New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 11, 2011 6:38 PM

Nov 2009
Season 2?
Apr 22, 2011 3:20 PM

Nov 2008
To send off the series in the most fitting manner possible, here is one last speculah I posted on TVTropes. It's pretty long and is about the origin of Walpurgis Night, something that wasn't properly answered in the actual series.

Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 22, 2011 10:12 PM

Dec 2010
FOE-tan said:
To send off the series in the most fitting manner possible, here is one last speculah I posted on TVTropes. It's pretty long and is about the origin of Walpurgis Night, something that wasn't properly answered in the actual series.

WoW i never thought of it that way i see where u going with this
but as AmberFebruary pointed out ,

Walpurgisnact is just a Witch, a Witch Queen, an overpowered witch if i may, and as Madoka said as the Walpurgis vanishes,

"It's enough.
You don't need to hold a grudge against anyone.
You don't need to curse anyone anymore.
I'll protect you before you even taken that form."

implying that she is a Mahou Shoujo once, and has been a Witch that powerful because she has chosen to curse the "world" itself. >.<

this kind goes with wat u saying in a way
Apr 23, 2011 1:35 AM

Nov 2008
holyflamez said:
FOE-tan said:

Walpurgisnact is just a Witch, a Witch Queen, an overpowered witch if i may, and as Madoka said as the Walpurgis vanishes,

"It's enough.

implying that she is a Mahou Shoujo once, and has been a Witch that powerful because she has chosen to curse the "world" itself. >.<

Well maybe the girl wished that she could destroy the earth and that no existing mahou shoujo would be able to stop her, and the Incubator granted her wish by fusing her with itself, giving her the perks of an Incubator such as being pretty much indestructible, which would explain why Homura would never be able to destroy her, no matter how hard she tried.

Since incubators don't understand human emotions, it probably thought that it would have enough control to contain her destruction in such a way it would be beneficial to the incubators, but found out it was powerless to stop her once she went insane from its attempts at restraint,.

Another incubator motif that Walpurgisnacht has are the red eyes, which are on a mechanical, unmoving face.

Or maybe Walpugisnacht was an Incubator who could feel emotions (Kyuubey did imply that Incubators like that might exist when he was talking about emotions being treated the same way as mental defects in Incubator society, but this is Kyuubey we are talking about.), gave itself mahou shoujo powers without realizing the consequences and became a witch, Incubator-style.
[
Apr 23, 2011 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
FOE-tan said:
holyflamez said:
FOE-tan said:

"It's enough.

Well maybe the girl wished that she could destroy the earth and that no existing mahou shoujo would be able to stop her, and the Incubator granted her wish by fusing her with itself, giving her the perks of an Incubator such as being pretty much indestructible, which would explain why Homura would never be able to destroy her, no matter how hard she tried.

Since incubators don't understand human emotions, it probably thought that it would have enough control to contain her destruction in such a way it would be beneficial to the incubators, but found out it was powerless to stop her once she went insane from its attempts at restraint,.

Another incubator motif that Walpurgisnacht has are the red eyes, which are on a mechanical, unmoving face.

Or maybe Walpugisnacht was an Incubator who could feel emotions (Kyuubey did imply that Incubators like that might exist when he was talking about emotions being treated the same way as mental defects in Incubator society, but this is Kyuubey we are talking about.), gave itself mahou shoujo powers without realizing the consequences and became a witch, Incubator-style.

I get it what u saying i found this on umm wiki.puella-magi.net

from episode 11

Homura confirmed that Walpurgis Night is a witch that doesn't need a barrier to appear. Its appearance itself would cause hundreds of casualties.
This episode also confirms (or partially confirms) that Walpurgis Night is named after the actual 'festival' it represents, and while it doesn't have a barrier outright, around the spot where it appears can be found a festival-like gathering of familiars. Whether it is an actual gathering of witches or just themed after the historical gathering is up in the air, but some of its familiars did appear to be similar to the magical girl forms of some witches.

sorry my info is not organized >.<
Apr 23, 2011 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
Well, I changed my theory a bit since then. Walpurgis Night IS a witch, but it is an Incubator at the same time.

Of course, that would require an Incubator that could feel human emotions, but Kyuubey implied that Incubators with emotions existed when he was talking about how surprised they were when humans could co-exist despite their emotions. He implied this by saying that Incubators regarded emotions as a defect, thus implying that they saw emotions before they discovered humans, just at a much lower rate and with near-instant death. Of course, Kyuubey likes to imply things that are non-existent, but I don't see any need for him to avoid the truth on that particular matter.

