yaoi. Yaoi mostly has to do with more physical things and yuri mostly has emotional things. Frankly, I love me some yaoi more than yuri, but i like yuri as well. It depends on what characters we are talking about...

fave yaoi couple: RiffxCain (Cain Saga/Godchild)
fave yuri couple: KonotaxKagami/KagamixKonota (Lucky Star)
Apr 19, 2011 10:21 AM

Mar 2011
I love both of them. I watch more Yaoi than Yuri though, maybe because most of the fanservice seems creepier to me. I ship a lot of slash too.
The Yaoi fangirl/Yuri Fanboy stereotype really bugs me. Anyone else agree?
May 1, 2011 10:30 AM
Mikuru Beam!

Apr 2011
I agree with you Bunny, that stereotype is annoying.

I love yuri and I like yaoi. Yuri I'm a bigger fan of because I don't see it as much, I got burnt out on yaoi. Girl Friends is a really good yuri manga, I haven't seen any yuri anime.

Obviously it doesn't mean you're gay if you like yaoi/yuri! It's the same thing as straight pairings, just with two people of the same gender!

May 21, 2011 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
I've seen both, though I tend to write more yuri and read more yaoi. I love them both equally, though I do hate random fanservice for both. I have a hard time finding good yuri's, though (There are a few that I find and really love though see a lot of twelve year old looking girls making out >.>) Same goes for yaoi, except with boys of course. I have a hard time finding ones I like that have a cute story and character development (And I hate typical seme and uke for yaoi/yuri! It pisses me off!)

@Bunnyxgun I agree with you! I hate those stereotypes very much!

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Jul 9, 2011 11:25 PM

May 2010
I've seen both but I'm more of a Yaoi fan I'm more into the cute-looking guys in a relationship type and some times a hard core fan as well. I've only watch some shoujo-ai it's decent but I rarely watch it,maybe because I'm not use to that type of fanservice

@Bunny
I hate that! The whole stereotype thing is freakin annoying. Not all male otakus watch yuri.Some guy in my class last year watched yaoi and he didn't mind it at all he actually liked it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How do people react when they found out that you are an Otaku?

Nasuada25 - Nov 15, 2010

9 by ShiroeTan »»
Oct 10, 2015 10:46 AM

Sticky: » Nominations for the best of the year 2011

Nasuada25 - Dec 3, 2011

6 by tsubasalover »»
Jan 11, 2012 12:25 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Member Cards for Everyone!

Zettablob - Nov 16, 2010

27 by Bouum »»
Dec 31, 2011 1:21 PM

» In what kind of school club would you like to be if you would go to a Japanese school?

Nasuada25 - Jul 15, 2011

4 by Bunnyxgun »»
Dec 2, 2011 1:49 PM

Sticky: » Birthday Calendar

Nasuada25 - Jul 15, 2011

5 by Bunnyxgun »»
Aug 2, 2011 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.