So reading between the lines, there are some Incubators which are capable of feeling emotions like a human, but they are so rare that they can't be used as a reliable energy source, and the incubators in question are treated as defects by the normal, emotionless Incubators, and that will be the source of the despair turns them into a witch.They probably have the same powers as normal incubators, so they could probably empower themselves, which leads them to become witches.

The human witches gather around the Incubator witch as a central figure like how the mahou shuojo gather around a normal incubator, and also like the real Walpurgis Night.

Of course, this means Walpurgis gets incubator perks like the grief seed storage area (which could be used to become even more powerful) and the regeneration ability that Kyuubey has too, only stronger, which explains why Homura couldn't scratch Walpurgis, and justifies Kyuubey's confidence that she could never defeat Walpurgis, no matter how many timelines she travels to.
[
Apr 23, 2011 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
FOE-tan said:
Well, I changed my theory a bit since then. Walpurgis Night IS a witch, but it is an Incubator at the same time.

Of course, that would require an Incubator that could feel human emotions, but Kyuubey implied that Incubators with emotions existed when he was talking about how surprised they were when humans could co-exist despite their emotions. He implied this by saying that Incubators regarded emotions as a defect, thus implying that they saw emotions before they discovered humans, just at a much lower rate and with near-instant death. Of course, Kyuubey likes to imply things that are non-existent, but I don't see any need for him to avoid the truth on that particular matter.

So reading between the lines, there are some Incubators which are capable of feeling emotions like a human, but they are so rare that they can't be used as a reliable energy source, and the incubators in question are treated as defects by the normal, emotionless Incubators, and that will be the source of the despair turns them into a witch.They probably have the same powers as normal incubators, so they could probably empower themselves, which leads them to become witches.

The human witches gather around the Incubator witch as a central figure like how the mahou shuojo gather around a normal incubator, and also like the real Walpurgis Night.

Of course, this means Walpurgis gets incubator perks like the grief seed storage area (which could be used to become even more powerful) and the regeneration ability that Kyuubey has too, only stronger, which explains why Homura couldn't scratch Walpurgis, and justifies Kyuubey's confidence that she could never defeat Walpurgis, no matter how many timelines she travels to.

THats very interesting point i agree
on another note lets say they make a s2
i would like to see madoka go to the future and stop mahou shuojo from becoming a witch.

o yea i rewatch episode 12 again don't u think the frist girl madoka save
was Walpurgis because of the circus theme and the place she died at which had the same theme?
Apr 26, 2011 2:06 PM

Nov 2009
There is such a thing as over-speculating and over-theorizing... But it is an interesting one, that seems like a possibility. In any case, there might be a season 2 to get rid of the demons...? Or will it just be a slice of life about killing demons, since they don't seem like a threat at all.
May 1, 2011 11:59 AM

Sep 2010
I believe that Freud's Death Drive Theory suits perfectly as a framework for this show. Actually I psychoanalyze Madoka and wrote something about it on my blog. If you guys are into psychology more particularly with psycho-sexual approach to Madoka, feel free to check my post Psychoanalysis: Death Drive in Mahou Shoujo Madoka, and feel free to let me know what you think.
Nov 8, 2011 2:17 PM

Nov 2009
UPDATE
With the announcement of the three new movies, there is a lot of room for theories to form especially since the third movie will contain new material. The first and second movies will be remade, so there are problem some changes to theorize as well. LET'S REVIVE THE FUN THREAD.
May 16, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
hmmm, could be a lot of things, i just can't wait for more!!:D

Aug 26, 2012 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
Looking back on some of the theories we've had, I must say... We did a good job. xP

AND I WAS RIGHT. MAGICAL GIRLS BECOME WITCHES!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Which Madoka Magica character are you? ( 1 2 )

CurseGoddess - Oct 30, 2011

78 by 3ASV226 »»
Feb 8, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Favourite character

Gurenn - Oct 29, 2011

47 by MagicalArtist »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Poll: » Least Favorite Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Character?

hartschaotica - Jul 3, 2012

26 by MagicalArtist »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:27 AM

» Dedicated Discord server for Madoka Kaname

copypasterCPS - Oct 28, 2020

0 by copypasterCPS »»
Oct 28, 2020 6:59 AM

» Art style of Madoka Magica

-FlowerPower- - Sep 16, 2017

2 by -FlowerPower- »»
Sep 17, 2017 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.